The sequence of events, as I played it:
- Talk to Taris, get directions to Kryll. I'm pretty sure I hadn't had the conversation pointing me to Taris.
- Travel to the area where Kryll is, get ambushed by skeletons.
- Approach Kryll. The screen locks to centered on Dorn.
- Attempt to talk to Kryll. Nothing happens.
- Dorn attacks Kryll. She does nothing, and dies in a few hits. The "sleeping" bodies nearby stay that way.
- Dorn has his standard post-battle conversation. The map remains centered on Dorn. Travel away, first to Nashkel and then to Wyrm's Crossing. The screen remains centered on Dorn throughout.
- Fight against Simmeon and friends. Both Simmeon and Dorn die in the battle. The screen returns to normal.
Loading a save removed the screen-centering effect, but the non-hostile Kryll remained, and her minions didn't rise.
The save with this issue is attached.