Skip to content

Console Release Dates & Game Packs

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Release News

Mark your calendars! Today Skybound Games and Beamdog announced the release dates and game packs for the upcoming console versions of our Dungeons & Dragons Enhanced Edition titles!

Read the full release details on Skybound.com.

Digital & Physical Release Dates:

Coming Sept 24, 2019 (North America) / Sept 27, 2019 (Rest of the World):

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pack: Celebrating the series’ 20th anniversary, the original Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and its sequel, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, return with all DLC and restored quest content, as well as the Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion, featuring new original content developed by Beamdog to bridge the two games.
  • Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition / Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: Two must-play games and all their DLC in one package – the chilling Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, plus its expansions, and the enhanced edition of 1999’s RPG of the Year, Planescape: Torment.

Coming Dec 3, 2019 (North America) / Dec 6, 2019 (Rest of the World):
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: The 2002 Computer RPG of the Year and all its DLC deliver 10 standalone D&D-based adventures featuring co-op and online multiplayer.

Want to know more about what to expect with these upcoming console releases? Follow Skybound Games on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
StummvonBordwehranastielckoeAedanbleusteelBelegCuthalionlolienTorgrimmerSkatanFaydark

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Awesome. Simply awesome.
    JuliusBorisov
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Perfect Julius Thanks for News \o/
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited June 2019
    Went on twitter before coming here. When I saw someone tweet about September I was horrified that there wouldn't be time for NwN to be properly ready. Then further down I saw it is not until December for NwN and, as I expected, looks like it will be either the sp that is bundled with it or some form of multi-player. In other words not the single player mods made by the community. This makes perfect sense to me with nwsync for mp and not for sp.

Also that release date should give time for the new renderer and 64 bit to be properly ironed out.
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: The 2002 Computer RPG of the Year and all its DLC deliver 10 standalone D&D-based adventures featuring co-op and online multiplayer.

Just noticed something. With the OC, SoU, HotU, DoD, Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr that only makes for 7 standalone adventures yet in the above release it says 10...

Does that mean that there is new dlc coming by December?

TR
    StummvonBordwehr
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited June 2019
    Are they for sale individually? For example, do I need to get both IWD and PS:T?

Do we have a cost associated with the titles yet? edit: never mind, bottom of the link says they will be sold individually.

Don’t know if so want physical or digital...
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054

I can totally see myself getting Planescape on Console. I've never played it and it would give me a good sense if I wanted to get the others on console as well despite having them on the computer already.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @TarotRedhand I think the last 3 standalone adventures are the BioWare modules that shipped with NWN Classic: "The Dark Ranger's Treasure"; "The Winds of Eremor"; and "To Heir is Human". Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Went on twitter before coming here. When I saw someone tweet about September I was horrified that there wouldn't be time for NwN to be properly ready. Then further down I saw it is not until December for NwN and, as I expected, looks like it will be either the sp that is bundled with it or some form of multi-player. In other words not the single player mods made by the community. This makes perfect sense to me with nwsync for mp and not for sp.

Also that release date should give time for the new renderer and 64 bit to be properly ironed out.
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: The 2002 Computer RPG of the Year and all its DLC deliver 10 standalone D&D-based adventures featuring co-op and online multiplayer.

Just noticed something. With the OC, SoU, HotU, DoD, Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr that only makes for 7 standalone adventures yet in the above release it says 10...

TR

8. Witch's Wake
    9. King Maker
    10. Shadowguard
    RaduzielPrince_RaymondTarotRedhand
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    Will there be physical retail versions too, or only digital downloads?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, @Ghamarro - check out the link for the full announcement by Skybound Games. There will be both physical and digital releases.
    anastiel
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    @JuliusBorisov Is the console NWN release coupled with graphic rework or are they being worked on independently?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The footage in the trailer was taken on the old renderer, and the final product will look vastly improved over that.
    1varangian
  • TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2019
    I will probably buy it on Nintendo Switch.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
    Will there be more content to IWD or BG through DLC or updates?
    StummvonBordwehr
    TurboTT wrote: »
    Will there be more content to IWD or BG through DLC or updates?

Not planned at this moment.
  • FouintoFouinto Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2019
    Will path-finding bug be fixed in BG pack day one (Sept 24, 2019) ?
    Fouinto wrote: »

Yes, the console versions have that fixed.
    StummvonBordwehrLudwig_IIPrince_Raymond

Yes, the console versions have that fixed.

Thank you. I will probably take it on switch :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Praise God
    JuliusBorisov
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Nice, more people will able to try this masterpieces. I just wonder how the game will gonna work with an controller...
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2019
    I was thinking about this quality of life UI improvement for spells. When having a lot of spells, skills, innate abilites, it gets hard time to find particular one and longer time than it needs to be.
    This is suggestion for new spell UI which player could bring up with some button and ported later in 2.7 update for PC.
    There could be a 3rd ring if needed.

1noly94pxdtf.jpg

Prince_RaymondRik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisovanastiel
    deltago wrote: »

TR

8. Witch's Wake
    9. King Maker
    10. Shadowguard

@deltago Oh, yes. I forgot about those modules. I believe you are correct. Thanks for the info.
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Will the console release of NWN:EE use the new graphics renderer?
    Ugly_Duck wrote: »
    Will the console release of NWN:EE use the new graphics renderer?

Yes!
    The footage in the trailer was taken on the old renderer, and the final product will look vastly improved over that.
    anastielStummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymond
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Wow! Thanks Julius! This gives me hope that the PC version of NWN:EE will be close to having the new graphics!
    [Deleted User]Prince_Raymond
    BTW, will "new" subtitle be available ?
    In particular, what about BG2EE with French subtitle ?
    BTW, will "new" subtitle be available ?
    In particular, what about BG2EE with French subtitle ?

The localizations for console versions are handled by Skybound Games. Our localization coordinator is working with them and all the volunteer teams.
    Prince_RaymondGreenWarlock
    A funny thing occurred to me. With the three modules that @deltago pointed out along with the 3 modules that ship with the retail version of NWN:EE, you're technically getting thirteen standalone adventures. Woot! Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    Is there any chance we get to mods the games on consoles?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    BanArd wrote: »
    Is there any chance we get to mods the games on consoles?

Not from beamdog here. IMO the most likely scenario is :

Modules for NWN, yes, could easily be downloaded(not sure, someone from BD needs to confirm)

But more complex mods like PRC would not be console available by a lot of reasons(not sure too)