Skip to content

Wings Version 0.91b

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    wings is just a banter/friendship mod that added afew encounters. so it does not clash with other banter mods for aerie. she is in character in all of them so you should be good.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Okay thanks ;)

Is it ended? I mean, the story (and the encounters) you get in Wings conclude themselves or you expect to have another encounter at a certain point, but won't get it because the development of the mod stopped?
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I think what is in there is complete, but someone else could confirm with more accuracy.
    megamike15
    the only things that weren't finished were her quests. one involved her confronting the slavers that captured her and i assume was inspired by the cut bioware quest but not sure. and another was one involving her and minsic which we have no info on. and she has no tob content.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Really nice writing here. Never had much interest in Aerie, but decided to take her along for the Imoen friendship the other time. Was positively surprised - between this mod and her dialogues from the Imoen mod she becomes much more real a character than I had thought her to be. Couldn't really distinguish between the mod dialogue and the vanilla content either, which is a credit to all authors. Would love to see the quest completed! :)
    megamike15
    i agree it just feels so natural. the fact it gives aerie 3 talks before her romance talks starts also helps ease you into it. we get to know her alittle bit then she does the wings talk and it does not feel like she is whining for no reason.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    I've updated the link on the top post, so if you want to try this unfinished mod you can find it here.

I've probably said it before, but the reason it was never finished was that I had a lot of ideas bouncing around my head, many of which were too ambitious for the time and resources I had available (on top of lots of other suggestions I had as well). There's still a lot of extra banters and bits, and I managed to get her familiar to kind of work (albeit not through any kind of programming or modding skill, but just bloody-minded hammering until the game did what I wanted).
    ThacoBellleeux
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Well shoot, I need ot give this a try.
    edited October 2019
    Have you tried asking for help Coutelier? There are people here that have a lot of knowledge and I'm sure would help you if you asked
    Arthas wrote: »
    Have you tried asking for help Coutelier? There are people here that have a lot of knowledge and I'm sure would help you if you asked

@Skitia is planning on taking over and finishing wings once they are done with their current mods.
    Ah interesting. Thanks megamike.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2019
    Hello! Please add a Russian translation to the mod! The author of the translation - razor1213 & arcanecoast.ru. And thanks for the interesting mod!
    Post edited by Austin87 on
    artificial_sunlight
  • SinaheribSinaherib Member Posts: 38
    Would love to this mod finished, but even now it is a great addition to the game and gives much more depth to Aerie (who is one of my favourite characters in BG2).
    megamike15
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I am working on an install and ran into a glitch when installing this mod. It installed, but gave me a couple of warnings and I'm not sure if these are benign or potentially problems.

The first warning happened in the main component.
    [Wings/Scripts/B2#A25n.baf] loaded, 703 bytes
    WARNING: cannot find block matching [Wings/Scripts/B2#A25o.baf]
    override/AERI25.bcs copied to Wings/backup/0/AERI25.bcs, 15735 bytes
    Copied [AERI25.bcs] to [override/AERI25.bcs]
    Extending game scripts ...
    [Wings/tra/english/B2#AERIE.TRA] has 716 translation strings

Second warning in the "restore missing banters" component. Slight modification of text so it doesn't break the messageboard formatting.
    Install Component [Restore missing banters?]?
    (I)nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [Restore missing banters?]
    Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
    [Wings/Dialogue/B2#MissBant.d] loaded, 735 bytes
    Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    [./override/BYOSHIM.DLG] loaded, 19376 bytes
    [BYOSHIM.DLG] loaded
    [./override/BAERIE.DLG] loaded, 119259 bytes
    [BAERIE.DLG] loaded
    WARNING: REPLACE specifies no WEIGHT for state 0 and DLG uses non-trivial weights. Using weight from DLG (19). [19]
    WARNING: REPLACE specifies no WEIGHT for state 44 and DLG uses non-trivial weights. Using weight from DLG (84). [98]
    WARNING: REPLACE specifies no WEIGHT for state 76 and DLG uses non-trivial weights. Using weight from DLG (85). [98]
    [BYOSHIM.DLG] saved 185 states, 271 trans, 24 strig, 16 ttrig, 51 actions
    override/BYOSHIM.dlg copied to Wings/backup/1/BYOSHIM.dlg, 19376 bytes
    [BAERIE.DLG] saved 1201 states, 1645 trans, 103 strig, 137 ttrig, 255 actions
    override/BAERIE.dlg copied to Wings/backup/1/BAERIE.dlg, 119259 bytes
    Extending game scripts ...
    [Wings/Scripts/B2#YOSHIMm.baf] loaded, 441 bytes
    [./override/YOSHIMO.BCS] loaded, 22790 bytes
    override/YOSHIMO.bcs copied to Wings/backup/1/YOSHIMO.bcs, 22790 bytes
    Extended script [YOSHIMO.bcs] with [Wings/Scripts/B2#YOSHIMm.baf]

Oddly enough, the mod install summary only cared about the base component and not the missing banter component warnings.

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Wings for BG2:EE

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Restore missing banters?

edited July 2020
    I couldn't replicate your second warning. That said I believe it still installs the necessary data and nothing will really break. That is why it doesn't say "Installed with Warnings"

The first warning is actually a bug. Intended behavior doesn't work. This doesn't break the game, but some content and behaviors of the mod aren't applied, so things are missing.

My correction isn't the most elegant, but it gets it installed correctly so you get the content that is supposed to be added from the one file, so attached is Wings Version 0.91C.
    edited July 2020
    Awesome. Thank you very much for the fix.
    Edit: This installed without any problems.
    Post edited by Caedwyr on
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I ran into a loop with the "no valid links or replies" showing up. It was the bantter where Aerie sighs and the PC has to drag out what she is worried about. The issue occurs at the part of the dialog where you either encourage her, remind her of what she did in the tent, or be a jerk. The next dialog produces the error.
    edited July 2020
    I'll take a look at this, do you know if it was a specific dialogue option that gave that, or all of them? Having the complete wording of one of the options would help me find it.
    Post edited by Skitia on
    I should have written it down, but it has happened twice, so maybe it will happen again. I usually "escape" out of it by sending the PC out of the area, so I believe the variable isn't getting updated.

The dialog in question had a response where the PC tells Aerie that she wasn't hesitant in the tent and did her best to defend people, but I don't remember the exact wording.
    For reference, the line described above is @30 in B2#Aerie.tra. The B2#Aerie.d file has the following code around this section of dialogue.
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1j
    SAY @25
    = @26
    = @27
    = @28
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @29 GOTO B2#AerW1l
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @30 GOTO B2#AerW1m
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @31 GOTO B2#AerW1k
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1k
    SAY @32
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B2#AerieFriend","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B2#AerieFriend","GLOBAL",3)
    SetGlobal("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1l
    SAY @33
    = @34
    IF ~~ THEN GOTO B2#AerW1n
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1m
    SAY @35
    IF ~~ THEN GOTO B2#AerW1n
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1n
    SAY @36
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",1)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("B2#AerieFriends","GLOBAL",3600)~ EXIT
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",4)
    SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("AerieRomance","GLOBAL",3600)~ EXIT
    END
    Yup, that's it - though choosing either of the first two options results in the message on the next line. My BG2 PC isn't a jerk, so she's never gone with the third one.
    My guess is @36 is the section is at fault. If the Romance Active is at 3 (Which it would likely be for a Female PC) it probably is causing issues.
    I'm not the person to ask questions of regarding dialogue structure and logic checks, but would the following code likely work?
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN B2#AerW1n
    SAY @36
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",1)
    IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",1)

IF ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",4)
    SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("AerieRomance","GLOBAL",3600)~ EXIT
    END
    edited July 2020
    I kept it at two branches, and just changed the Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0) to !Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1). There is no way it could be 2 from the reading of the file, so it captures both 0 and 3 and the weird person who modifies the number to something silly just because. Download link below.

https://github.com/Skitia/Wings/archive/master.zip

At some point I'll change error messages to point to https://skitias-stories.com/contact.php or this forum. Probably once I actually start development. I don't mind fixing bugs like this now though.
    Thank you very much. I knew someone smarter than me would be able to simplify my hack job.
    Skitia wrote: »
    My guess is @36 is the section is at fault. If the Romance Active is at 3 (Which it would likely be for a Female PC) it probably is causing issues.

In this case, yes, it's set to 3. The entire party is female.
    Ok, what variable do I need to set to get past this. It keeps cropping up, and if the party is far from a door, I haven't found a good way to get her to stop.
    Stop what? The issue from before? I would just download the new version in my link (The github link.)

If you're not keen on a redownload I would temporarily set the romance variable to 1 or 0.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.
    Skitia wrote: »
    Stop what? The issue from before? I would just download the new version in my link (The github link.)

If you're not keen on a redownload I would temporarily set the romance variable to 1 or 0.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.

My PC is female, so it's the friendship track. Aerie seems to be stuck on that same dialog sequence and goes into it repeatedly - usually a few game days after I find a way to get her to stop. As soon as I hit the "No valid replies or links" she waits about 2 seconds and repeats the whole thing. I'm guessing there is a variable that indicates where in her friendship track she is, but I haven't had a chance to pull a save to find it.

As for installing a new version, I hesitate to risk the install this late in the game. The party is just about to head out to Suldenesselar. I will definitely install it after this run, though.
    edited July 2020
    Use C:SetGlobal("B2#AerieW","LOCALS",3) while Aerie is clicked on, as the LOCALS is hers.