Skip to content

Wings Version 0.91b

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Skitia wrote: »
    The most recent link is:

Wings 0.91d

Compared to 0.91b it has more fixed bugs.

"Not Found" message when accessing that link. :(
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    edited August 2020
    The most recent link is:

Wings 0.91d

Compared to 0.91b it has more fixed bugs.

I had an uppercase and not lowercase a for archive, it should be good now. (As long as don't click your quoted answer, anyway!)
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Skitia, hello! In the first post there is a version with our Russian translation. Can you bring it back and add it to the latest version, please?
    Yes, I can do that when I have time!
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    A Main Quest for Aerie (I.E., like Jaheira/Anomen have), as Coutelier says on page 1. This will probably extend all the way into ToB though, and not quite stop at chapter 6 like the others do.
    -Minsc/Aerie Mini Quest is a maybe, because Coutelier never got back to me with the notes on that, but I'll probably still spin something.
    -A new area or two, if I am bold!

I'm afraid the Minsc thing never really got past just a vague concept to have a comic-relief mini quest involving the two of them.

Good luck with it though!

I finally got around to getting the Russian Translation up, sorry for the delay, I have been completely absorbed with my other project. I'll continue the tra @ style so future translations can be added.
  • maplejarmaplejar Member Posts: 23
    I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough of the whole saga and will probably install both this mod and Coutelier's other Aerie mod - "Aerie in BG:EE" that adds a cameo of her in Nashkel in BG1. I'm wondering if you have both installed, is there something here in the "Wings" mod that has her acknowledge that she's already met the PC in Nashkel?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    What crossmod compatibility is planned for OlvynSpells which gives the fly spell and All Things Mazzy which has a ToB quest to restore Aerie's wings?
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Delete this mod. I didn't give my consent to be changed. Your portrayal of me is fake.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    maplejar wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough of the whole saga and will probably install both this mod and Coutelier's other Aerie mod - "Aerie in BG:EE" that adds a cameo of her in Nashkel in BG1. I'm wondering if you have both installed, is there something here in the "Wings" mod that has her acknowledge that she's already met the PC in Nashkel?

no she does not. that bg 1 mod was just a small cameo.
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Skitia
    What crossmod compatibility is planned for OlvynSpells which gives the fly spell and All Things Mazzy which has a ToB quest to restore Aerie's wings?

I could add a conversation I guess if the fly spell was cast on her. But I didn’t know of this mod, and I’d have to download it first to see if it was worth something small like that.

For the second, I am not a fan of the idea of Aerie permanently regaining her wings, as it significantly takes away from her character development. So I’m undecided on what I would do, if anything. Aerie not having then is pretty central to the story.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    How fares progress on Wings?
    It is being worked on. I don't have an ETA at the moment. It's 2-3 weeks of work it needs to finish, it's just finding time to squeeze in the necessary daily hours to push that down to zero weeks.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited October 2021
    glad to hear wings is almost done. mabey i should put my current run on hold and wait for it.

i only just started so barly did anything and i ran into that journal issue with emily so i'd rather wait for that to be fixed before i continue anyways.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Super excited to hear about the De'Arnise project!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Glad to hear work on Wings is progressing; I can see your writing voice work really well for Aerie judging by your NPC mods.
    I am on track to finishing and releasing a version to test this weekend.

I was going to give it two weeks of testing, but with the Beamdog Outage there won't be enough time, so I'll just do one week, and I'll need to host the final product elsewhere. If anyone has a preference (SHS, Gibberlings 3, etc), let me know!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I am on track to finishing and releasing a version to test this weekend.

I was going to give it two weeks of testing, but with the Beamdog Outage there won't be enough time, so I'll just do one week, and I'll need to host the final product elsewhere. If anyone has a preference (SHS, Gibberlings 3, etc), let me know!

I'd say G3, with the current hosting it's less prone to go down for weeks. And there is much more trafić there than in SHS.
    I haven't gotten any response from G3 (I messaged CamDawg). I can try someone else.

I'm going to release it here late Sunday evening tomorrow, I have nothing left to do but it gives me time to include any quick last minute additions or edits to the test version, which I'll call version 0.99
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    You can still use your own GH for hosting and then post the announcements to the G3 mod announcements forum, it shouldn't pose a problem. The announcements are even RSS tied to both the Infinity Engine and the G3 discord.
    I guess I will do that, thanks!
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    And it seems version .99 is available! Can't wait to take a peak.
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I ran into the first encounter to start the quest wing taker, but nothing is happening. How can I trigger the next part of the quest?
    edited August 2023
    Quick general walkthrough with loose details so as to not spoil too much. (Mainly so I can refer to this post when I get asked this again. All in Spoilers, only read what you need to when you get stuck:
    • The Main Quest of Wings starts after Hendak is released and takes over the Inn. You don't have to do Hendak's quest, though the Main Quest won't progress much further until it's done.
    • After one day, as long as you are still in Athkatla and not the City Gates, on the next area transition you will be ambushed by slavers led by Laravyl.
    • After another day, as long as you are in Athkatla and not in the City gates, you will be greeted by a stranger named Trent. At this point, if you haven't finished Hendak's quest, you will have to in order to proceed. Once you do, you will have to find Trent in the City Gates inn to continue the main quest of Wings.
    • Trent will send you to speak to a merchant in the promenade. There are two ways to handle it: If your character is female, or the talker is a non-good female NPC (Except Jaheira, who is basically good) or any custom NPC (Except Recorder/Emily), you can pretend to be Laravyl. Otherwise you will have to do the merchant a favor, which sends you to the Bridge District inn.
    • Once you do the merchant a favor, or committed to pretending to be Laravyl, you have one hour to meet them in the Slums. This is not important for the normal route, but if you are pretending to be Laravyl, the time limit can matter as it can net you a potential advantage in the final fight. If you arrive too late, the merchant is dead and the object you needed gone. If you arrive on time but are not pretending to be Laravyl, the merchant is ambushed and the item taken. Otherwise, the merchant attempts to ambush you. You'll lose two reputation points but gain the needed item.
    • Return to Trent to begin the search for the second item in the Tombs, which is in AR0810. You have to find it within an hour. If you do not, it will be replaced with a fake gem by Laravyl which will crumble to reveal a letter when taken. Otherwise, you will find the real object you need. Once you leave the tomb you will be ambushed if you have the object or the now combined artifact. (You can only get the combined artifact by pretending to be Laravyl earlier and hurrying to the meeting point to get the other half of the item.)
    • When you return to Trent again, he will be taken. You will have one day to meet Laravyl at the slaver compound, else he will be killed.
    • After you go to the slave compound, the final battle commences. If you have the artifact, you can use it to potentially paralyze multiple attackers. If you failed to get both pieces, *they* have the artifact and can use it to paralyze multiple party members, so adjust accordingly if you meet disaster.
    • Once the battle is over, you can free Trent from the cells if he is still alive. If you talked to Raptair while visiting Umar Hills, he will also be here. Otherwise, you'll have an encounter where you meet Raptair again in chapter 6. You must talk to Raptair in the Umar Hills, and talk to him again after his disappearance trick, and then either meet him again in Chapter 6 or rescue him in the slavers den in order to trigger the ToB event.
    • If the last criteria is met, after getting out of Saradush, in the area you teleport into from your pocket plane, you can meet Raptair once again. This will later unfold into a final battle with Laravyl.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    edited August 2023
    I have discovered now that you, Skitia, have worked on this mod (?).

I don't understand if you've fleshed its content, or just bugfixed it.

I think a bit more attention could be obtained (and warranted) if you opened a new topic where it was made clear you've adopted (?) this mod - I would have never checked this thread, but I did because I have a close eye on your posts because I like reading what you write.

Edit: For anyone wondering, it seems that the most recent version of this mod is here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1143447/#Comment_1143447
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    I think a bit more attention could be obtained (and warranted) if you opened a new topic where it was made clear you've adopted (?) this mod - I would have never checked this thread, but I did because I have a close eye on your posts because I like reading what you write.

You mean https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/83120/wings-v1-05 ?

Yes, there is a new topic already dedicated for this mod.
    I have not been approached by Trent and it's been more than a day. I tried to spawn him but he doesn't talk. Is there a console prompt I can use to make him appear?
    Check if C:GetGlobal("X3WingsQuest","GLOBAL") returns 6. If it does, they already spawned (Set it back to 5 to retrigger). Else use ctrl + T IIRC to forward time manually.
    Okay, I set the variable to 6 and spawned Trent in manually, and the quest is working again.