Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

@booinyoureyes Sorry bro :O

:cry::scream::weary:
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Ah well at least it wasn't 5-0
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Salah was well offside in the build up to the third goal as well. Still, not much of a chance for us.

Salah is a top 3 player right now.
    FinneousPJGrond0JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Daniele De Rossi: "We have to hold on to what we did in the quarter-finals [against Barcelona]. That tells us it's not impossible and that we have a duty to try, for ourselves and, above all, the people who love Roma.

"Today was a case of our blackout and their great quality. It won't be easy, but we have to start from here. It's not impossible and we know that."
    FinneousPJ
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Not UCL, but still

A combined 19 Premier League titles and 13 FA Cups + 4 European Cups between those three.
    FinneousPJGrond0
    edited May 2018
    So yeah a real surprise final between Real Madrid and Liverpool. I don't think anyone expected this at the start of the season. Do you find Liverpool has a chance?
    JuliusBorisov
    Who is hyped for tomorrow? Normally I support RM but tomorrow I shall be rooting for Liverpool! What a comeback season for this historic team!
    JuliusBorisov
    Well, to tell the truth, I will be VERY surprised if Liverpool win this.

I understand Klopp is an excellent motivator and Liverpool play good on counter-attacks, but the quality of RM is too much. Just too much.

I wouldn't mind a big scoreline, like 5:3, or 4:2 :)

Yes, I'm hyped, but I guess the fact that as soon as the match ends all thoughts will be about the World Cup is one of the reasons :)
    FinneousPJGrond0StummvonBordwehr
    Oh no Mo Salah :(
    JuliusBorisov
    Well I'm not surprised by the result but still it sucks. Now we cab look forward to the WC.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2018
    You know, Bale is just a beast.

I remember his goal against Hart (England) on the Euro. Or his insane sprint and goal against Barca.

And now this. He's unique, and it's sad injuries don't let him play every match.

Overall, I think Real showed they are a better team. Even if Carius didn't concede that stupid first goal, it's difficult when the team relies too much on one player (Salah). I mean, Ronaldo didn't even perform in the final, but the quality of the RM squad is too big.

That said, I really hope Salah is ok for the World Cup. I was going to predict Egypt would qualify from the group A, and now it all depends on Salah.

And poor Carvajal.
    FinneousPJStummvonBordwehr
    Oh wow. An end of the era?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315700 (Zinedine Zidane steps down from Real Madrid)

Previous reports mentioned problems with Ronaldo and Bale contract situations.
    Interesting. Next season will definitely be new for RM.
    JuliusBorisov
    This is simply one of the most amazing seasons in the UCL ever.

Ronaldo's treble brought Juventus back from a 2-0 aggregate deficit against Atletico Madrid.
    Man Utd is the first team to go through after losing 0-2 in the first home match.
    Ajax won on the Real Madrid stadium to kick them out.
    FinneousPJStummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Indeed. Its epic clubs doing epic stuff - right Boo?

And btw @JuliusBorisov good call on the end of en era. We shall see how Zizou fares second time around. I predict epic spending in the upcoming transfermarket...
    JuliusBorisov
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2019
    Righteous Liverpool away game today. Mane is the LFC story for the last two LFC CL runs. VVD is Jesus, confirmed. What a header.
    JuliusBorisov
    In Finland they moved all the UCL games behind paywall so I haven't been watching :( I guess now that it's drawing to a close I will go to a sports bar and watch there.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    Naby Keita had an impressive first half against Porto today. A very positive pair of games for him, scoring a goal in each of the last two Liverpool matches (EPL and CL).
    JuliusBorisov
    Well, Liverpool was a clear favorite in that pair. ;) Tottenham's win is impressive.
    EnialusMeliamne
    Well, Liverpool was a clear favorite in that pair. ;) Tottenham's win is impressive.

Agreed. I’m hoping Spurs knock City off in that matchup. Last year, Liverpool knocked them out, maybe Tottenham does this year. Barcelona should handle United fairly easily, but that United team is clearly different now that Mourinho’s thumb isn’t holding the players down.

JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2019
    I’m a Liverpool fan, but more importantly, I’m a sports fan. If you’re a fan of sports, and happened to catch the second match in the Barca/Liverpool semifinal tie (at Anfield) today, you saw an amazing sports moment.

I’ll definitely never forget it.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    Yes, this was something to remember for years to come. This is just insane. Even if you're a Man Utd fan, this is something to have great respect for.
    EnialusMeliamne
    It keeps on giving, aye?

We have seen some memorable matches in the group stage, some upsets and drama with last minute goals:

Liverpool – PSG 3-2. A great game with a last minute winner.

Man City- Lyon 1-2. An upset against one off the best teams in Europe.

Hoffenheim – Lyon 3-3. A great game with a last minute goal for the tie.

Ajax – Benfica 1-0. Last minute goal for the win.

Borussia Dortmund – Atletico Madrid 4-0. Borussia humbling one of the best defences in the world.

Juventus - Man United 1-2. Great game overall.

Red Star Belgrade – Liverpool 2-0. Upsetting one of the best teams in Europe.

Real Madrid – CSKA 0-3. Another big upset.

Ajax – Bayern 3-3. Sick game with two red cards, and two goals in extra time.

Inter - PSV 1-1. Inter thought they were second in the group so they got confortable with the tie. But the Spurs made a comeback leaving Inter third.

In the knockout stage, we have seen some great matches as well, and very nice comebacks:

Manchester United eliminating in Paris after losing 0-2 at home.

Machester city destroying Schalke 7-0.

Juventus eliminating Atletico Madrid with a 3-0 victory at home on a Ronaldo hattrick, after losing 2-0 in Madrid.

FC Porto eliminating AS Roma in the 119th minute on a controversial penalty.

We have seen all time greats performing at the highest level:

The Lionel Messi show. He has been amazing this CL.

Cristiano Ronaldo putting Juventus on his back multiple times.

With Ajax we have an amazing underdog. A team with youngsters who play attacking ‘total football’. They have been humbling European giants at every turn:

Playing Bayern (4-4 on agg). Playing great in both legs, deserving more.

Playing Real Madrid (5-3 on agg). Playing great in the first leg, missing a lot of chances and losing after a late goal by Asensio. Then absolutely destroying Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

Playing Juventus (3-2 on agg). Playing great in both matches. Getting through with great football and even missing chances to make the difference bigger.

Then there have been three absolutely stunning classics:

Manchester City – Tottenham (4-4 on agg). 4 goals in 10 minutes, 7 goals in total. A shitload off drama with Llorentes possible hand ball goal and the VAR canceling a Man City winner for offside.This was a game which will always be remembered.

Liverpool – Barcelona (4-3 on agg). Liverpool absolutely demolishing Barcelona at Anfield after losing 3-0 in Spain. Anfield profided a magical atmosphere. And Origi’s second goal will be a goal which will bes een thousands off times in youtube compilations. What a match.

Ajax - Tottenham (3-3 on agg). After playing 135 minutes, Ajax was up 3-0. But in the last 45 minutes they completely fell apart. Tottenham made another insane comeback. Winning the game in the 96th minute on a Lucas Moura hattrick.

Source
    EnialusMeliamneStummvonBordwehr
    Love the result of the match, to say the least. I think it’s somewhat fitting that the lad who replaced Salah in the semi finals second leg potted one today, along with Salah’s game winner in the second minute. Love this group. Fitting win.
    JuliusBorisov
    Fully deserved to win the tournament this year. Congrats!
    EnialusMeliamne