Skip to content

Stuck behind a door B2EE (unseen eye quest).

Hi anyone!

My first post on this forum and yes I am afraid it is do to with a bug which have prevented me continuing the game BGEE2.

I am stuck behind the door which leads back to the sewers, the one where I have defeated the boss the unseen eye. I have done a bit of surfing and found out the door is supposed to unlock once the boss is killed using the power item (which I did) however the game looks like it didn’t recognise that and so I am trapped!

Part of my problem is that I am on IPAD which means no access to console commands and to make matters worse my last save (besides a flurry of quick saves made in ignorance after the boss fight) is roughly 6 hours of game time ago... I don’t fancy losing that much progress if I can help it.

If some kind soul can either console command my party to the other side of the door with the save i will probably have to send unless someone can tell me how to upload it here off an iPad (won’t let me upload it for some reason to here) I would really appreciate it. As I have no access to a computer as I am travelling.

Better still if someone explain what I have done wrong or how my save has got this way.

Anyways I thank for the help in advance, I am unsure the best method to receive the save back on iPad so open to having it emailed or posted back here if it works.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, if you managed to get your save off of the iPad and onto your computer, you would need to zip it in order to upload it to the forum. There is a guide to uploading a save file here.

Once you upload your save file to the forums I would be happy to look at it.
  • illegal_marbleillegal_marble Member Posts: 3
    Hey man I got a mate to zip it for me so hopefully this is ok? If you can’t fix it I heard ctrl-j works but this is just me glancing at other forums. Just want to able to progress :L
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I have fixed your save so that the door will open as soon as you load it. I can't quite figure out why the trigger for opening the door won't work, but you should be able to continue now. Enjoy the rest of your game!
  • illegal_marbleillegal_marble Member Posts: 3
    Yeah given it a go and it works perfectly thanks man you have saved me!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    This is not the first time I'm seeing this bug reported. Please make sure it's reported at support.baldursgate.com (with the save) - most likely a script or two decline to work sometimes.