Skip to content

Bring back skins of the orginal UI for all EE games

Maybe it is nostalgia but I would love to see UI in its original style. I'm not talking about the improvements, just the style/skin, fonts, colors. I mean gray stone for BG I, brown-like stone in BG II, wood for IWD. Just make it hi-res but bring back the original skin.
  1. Bring back skins of the orginal UI for all EE games68 votes
    1. YES
      61.76%
    2. NO
      22.06%
    3. I don't care.
      16.18%

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would totally support it.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I am fine with the current UI. They should just polish it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Functionality improvements > "nostalgia"
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Just make it optional. Everyone wins.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    They could bring back a functionally improved version of the original gray stone look. I would be all over that. They need to bring back the original cinematics as well.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    O_Bruce said:

I'm not talking about bringing back old UI with old functionality. I'm saying keep all functionality improvements but put that in good-old skin we all remember and like.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    And I'm saying I would rather want the UI to be further improved in area of functionality instead of re-skinning it for minority of people.
  • SirRedemptionSirRedemption Member Posts: 4
    I wouldn't say it's for minority, vanilla UI is just better from design POV and this updated game version should be enhanced edition not some modder's dream game edition. The new UI should be as close as possible to vanilla UI with improved functionality of course, but should be vanilla-like.
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    Sikorsky wrote: »

I'm not talking about bringing back old UI with old functionality. I'm saying keep all functionality improvements but put that in good-old skin we all remember and like.

we all remember it. We don't all necessarily like it...
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    They should add an option to activate it or not...
    I remember when the first version of BG EE came out, there was a mod to install the old school UI. But the modder didn't update it so I can't be used anymore now :(
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Oh this would be amazing! I've been dreaming of playing BG1 in its original UI skin with the technical improvements of the BG2 engine for over a decade...
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Make it optional?
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited June 2019
    Nothing wrong with the old skins, but nothing wrong with the new ones either. Making it an option would be best, but it’s hardly essential, and if it’s too much trouble it’s not worth doing at all.
    Post edited by Dharius on
  • KlingeKlinge Member Posts: 31
    The new skin of ToB Darksteel-Shield is ugly as hell...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    May be it is possible trough a mod.