Skip to content

Do you feel the UI utilized in the Android port is superior to the original ?

1. Do you feel the UI utilized in the Android port is superior to the original ?5 votes
    1. Yes !!! The layout is much more organized, hot bars are easier to access, and it results in a better playing experience .
      20.00%
    2. No !!! The original UI is time tested and familiar
      60.00%
    3. I didnt know there was a significant difference in the UI on Android and the other platforms
      20.00%

Comments

• mojoswager1980mojoswager1980 Member Posts: 9
    I'm generally concerned with fairness particularly in combat during crossplatform play. I would go so far as to suggest we petition Beamdoog for the android ui to be adopted in place of the original on all platforms. But I would never presume to think i speak for this community or act upon my own feelings without getting you guys input first. Please vote ! And if you feel i have/am overlooking any additional factors in this matter by all means please elaborate. I myself will obstain from this vote and will side with the community regardless of the outcome. in closing i woould also add i own both the steam digital deluxe version and the android version and it wasnt until i got the android version that this was the case aand realize many of you may not either. Thanks in advance !
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This thread hasn't been posted in the correct section. Fixed.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    No need to petition anything, backporting the UI stuff to PC was always discussed.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    How would a mobile UI be better on desktop?

I'd like to see stuff like quickcast menu on PC and improvements that are designed with mouse and keyboard in mind. And a visual redesign into something that isn't transparent boxes. More hotkeys since screens are now bigger than in 2002. And the compass can go and make room for combat mode buttons. =)

I hope the UI is still on the table for development. They would do a really good job with it no doubt.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    This is not a new or popular poll, but I'd like to give my two cents, because I have recently bought NWN:EE, first on Android, then on PC.
    The UI on Android is much better scaled, in its size and relation to the screen. The font size is better.

What's worse on Android are the sliding movements that you need to see the descriptions for the feats and attacks in the radial menu, and the virtual joystick/camera turning thing.

I like to play games on a tablet, because I do a lot of on-call duties, where I sometimes don't have much to do and hang around waiting for the phone to ring. The 10 inch tablet fits into my bag, my notebook doesn't, and it's much heavier.
    For BG:EE that was fine.

It was the handling of the radial menu and especially the camera turning that convinced me of the PC version for NWN:EE. However, the UI scaling and bigger font size are much superior on Android.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Arvia wrote: »
    However, the UI scaling and bigger font size are much superior on Android.
    Improved UI scaling and True Type Fonts will come to the other versions when the renderer and 64-bit rework is finished if I'm not mistaken.

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Arvia wrote: »
    However, the UI scaling and bigger font size are much superior on Android.
    Improved UI scaling and True Type Fonts will come to the other versions when the renderer and 64-bit rework is finished if I'm not mistaken.

That would be amazing. I love a portable version for reasons mentioned above, but the bigger screen does the game more justice. With magnifying glasses, for the moment ?