Skip to content

Berserker rage heals on rest?

I'm playing the BG1 (2.5.17.0) with a berseker, a class I don't normally use, and I've noticed that despite having used all of my healing spells/abilities, I am getting the healing spells cast on rest message all the time and charname is regaining far too many HPs from the night's sleep.

Is berserker rage bugged so you get the +15hp when resting without losing any hp when it wears off? I assume berserkers aren't supposed to have some amazing healing powers when resting.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    That is turned off. Other characters aren't healing beyond the expected hp gain for the type of room I'm rested in. And my berserker hasn't got CON20 (yet) so he's not regenerating.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Hmm...@Pingwin said all rages used and rest until healed turned off. So it still kicks in even if there aren't any uses left? Interesting, very interesting.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited June 2019
    @shabadoo: Well, no. Berserker Rage still needs to have uses in order for it to kick in, like any other "healing" spell. I'm pretty sure what @Pingwin meant by:
    Pingwin wrote: »
    ...despite having used all of my healing spells/abilities...

is that all of his conventional healing spells, like cure light wounds etc. were gone. The bug(?) is that Berserker Rage acts like a healing spell on rest, when it arguably shouldn't.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited June 2019
    I agree this is clearly a bug. Beamdog have made a number of changes in the way rage works and this was introduced as a result. I can't remember which version it originated in, but it was pretty early on.

Incidentally, the mechanic for barbarian rage has also been changed in relation to regaining HPs. That used to allow you to heal up by resting or travelling while rage had boosted constitution to 20+, but no longer does so.
    [Deleted User]RAM021
    Bubb wrote: »
    @shabadoo: Well, no. Berserker Rage still needs to have uses in order for it to kick in, like any other "healing" spell. I'm pretty sure what @Pingwin meant by:
    Pingwin wrote: »
    ...despite having used all of my healing spells/abilities...

is that all of his conventional healing spells, like cure light wounds etc. were gone. The bug(?) is that Berserker Rage acts like a healing spell on rest, when it arguably shouldn't.

Bubb is right, I'd used up my cure light wounds, Ajanstis's laying on hands etc.. Charname still had uses of his Rage.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I still play v1.3 and can confirm that in my version Rage does not heal on rest - you wake up partially healed and then promptly lose 15hp from the rage wearing off (this is in BG2 1.3, in BG1 1.3 you can't rest in the raged state).
    gorgonzola
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Okay then, I ASSumed @Pingwin was including rage in "all healing spells/abilities". Which would be silly since it isn't actually one. Does the game not differentiate between healing (regaining actual hp)and gaining temporary hp when resting?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Grond0 wrote: »
    I agree this is clearly a bug. Beamdog have made a number of changes in the way rage works and this was introduced as a result. I can't remember which version it originated in, but it was pretty early on.

Incidentally, the mechanic for barbarian rage has also been changed in relation to regaining HPs. That used to allow you to heal up by resting or travelling while rage had boosted constitution to 20+, but no longer does so.

This might be a consequence of fixing https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34598

Please file this bug on the bug tracker.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Report filed.
    JuliusBorisov
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    FYI, this was already reported: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34136
    Your report will likely get closed as a dupe.
    Grond0
    dunbar wrote: »
    I still play v1.3 and can confirm that in my version Rage does not heal on rest - you wake up partially healed and then promptly lose 15hp from the rage wearing off (this is in BG2 1.3, in BG1 1.3 you can't rest in the raged state).

It works correctly if you are in the raged state when you rest - you lose 15hp upon awakening so all good (not sure what happens if you are raging and have another use left of your rage ability.

It is when you have an unused rage and rest that it goes wrong and gifts you 15hp.