Skip to content

Safe locations to put loot in this game?

Is there a safe spot where I can toss my junk I'm hoarding that won't result in my stuff disappearing from the container ever?
Ravenslight

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    sersafir wrote: »
    Is there a safe spot where I can toss my junk I'm hoarding that won't result in my stuff disappearing from the container ever?

Items will disappear if left in piles on the ground, but items will never disappear if left in a container, except when a specific plot-related container loses a specific item.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • sersafirsersafir Member Posts: 126
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

Items will disappear if left in piles on the ground, but items will never disappear if left in a container, except when a specific plot-related container loses a specific item.

Good to know. Any recommended spots not far from a fast travel location and people wont accuse me of stealing when I pull something out?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Good to know. Any recommended spots not far from a fast travel location and people wont accuse me of stealing when I pull something out?

You could put your items in one of the crates or barrels outside. Generally only indoor containers will trigger theft alarms when opened.
    sersafir
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    I've used Joia's house in the past, after finishing her quest (at the Friendly Arm inn) and also the empty cabin near High Hedge, after I was able to open the locked chest there.

For quick and dirty loot in preparation for selling in-mass, I normally use one of the barrels near Landrin house in Beregost as a temporary storage (specially when I'm playing solo and want to sell as much stuff as I can in one go.)
    sersafirOrlonKronsteen
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Friendly Arms is where I stash my stuff. It's pretty close to everywhere. The chest by the entrance (near Dorn) is my usually cache spot.
    leeuxRavenslightsdsanft
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Initially I use one of the sacks outside Thunderhammer's smithy in Beregost and later, when I get to BG city, one of the barrels outside the Elfsong tavern.
    Ravenslight
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Am I a bad person for cheating in an endless Bag of Holding for myself because I'm an incorrigible packrat and pick up absolutely EVERYTHING on the ground?

Nope - it's a single player game. Play however you want and have fun! :)
    Ravenslight
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Friendly Arms is where I stash my stuff. It's pretty close to everywhere. The chest by the entrance (near Dorn) is my usually cache spot.
    Why not use the hole at the base of the tree where you find the ring of wizardry?
    It saves traipsing into the FAI and you can rest outside there anyway.
    ConjurerDragon
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Am I a bad person for cheating in an endless Bag of Holding for myself because I'm an incorrigible packrat and pick up absolutely EVERYTHING on the ground? <snip>

I almost always install the tweak that adds the containers to High Hedge, so If I play solo I only have to raise ~1000 gold and buy it... it is not too steep, but it requires quite a few trips after dealing with Hobgoblins and the like :)

If I play with a party I can delay that until BG city opens and get it from Sourcerous Sundries instead.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    If I've got an evil party with Kagain, then I'll use the back room of his shop to stash stuff.

Generally though I think anyone who needs to be stashing equipment needs to be a bit more ruthless about selling stuff they will never use, and using up potions and scrolls rather than hording them.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    For good parties, I usually use the big posh room upstairs at the back of the Jovial Juggler. As others have said, any item left in a container should stay there indefinitely so there are a multitude of safe places throughout the game.

From a RP perspective, it seems a bit weird to dump your spare gear in a random barrel on a street somewhere so I tend to use locations that make sense but it really doesn't matter.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Arviadunbar
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    dunbar wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Why not use the hole at the base of the tree where you find the ring of wizardry?
    It saves traipsing into the FAI and you can rest outside there anyway.

Well, to be honest I've thought of that, but it sometimes takes me too damned long to click on that pixel even using the tab function!
    leeuxlost1RAM021