Skip to content

[Mod] DnD 3.5 Rules in Bg:EE and Bg2:EE v 2.0

Comments

• LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    Do we know if this mod works for Mac yet?
  • theleasttheleast Member Posts: 1
    First of all, thanks for this mod - it's really helping me rediscover my love of BG2.

I have a problem: I can't uninstall Rest Once in 8 Hours.

I initially installed all options as advised, but after several hour of play decided that this particular change was interfering with my enjoyment of the game. I used setup-3ed.exe to uninstall it and it says "SUCCESSFULL REMOVED [Rest once in 8 hours] (component #13)", but when I try to rest it still says "You can only rest once per 8 hours".
  • HolicHolic Member Posts: 66
    theleast wrote: »
    First of all, thanks for this mod - it's really helping me rediscover my love of BG2.

I have a problem: I can't uninstall Rest Once in 8 Hours.

I initially installed all options as advised, but after several hour of play decided that this particular change was interfering with my enjoyment of the game. I used setup-3ed.exe to uninstall it and it says "SUCCESSFULL REMOVED [Rest once in 8 hours] (component #13)", but when I try to rest it still says "You can only rest once per 8 hours".

Try to wait for 8 hours, then rest, and it should not be reapplied again.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Component "creature regularization" seems to create lag and slowdown that eventually lead to CTD. I've tested in on BG1, BG2, EET, IWD EE - happens in all games. Removing that component fixes the lag completely.
    Worst lag happens in SoD (ctd every 10-15 min, especially undead lich tomb), city of Baldur's Gate. BG2 seems fairly playable (ctd every 35-60 min). IWD EE is relatively fine untill Kreselak tomb, then becomes unplayable.
    I think I know what causes it, will be sure in 5 min.
    272 is the culprit. I don't know if anybody else noticed this problem or it's local for me - just make sure component "creature regularization" is installed, CLUA yourself to SoD area with Dwarves & Lich and play for 2 minutes.
    Aasim wrote: »
    272 is the culprit. I don't know if anybody else noticed this problem or it's local for me - just make sure component "creature regularization" is installed, CLUA yourself to SoD area with Dwarves & Lich and play for 2 minutes.
    Hi @Aasim
    It sounds a bit strange. I personally have finished BG1, Sod, IWD and BP1, BP2 and about half of BG2 with the mod and never experienced any issues. Are you running the mod on clean installs, or are you using some other mods?
    I use SCS as well. But I doubt that would cause this - I'm making a clean install and will check it out.
    BG lags w/o any other mods present. I've only tested Lich Hideout area in SoD, but the lag is still present.
    Icewind Dale seems to go smooth w/o other mods being present.
    But both BG and IWD aren't playable for me if I don't improve AI and/or creatures.
    BG lags w/o any other mods present. I've only tested Lich Hideout area in SoD, but the lag is still present.
    Icewind Dale seems to go smooth w/o other mods being present.
    But both BG and IWD aren't playable for me if I don't improve AI and/or creatures.

Could you post a save for clean BG where it lags?

• romdawg88romdawg88 Member Posts: 1
    I've just downloaded and install this mod on Icewind Dale EE and I picked the combat prowess feat but can't figure out how to switch to using Dex instead of STR. The character is equipped with a long sword and I just can't figure it out.
    Hi @romdawg88
    It should happen automatically, just equip weapon, leave inventory and wait about 1 second.
  • LstrikerLstriker Member Posts: 1
    I only register in the forum to say thanks the best mod i ever try. keep working on this please. i have some isues on bg2ee playing on lan. the players on 10k exp dont get more exp. only the main character.
  • ArguszArgusz Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2019
    @Holic

Great looking mod.

In general, what other mods in this list will work well with it, and what should be the load order, overall and primarily in terms of the various tweak mods that work with IWD?

As I go through the readme's of each one, it seems most of the changes are already covered in your overhaul. Though I am sure there are some things that I might want if they aren't included. (I have replayed BG and BG2 EE multiple times in the past with those tweaks so I am familiar, IWD EE not as much, and the 3.5ed rules interest me.)

I'm just afraid to start installing until I know for sure I won't end up with errors.

Thanks!
    @Argusz Unfortunately I'm not sure if it will work with any other mods, since it changes quite a lot of staff. Probably item mods might work. They should be installed before DND 3.5
    @Lstriker It is idfficult to tell what is wrong. I have a vague idea that it might be related to the fact that I use Player1-6 in the scripts, instead of Player1-6Fill. Do you have some other bugs on your clients (like not properly regained abilities upon rest)
    Holic wrote: »
    @Argusz Unfortunately I'm not sure if it will work with any other mods, since it changes quite a lot of staff. Probably item mods might work. They should be installed before DND 3.5

Good to know.

Now when you say it will not work with other mods, does that mean even if I skip all of the components of say, the Tweaks Anthology, that would clearly not mesh with your mod and only install the 2ndry type components (like item stacks), that it would STILL not work?
    edited June 2019
    Heh, I'm excited!

Haven't played anything 3ed since the one time I played IWD2 back when it was released. I was going to start a replay of that, but then I saw this mod and decided, why not play through both IWD's with the 3.5 rules. Can't wait to get started.

Going to get IWD2:EE from GOG. I have the old discs but the version online there is labeled "Complete" and has no DRM and some nice goodies. Haven't even looked at the mods for it yet. Anything will be good.

Just want to make sure I can use some of the legacy tweaks alongside @Holic 's mod here.
    Argusz wrote: »
    Great looking mod.

In general, what other mods in will work well with it,

Tweaks like infinite potion stacks etc. work. Items should work. House rules, apr on spec, hardcore duals, all listed under "overhaul" you can forget about.
    Custom kits won't work; in fact you probably won't be able to install 3ed over them at all. If by some strange twist of fate you do manage to install kits, they likely won't show up in chargen screen. If you do manage to fix that, they won't get any 3ed stat bonuses.
    You can get around all that with some NearInfinity fiddling, but kits are rather interesting in 3ed mod as they are so there's no real need for more anyway.
    Quest/NPCs should work; but mod NPCs won't be included in NPC component.

Tweaks like infinite potion stacks etc. work. Items should work. House rules, apr on spec, hardcore duals, all listed under "overhaul" you can forget about.
    Custom kits won't work; in fact you probably won't be able to install 3ed over them at all. If by some strange twist of fate you do manage to install kits, they likely won't show up in chargen screen. If you do manage to fix that, they won't get any 3ed stat bonuses.
    You can get around all that with some NearInfinity fiddling, but kits are rather interesting in 3ed mod as they are so there's no real need for more anyway.
    Quest/NPCs should work; but mod NPCs won't be included in NPC component.

That is great. That is exactly how I have been preparing for any additional mods. Let me know if these should work:

So far I have added:

- "MinorNPCPortraitsforIWDEE"
    - "LavaIt's item pack for IWD:EE v2.0"
    - ONLY the Visual tweaks for Robes from "More Style for Mages"
    - ONLY the Marketh's Ring quest from "Unfinished Business for Icewind Dale"
    - and ONLY the Jiedra and Doluv Bonus Merchants from "HouseRules for IWDEE v1.1"

The final mod I have rdy to add before DND 3.5 is the "Tweaks Anthology" from Gibberlings Three. Huge mod, but the only component's I want are the following, and after adding these (hopefully with no errors), I will finish with DND 3.5.

-Weapon Animation Tweaks

-Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items ??

-Icon Improvements

-Force All Dialogue to Pause

-Unique Icons

-Unique Containers (Miloch)

-Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors

-Separate Resist Fire/Cold Portrait Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)

-Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items

-Gems and Potions Require Identification

-NPCs Cannot Pass Doors

-Wear Multiple Protection Items - No restrictions

-Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

-Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability

-Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

-Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel)

-Increase Ammo Stack Size

-Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks

-Increase Potion Stacking

-Invisible Cloak of Mirroring

-Sellable Items (icelus)

-Friendly Random Drops - Exchange with Merchants
    Argusz wrote: »
    -Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

Probably all should work fine, can't say for the one quoted above.
    Outstanding man, thanks.

I don't need that one anyway. Also, some of those others I might end up not adding as well.

Before proceeding, I think I'll go to bed and sleep on it, maybe give @Holic a chance to take a look at my list if possible and give a seal of approval. Maybe he'll see something we didn't.

Thanks again!

Can't wait!
    Everything seems to be working fine so far.
    Half elves getting +2 bonus for ANY ability at creation is a little crazy.

Could have a full party of 20 DEX fighters and archers running around the snow in IWD.
    I didn't say I didn't love it. :)
    edited July 2019
    Question.

Whenever I start a new game and go add gear and weapons, every one of my chars gets a Spell Failure icon on their portrait and in Char screen description.

Could this be related to the component of the Tweaks Anthology I enabled called, "Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items" ??

Edit. Just did some more testing. Seems if the armor has a spell casting failure % listed in the description, it displays the icon even if the character is not a spellcaster. (I was thinking that icon was the result of a random error - but it's clearly relating the correct icon based on the equipped gear).

Also just removed (and re-added) that component and the issue remains. (Got no errors at all throughout the Weidu process, btw)

2nd edit: OK, something's definitely wrong. My Fighter/Cleric (along with everyone wearing armor) has the Spell Failure status, and he is constantly having healing spells fail. Take the armor off and cast them, no problem.

So something's causing the Spell Failure % listed in the armor (and shield) descriptions to affect all characters spells, not just Arcane spellcasters.

3rd edit: Yes, the issue is pretty clear now. Armor and Shield spell failure is affecting Priest Spells. Icon is present in both places for all characters.

I removed all other mods except for DnD 3.5, started new game (IWD:EE) with a Cleric, went to Pomab's, bought Splint mail, equipped it, the icon appeared on portrait and in Char screen, then cast Heal Light Wounds repeatedly. Spell failure was kicking in about 25% of the time or so... (only tested for a few mins).

Is this intentional?

@Holic

btw, the only components I do NOT have installed from your mod are Point Buy System, Update NPCs, and Rest Once in 8 Hours.
    Post edited by Argusz on
    Anyone else using this mod can help confirm this?
    @Argusz
    Spell failure Icon should appear on all characters, but it affects only arcane spellcasting. Can you just get a clean version of the game, install only my mod, create new character and try again? Send me a save game/screenshot with character if the problem persists.
    edited July 2019
    Holic wrote: »
    @Argusz
    Spell failure Icon should appear on all characters, but it affects only arcane spellcasting. Can you just get a clean version of the game, install only my mod, create new character and try again? Send me a save game/screenshot with character if the problem persists.

@Holic Done. Sent to the email on the readme.