Skip to content

RP: Winter's Valley-Chapter 1

Comments

• ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    Nareth objects:

" Nay, M'Lord Colden! Let me carry this lad... ", he holsters his sword and takes the stretcher, his right hand still holds the shield, covering his torso and injured Jirt with Garta on the stretcher.

" We have got to make haste! Losing time here makes certainly no good to us! ", he moves forth, together with Kefto and wounded friends.
    SkatanlolienmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
    edited June 2019
    " Hold on, me son! We'll patch ya soon, but now we have got to leave this halls. You have shown your courage already... ", Nareth tries to calm down Jirt. The stretcher is quite heavy with two bodies and it is clear they won't make it far in such a tempo. The luggage serves as a pillow for Jirt and Garta.

" Oi, Lagrord! Give me yer hand. I thinks we can share the weight a bit, hold this side, don't ya? ", Nareth hopes they can distribute the stretcher's weight by carrying it together. He points on the second Kefto's side.

They ascend the stairs following Colden and mysterious nameless Gnome.
    SkatanlolienmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "Yes master Nareth, right away!"

*Lagrord does his best to carry his share of the weight*
    Uh, haha, strength check?
    ashafetovmashedtatersSkatanRik_Kirtaniya
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    “But... but... I’m fine, Captain Nareth!” protests Jirt. “I can walk, I really can!” However, his injury may be more serious than it at first looked, for he does nearly faint. Nareth pushes him into the stretcher.

“Blast this!” grumbles Garta stubbornly. “I’ll not share a stretcher with one such as him! Nay, let me walk! Lagrord, be a friend and allow me to lean on you shoulder for support as we climb the stairs.”

She doesn’t wait for permission and throws her weight on Lagrord, looking back at the stretcher with angry contempt as Jirt lays down on it.
    ThacoBelllolienSkatanRik_Kirtaniya
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    As you are looking around, getting your bearings, you hear a terrible, deep screech above the howling of the wind.

You look up and see what looks like a giant white lizard with wings. It has fierce blue eyes and a long tongue. It has suddenly appeared out of the sky’s veiling snow and swirling black dust to land on the skybridge.

The glass and broken wood crunches beneath its claws as it steps towards you. It has long sharp teeth that curl up into a dreadful, permanent grimace. Spines form an arc around its bent back as it stalks towards you, and it lets out another terrible cry.

What do you do?
    ashafetovThacoBelllolienRik_Kirtaniya
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *Lagrord pulls the slate out and jams it into the slot by the door*
    ashafetovSkatanRik_Kirtaniya
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Colden is in heaven. He tries to hide his emotions but massive spikes of adrenaline is coursing through him as he starts to walk around and inspect everything. He particularly looks at the books, ancient tomes of old. What hidden truths and facts are in them? He just have to read them all! He takes one of them and starts to flip the pages gently, taking care he doesn't hurt the book in any way.

"Check out the room, make sure to see if you find and take anything we need. Also, let's see if we can find another exit so we don't have to go out the same way we came and face that Drake outside. Winter is tough for Drakes as well and I fear it will lie in wait for us now that it got track of our scent.. (our flesh).. " The past part is said in a hushed voice, to himself.

Colden swipes a few books and put them into his backpack for later reading. He continues to search the entire room, opening all drawers, lifting everything and looking behind it, even checking behind paintings.
    lolienashafetovThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    Nareth draws his sword and covers friends running for the next hall. He was familiar with these nasty drakes as he has encountered them a while ago.

" Kefto! Stay guard and cover the wounded. I feels, we can take this one down. It is young and apparently wounded.. But keep ye limbs of it! ", the captain slowly moves back offering a small backup to Colden and the rest. He believed that if a fight can be avoided - it would rather be.

He barely manage to jump into a closing passage when Lagrord jams the passage. Giving a one short goodbye swing with his sword to the wounded drake outside. Pointless hit, he should admit, the captain did not even see the result. He holds his breath and tries to look around.

" M'Lord Colden! We look for a hidden door, aye? "
    SkatanmashedtatersThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    Nareth" wrote:

" M'Lord Colden! We look for a hidden door, aye? "

"Ay, Captain. Help me search for an alternative way out of here. If that fails, I guess we have no other option than to face the beast head on. "

ashafetovlolienThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    Nareth straightens his gear up and turns to Kefto:
    " Help me, me lad. Hold this stretchers, I am afraid we have to help Garta and Jirt walk downstairs somehow. I will hold Jirt, just lean on my shoulder, mate. Lagrord, are ya there me mate? Grab this armor fast and help me outta here, can you carry this woman?.. "
    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniyamashedtaters
    Colden pockets both the incredibly interesting book about commerce and the journal. The latter could provide more insights and next time they rest he will read the journal more in detail.

Colden breaths a sigh of relief when he hears Nareth calling for Laggie to help him carry the wounded. Of course being a sturdy dwarf he could have very easily carried all the baggage and the wounded, but he doesn't want to interfere with the younguns.. ahem. Also, he is carrying this big tome now, so he is taking his part of the weight. He carefully takes a quick glance at his clothing, making sure they look good and then rush after the others down the small stairs.
    ashafetovThacoBellRik_Kirtaniyamashedtaters
    ThacoBell wrote: »

I'm not 100% clear on the fate of the photo. If Colden did not take it, then Lagrord grabbed it.

Nope, Colden only took the journal and the book.

lolienRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBell