Skip to content

BGEE / SOD "Item Replacement" Fun Pack (v2.1 completed)

13»

Comments

• gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2018
    Just did some exp adjustment in game while playing BGEE. First off, exploit on Elminister, giving up to 100K+ EXP for killing him 4 times. I have nerf his EXP down to 260, the reason is that it is not him, rather it was his illusion that encounter with Gorion ward. Hence despite his death, you will see him again and again. You no longer have the need to kill him.

To compensate partly for this loss, I have buff some EXP on certain encounter/Quest:

1) Hurgan now give 15K EXP as a reward after you killed Tanari and save Ulgoth Beard. (Already in my mod)
    2) Sarevok henchmen XP in final battle have been buffed (Already in my mod)
    3) Pheonix Guard give 500 XP now and Daer'Ragh give 5000 XP. (Not an issue since both are not respawning creature). The encounter at Naskel will net you 14.5K, if you can survive the insane amount of Fireball.

edited April 2018
    Added a new Bag of Holding by Erdane (Durlag Tower NPC), this small bag of holding uses IWDEE Bam (To separate the BOH from SOD) and wont conflict with it since it uses BAG04 as storage instead of BAG31.

It has only 100 items capacity and only cost 1000 gp. (In contrast, SOD Belegram sell at 10K, with 2000 item capacity).

The small capacity BOH is implement to ensure game balancing. If not someone will bring over all the items from BGEE at one go, and then sell it at SOD to "refund" all the gold back.
    edited May 2018
    The new Nazramu stores has been slightly revamp and finalised (more or less)

Post edited by gattberserk on
    edited May 2018
    The effect of all the new items have been finalised. Crafting dialogue, option from Jegg are almost done (extremely tedious job). You can craft 3 new items with 4 option (for now) to choose from.

List of new items added in for V2.2 content:

BGEE:

Ring of Lockpicking (Removed from SOD) - Loot from Black Lily
    Ring of Danger Sense (Removed from SOD) - Loot from Meklin
    Small Shield of Rapidity (New) - Reward from Undead Knight Quest at Firewine Dungeon.

SOD:

Firetooth +3 (BG2EE) - Given to you by Thrix as a 4th option item after answering her riddles.
    Foebane +3 (BG2EE) - Loot from Idyletia in Avenus
    Skullcrusher +3 (BG2EE) - Loot from Ashatiel in DS Castle Assault
    Aeger's Hide +3 (BG2EE) - Sold by Nazramu
    Boots of Elvenkind (BG2EE) - Sold by Waizahb
    Ring of Anti-Venom (BG2EE) - Sold by Waizahb
    Rogue Warden +2 (New) - Sold by Nazramu

SOD Crafting:

Shield of Rapidity +1 (New Crafting) - Forged by Jegg

Fleshripper +3 (New Crafting) - Upgraded by Jegg*
    Rogue Warden +3 (New Crafting) - Upgraded by Jegg*

Dervish Crescent +3 - Upgraded by Jegg**
    Varscona +3 - Upgraded by Jegg**

Note: Bold denote newest additions.
    Note 2: * & ** denote crafting group, you can only forge 1 item from each group

Inventory Preview:

Dervish Cresent +3:

Firetooth +3:

Foebane +3:

Rouge Warden +2

Crafting material:

List of Modified Items (SOD):

Bow of the Banshee - +3 enchantment now
    Guardian Devil - 15% Crushing resistance instead of Missile
    Helm of Dumanthoin - +5% PDR now
    Star Strewn Boot - +10% MR now for any class except Wizard Slayer
    Tongue of Acid - Slow has no save now, but cannot bypass MR
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Hi @gattberserk
    Hope all is well. Is version 2.2 still in the works?
    Enjoyed version 2.1. The changes actually made the start of the game a bit harder (no easy 9.000 gp and ring of free action... damn). So I am hoping and wishing for a version 2.2 for the upcomimg patch
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Recently did a playthrough with this mod (and some others) Some things appeared to be missing or broken, like the option for Jegg to upgrade some items, or the banshee bow still only being +2 (unless I am missing something). There are also some additional ascii characters in the new or changed item descriptions. Other than that, I really enjoy both the concept and execution of this mod and hope it receives further improvement, as it makes playthroughs more enjoyable and interesting.

Mods I used for reference:

G3 tweaks anthology
    G3 portraits
    G3 IWD-ification
    Sentrizeal avatar replacements
    Thalantyr item upgrade for EE