Skip to content

Fade v4.0 with ToB released!

Comments

• aeternuscaligoaeternuscaligo Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    @jastey As I poked around this more, I discovered that Big Picture was outdated. Instead, I found EE-Mod-Setup to be the more up to date mod install utility. I ended up doing a brand new install with this mod utility instead, including the latest Fade which worked great.

Thanks again!
    Post edited by aeternuscaligo on
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hey all, great news I love this mod, good job! But I cant download it... :-( Spellhold Studios is down...several days now...
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    Weird bug report...... When both Fade and Ninde(mod) are in the group, Fade's rest love talks don't fire. I was stuck for about 30 minutes of saving, resting, moving to a new map etc... As soon as I kicked Ninde out, the LT fired.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The Fade mod was updated to version 5.2, including bugfixes and an improved scripting. EET compatibility was improved. Interjections at Watchers Keep now work for both SoA and ToB. Improved scripting prevents "empty" dialogue calls and/or missing of romance dialogues.

This is the official mod version. Someone is spreading the rumor that there are still "game breaking bugs" in this version, so if you know about bugs, let us know so we can fix them, instead of spreading rumors on other forums. Thank you.

Changes:

- Even more EET-friendly code by Jastey

-Fade should interject in Watcher's Keep in SoA, interjections at Watcher's Keep should not end the dialogues in ToB

-Slaver quest should not start if Fade is not romanced

-Change to HANDLE_AUDIO

-Replaced STATE_SLEEPING check for scripts with CD_STATE_NOTVALID

-Added InMyArea("E3Fade") to interjections in ToB

-Added See("E3Fade") !StateCheck("E3FADE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) to interjections in SoA

-Changing instances of "…" to "..." and "`" to "'" in fade.tra

-Adding map note text of E3AR0500.baf to fade-setup.tra

-First call of setup-fade.tra goes to "Fade/Tra/classic/english/setup-fade.tra" so doubled setup.tra in the "autotra" folder is not needed.

-Added InParty(Myself) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) to banter.

-Dialogues trigger more stable, no more skipped dialogues, no more "empty" start of romance music.

-Viconia's romance conflict dialogue should always trigger.

-Improved compatibility: Using COPY_TRANS after first INTERJECT into ARAN.dlg.
    CaszidyLavaDelVortelAedanFina92
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @jastey - thank you for taking care of those! :)<3
    CaszidyjasteyAedanFina92
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @jastey
    Have you added something that destroys the romances right after the game is loaded?

I'm testing a lot of NPC mods (compatibility + reviews) right now, and I noticed that if is Fade in party, she automatically set all mine XXXROMANCEACTIVE to 3. I can fix it in the editor, but once I load the game, she will do it again. It's not exactly funny...
    edited August 2019
    I can't check right now, I don't know what Fade does to mod romances. I guess her committed romance sets BioWare's and the BeamDog ones to "3". That would be if hers is committed, though.
    You can see what I changed in my post above. I did not add any romance kills.

Did you try to deinstall Fade, or kick her out of party? I'd be grateful if you could prove the mod to be the real culprit before ging around pointing fingers.
    It's more than common to see romance kills: many romance mods include script that set other romances (including mod romances) to 3 if the mod NPC romance is set to 2. It's mostly to prevent unrealistic situation when 5 NPCs romance one character and tell PC about their unique relationship. That is also to prevent bugs during encounters like Chapter 6 Bodhi kidnapping as many mods handle this differently. That's just an example, because they may be more places like that - in both mods and original game.
    That script is there for a reason.
    megamike15
    edited August 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    Did you try to deinstall Fade, or kick her out of party? I'd be grateful if you could prove the mod to be the real culprit before ging around pointing fingers.

Yes, if is Fade out of party, everything works normally.

@LavaDelVortel
    I'm more used to the "Pick me or her" dialog, then one-time changes in relationships.
    But a script that checks and destroy all your relationships every time you load a game, that's a little bit harcore.

Can I use the console command or editor to stop it happening?

I really want to finish this test run with 50+ mods without having to get rid of Fade.
    (It's really a valuable source of information regarding compatibility for my future project.)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think the script is just there as there are a few romances that start very early in the talks. so they saw no need for conflict banters.
    It's impossible to use normal conflicts (introduced in dialogue) here as it would mean tons of new crossmod talks and many of authors retired and are impossible to reach. And the script is there to prevent serious bugs when romancing many characters at once. If it's written the way I think it is, there is no way of skipping it, however I can't say that for 100% now as I am on my phone.
    When exactly do you experience this, what status is Fade:s romance, and what other romances are cocverned? I'm a bit clueless what you mean by "every time you load a game".
    I presume the check is for Fade Romance Active 2 and if any other is 0 or 1, they are set to 3. Also there is usually another script that checks if any other NPC romance is set to 2 and if it is, Fade's romance is set to 3.

I am not sure if you mean mod NPCs or original NPCs. Original ones are handled through the mod:
    IF
      InParty(Myself)
      Global("E3FADEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
      OR(2)
           Global("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
           SetGlobal("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

IF
      InParty(Myself)
      OR(2)
           Global("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

IF
      InParty(Myself)
      OR(2)
           Global("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            SetGlobal("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

Mod NPCs are handles by G3 Crossmod Banter Pack, I think.
    Edvin
    edited August 2019
    I am not sure if you mean mod NPCs or original NPCs. Original ones are handled through the mod:
    IF
      InParty(Myself)
      OR(2)
           Global("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
           SetGlobal("AERIEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

IF
      InParty(Myself)
      OR(2)
           Global("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

IF
      InParty(Myself)
      OR(2)
           Global("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",1)
           Global("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            SetGlobal("VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL",3)
    END

Yes, this is almost certainly the source of my problem!
    Can I override, delete or edit something to get rid of it?
    Post edited by Edvin on
    If you open Fade's script (I think it is E3Fade.BCS) with Near Infinity and delete the quoted script blocks. Then press the "compile" button and save the script. Best you export the script somewhere (not override folder) before for backup.
    If you then reset the variables in question in game, the game should work as you want it to.
    A warning, though: Bodhi abduction will happen for Fade, only, don't know how it will affect the other romances.
    I opened the file E3Fade.baf.
    I deleted a few lines.
    I reinstalled the mod.

Everything works like a charm B)
    Great! I wasn't aware reinstalling was an option. Glad it worked!
    (I like players who can help themselves!) o:)
    @jastey
    I don't want to brag, but I did it even before I read your recommended procedure :D
    I forgot to refresh the page.
    jastey
  • kyudoshakyudosha Member Posts: 10
    anyone could post link for Fade? I am having sql problem when click on download link here :o
    As soon as I enter Underdark, Fade "flirts" (speaking to her directly) are disabled.
    I tried to use the console and teleport to other areas and there flirt works.
    So it's just Underdark problem.

Is this normal?
    This is intentional, all Underdark areas are excluded from the player initiated flirts. (I agree that a short line à la "not here" would be helpful to identify it as not a bug, but it was not included by the mod author(s).)
    EdvinFina92Aedan
  • kyudoshakyudosha Member Posts: 10
    so I guess no one have alternative download link? cause I am havin problems with shsforums - some SQL problem that cannot connect to mod
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Hiya! Looking for a download link alternate to SHS (which is down). Anyone able to help?
    edited August 2019
    Temporary link as long as SHS is down, this is the current v5.4:
    https://jastey.baldurs-gate.de/Fade_v5-5.zip
    @kyudosha @amberCoffeeCat
    Post edited by jastey on
    GnollamberCoffeeCat
  • GnollGnoll Member Posts: 24
    Temporary link as long as SHS is down, this is the current v5.4:
    https://jastey.baldurs-gate.de/Fade_v5-4.zip
    @kyudosha @amberCoffeeCat

Thanks!
    edited August 2019
    I ran into a very annoying bug.

seap90g2dz28.png

As soon as I click on "NEXT" ("POKRAČUJ" in my language) the game immediately freezes and I'm forced to shut down the game using CTRL + ALT + DELETE.

If I'm not wrong, it should be "E3BABYTALK 8"
    Yes, there is a wrong symbol in the text. The EE is overly sensitive to those. And it is especially annoying since this was introduced by my updates. I don't know how this happened, I took care to open the utf-8 formatted text file with Notepad++, only, not to destroy the formatting.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. There are three options:
    -Replace the fade.tra in "Fade\tra\utf8\english" with this one and reinstall the mod
    -Deinstall the mod and install v5.5: https://jastey.baldurs-gate.de/Fade_v5-5.zip
    -Skip this dialogue in your current install by setting "C:SetGlobal("E3BABYTALK","GLOBAL",9)" before it triggers.
    Edvin
    @kyudosha @amberCoffeeCat @Gnoll
    I'm afraid you need to update if you are playing on EE:
    https://jastey.baldurs-gate.de/Fade_v5-5.zip
    Gnoll
    Yes, there is a wrong symbol in the text. The EE is overly sensitive to those. And it is especially annoying since this was introduced by my updates. I don't know how this happened, I took care to open the utf-8 formatted text file with Notepad++, only, not to destroy the formatting.

Everything works in the new version, but the weird symbol is still there.
    I don't know if that was the intention or you just missed it.
    Gnah. No, it was supposed to be a "ç" (in "façade").
    Thanks for the feedback, seems I have problems producing a real utf-8 without BOM formatted text.