Skip to content

Unable to get custom portraits showing ingame (Geting instructional popup ingame)

MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
With BG3 being announced, I've gotten that re-play itch and downloaded both BG games on Steam and dug out an old portrait pack I had laying around (which is supposed to be EE compatible)

After unpacking all of the portraits into the portraits folder, I am however not able to get them to be recognized by the game - I just get the "how to use custom portraits" prompt when I go to create a character. I'm probably doing something simple wrong, but I can't seem to figure out exactly what that is. Anyone have an idea? :smile:

https://imgur.com/a/BKzCnDU

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Mansen, looking at your folder structure, it appears that most of your filenames are greater thatn 8 characters. Try renaming the files so that they have xxxxxxL.bmp strucutre. I would only try with a couple initially, test it, then do the rest.

For my naming convention, I use a maximum of 7 characters including the L or M, and I use all lowercase except the L or M.

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2019
    Plenty of them are 8 characters though, so they should at least appear ingame.

Like FDWFI00L / FDWFI00M
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The "Custom Portraits" button does not work as it did in the original - that information popup is all it does.
    All detected custom portraits are automatically added to the end of the list of normal portraits.
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    Well there ya go. I definitely feel stupid now :D