Skip to content

Hey hey people, Sseth here

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAkRDvQEog

Peter Molyneux is the spiritual predecessor of Todd Howard.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i liked fable 1 more then 2. but i sill consider fable more a 7/10 series.
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    As always, Sseth produces hilarious content.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    megamike15 wrote: »

Are 2 and 3 bad games?
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage god no, Fable two was the best game in the series, it's honestly what 1 should've and then built from there. The only real thing I hated about two was the removal of the mana bar and making lesser spells.

Everything good that 1 did, 2 did much much better and I possibly spent 300-400 hours in fable one going random stuff. From creating singular play styles to playing the game as a skinny traveling merchant who is a normal guy with a sad past.

I did the same with two but it doubled up how I do that. Heck, I had one play through into where I did nothing but worked as a woodcutter who slept in the streets until he saved up enough money to buy my own house. From there continue working until I was able to buy a shop, and went from being a woodcutter to a shop owner. Which I got married, had a kid, and then eventually killed myself for the mundane life I lived despite wanting something greater and never avenging my sister.
    Three was eh, or barely actually improved on anything, it felt more like dlc of 2 than the next level in the game.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Are 2 and 3 bad games?

i found 2 boring. have not played 3 but hear it's considered the weakest.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    3's a grind fest with the worst time management mechanic. If you just follow the story you'll have a hard time.

The game play of the Fable series is very simplistic. It was a good time waster but there really wasn't anything brilliant about it.
    @deltago
    Ok, so just chalk this up to me playing 3 only once, beating it, and giving it back to the person I borrowed it from because the window PC version. I bought at the time had a freaking bug that wouldn't let me play past a. Certain point, but I don't really remember there being much of a grind. I mean all 3 hands a bit of a grind to them to level up skills and of the top of my head 1 and 2 both he exploits that let you build up a crap ton of general experience I don't remember if three did as well.

Honestly only thing I remember from 3 besides the most boring boss end game boss fight ever and the freaking fact it made no sense that the older brother just couldn't explain to the kingdom or at the very least that an ancient wanna be cosmic evil was coming to kill everything so they needed to go heavy taxes mood to build up defense and after the fact he will cut back on them, or just explain anything to anyone. He didn't explain anything to his brother which could have actually played in his favor.

Only thing from three I liked was the mixing and matching of the magic gloves which again I hated we had no mana bar or just individual spells themselves. I also hated how you had to unlock the gloves.

Fable killed itself by not being very modder friendly in the end I mean just imagine what a strong modding community would have and could have done with the game!

The games were such a experience
    https://youtu.be/ilZwOoHBZds

Well yeah, for seasoned rpg fans theres nothing really impressive about Fable. But those who weren't familiar with wrpgs really liked the game from what i can tell.
    edited August 2019