Skip to content

Happy 10th Birthday, Beamdog!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited July 2019 in News
Today is Beamdog's 10th Birthday!

Thank you to our friends, fans, and partners, but most of all to the amazing Beamdog team members (past and present). We couldn't have made it to 10 years without you!

To mark the occasion, our Marketing and PR Lead Sarah Dawson sat down with Beamdog Co-founder Cameron Tofer to discuss a decade of Beamdog!

https://www.beamdog.com/news/happy-10th-birthday-beamdog/

fhuoqhc034dh.jpg
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
Ludwig_IITarotRedhandBalquobleusteelStummvonBordwehrHurricanePrince_RaymondTressetMERLANCEMirandelTimbo0o0o0ZaghoulleeuxanastielronaldoGusindaOrlonKronsteenJFKs0ulafeinAerakarRik_KirtaniyaSkatankanisathamlneveseSilverstar[Deleted User]Sar_YehudahramiDerpCitylolienbob_vengthemazingnessAbelartificial_sunlightSed

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Congratulations on 10 years in business, @Beamdog! Strange, I don't see @TrentOster in the team photo. Where is he?
    JuliusBorisovSilverstar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Was busy with the console video recordings.
    Aedanlolien
    edited July 2019
    Ah, I see. And, why was the short guy wearing the sport cap with his head just above @LukeRideout's right shoulder standing in the back? Lol I'm 5'5" tall, so I can relate.
    JuliusBorisovleeuxlolien
    edited July 2019
    A funny thing occurred to me. @Beamdog was founded exactly 1 year after @BioWare released Patch 1.69 (it went live July 9, 2008), the last support patch for Neverwinter Nights Classic. Was this merely a coincidence, or was this move planned? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrSilverstar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Bravo, @Prince_Raymond! Well spotted! A coincidence, but what a fun one!
    Prince_Raymond
    Bravo, @Prince_Raymond! Well spotted! A coincidence, but what a fun one!

(Sings to the tune of Sail by Awolnation) "Blame it on my OCD, baby." See what I did there? :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2019
    @CamDawg Not only that, it has officially been over 11 years since BioWare released Patch 1.68, which added visible cloaks and Bug #37442. Let's see if the devs @Beamdog can fix both this bug, and the more recent Bug #40722 sometime this year. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Congratulations on 10 years in business, @Beamdog
    JuliusBorisovSilverstar
  • lost1lost1 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    Happy Birthday, Beamdog. May you have many, many more? ? ?.
    JuliusBorisovSilverstar
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Happy Birthday Beamdog, now lets get cracking on making sure the BG & NWN series is updated to work on Windows "The Lucky 13" Edition. :p
    Prince_Raymondlost1JuliusBorisov
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Happy birthday Beamdog! You're a cool bunch of people, here's hoping you're around for at least another 10.
    CamDawg wrote: »
    What better way to celebrate a 10-year anniversary than closing the Soultaker plot hole. C'mon you lazy devs!
    And maybe add the missing cut scenes for BG:EE.
    Prince_RaymondJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrleeux
    @CamDawg Wait a minute, I don't get it. Your profile states that you are a Member, Developer, yet you also hold the BG Moderator Badge. Would that not make you a Member, Developer, Moderator? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    Happy 10th birthday!

I've not always agreed with the changes you've done to the games in the past, but I'm certainly grateful and I'll always be, for the many good things you've done for the whole IE line of games! <3

Cheers for many more birthdays ahead! :beer: ( :cry: *sad that there's no beer/drink/cheers emoji*)
    SkatanStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    Nice! I didn't knew you could use Unicode emojis! :) I'm an old geezer, I don't use forums much :tongue: Now that I know, though >:)

@lolien I think that's enough for everyone! \o/
    JuliusBorisovlolienStaranmlnevese