Skip to content

Multiplayer Lobby Servers Down for BG:EE

2»

Comments

• AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    Use hamachi until they fix it so at least you guys can still play.
  • SalvanusSalvanus Member Posts: 43
    Working for me now! July 5, 12:30AM, New York!
  • SimulationCommanderSimulationCommander Member Posts: 2
    Working for me too!
  • KrefitKrefit Member Posts: 1
    Well..I don't know if will be the same problem, but I'm playing with KillianK and until saturday we were playing just fine.

I know there is the DNS problem, but maybe we are facing another bug?!

The game was in my computer and now even though she can connect when I create the session, when I click on start game her game crashes. BUT if we do the opposite, I connect in her session with the same save, we can play just fine.

How Can we fix this for her to connect my game as she did before?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    We're continuing to fix the situation. That's very unfortunate that for some regions it's still not working. Please be patient.

@Krefit That sounds like a different issue. The fact you can connect to your friend and it's crashing for you when you start the game as a host shows it's something to do with an Antivirus/UAC control over the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder in Documents.
  • SpabbSpabb Member Posts: 10
    Seems to be working! Thanks @JuliusBorisov , please pass along my personal appreciation to the team.
  • KillianKKillianK Member Posts: 4
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you very much!!
    It is working fine now!
    Thanks to this amazing team! I'm so in love with this game, you guys have no idea hahah
  • LionusLionus Member Posts: 4
    Servers are down again
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Lionus wrote: »
    Servers are down again

They are not.
    edited July 2019
    Lionus wrote: »
    Servers are down again

They are not.

Ok but we can't join games
    Post edited by Lionus on
    edited July 2019
    Our office developers haven't finished working on the MP issues, although what you mention seems to be a different problem (compared to what this thread is about) and it doesn't affect everyone.
    edited July 2019
    We have fixed the "Finding the network devices for this host..." issue, so MP games can be played again.

Our dev team has just created a list of instructions to make you able to connect to MP games if you are experiencing troubles.

Check it out.

The steps there should be enough for most people with connection issues to get going. Happy playing!
    edited July 2019
    Ok, can you fix the "Waiting for information from server" problem when attempting to join any game that most of us are having? We can see servers, it recognizes whether a password is correct, but it never lets us into any multiplayer lobby, it just says "Waiting for information from server" indefinitely.

Our party is level 5 so we have played together quite a bit without issue, why is it suddenly a problem now for the last 3 days? It's the same problem we were having on July 1st
    edited July 2019
    "Waiting for information from server" happened for some users in the past as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/2uycu9/cant_get_multiplayer_to_work_at_all_with_a_friend/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/6aa1kv/bg1ee_my_friend_and_i_cant_get_multiplayer_to_work/

@Lionus That is something that can be fixed using the guide linked above. This issue is happening for certain players but it doesn't happen for others.

More robust matchmaking and multiplayer is probably something for a future release, but this should help with the way it is today.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Turning off firewall didn't help, UPnP is already on, and it was working fine on Monday
  • rotfarmerrotfarmer Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    As far as I can say, servers still don't work. All we have is a message "Waiting for information from server" when we try to connect (true for BG1 and IWD).
    This issue has been solved more than a month ago. Please check out the linked tips about how to solve a connection problem if your device has one.