Skip to content

Fighter/Mage gets mage spells at fighter level

Similar to this IWD bug report, my BGEE fighter/mage just hit 8000 XP in each class, levelling to 4/3, and gained spells consistent with a 4th level mage despite only being level 3 in that class.

For mods, I only have UB and the tweak anthology installed. While the tweak anthology is set to alter spells to P&P, at level 3, it should make no difference. The fact that I got them when I levelled as a fighter also suggests that the mod has nothing to do with it. Does anyone have a clean install with debug mode enabled that they can test this on? I'd really rather not uninstall/reinstall the mods in mid-game just to test, as that's not a good idea in most games (not to mention it's a fairly long process). :neutral: Or should I just go ahead and file it properly on Redmine based on the unlikelihood that either mod is causing the issue?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Just rolled an Elf F/M on a clean install of v. 2.5.17.0 on a Mac, gave him 16000 XP, and leveled up. Spell slots are correct: Two level 1 and one level 2.
  • RobinHood70RobinHood70 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2019
    I just tried that as well and got the same result as you, so then I tried something a bit closer to a real game: I gave the F/M 15000 XP, then give him 16000 XP. When I did that, I got the unexpected spells again.

Oh, in the unlikely event that it makes a difference, I was using a Half-Elf, Neutral Good, Male in my testing.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I just tried that, both with and without leveling up between giving 15k and 16k. I still got the correct number of spell slots in both cases.
    Huh, weird. Must be something odd with one of the mods or a corrupt setup or something. I'll have to dig into it some more and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for confirming!
    And it seems I'm not the first to discover the issue. There's another report here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29493-help-identifying-fightermage-problem/