Skip to content

next patch schedule?

13»

Comments

• JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    To be honest, it seems to me that Beamdog is putting far more, FAR more, development resources into NWN:EE than any of their other EE projects, perhaps simply due to the nature of NWN. They appear to be making fundamental changes to NWN, many of which are necessary to further development. If they'd followed previous EE SOGs, I think they'd have done and be doing far less. Just my opinion based on ongoing and not-at-all-secret changes forthcoming (new renderer?!!, I mean, that's no small thing at all).

-JFK

And Happy Easter!
    Prince_Raymond
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Seems more like they are saving money by contracting things out to talented modders, saves on full-time salary and benefits.
    Prince_Raymond
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Just making sure, this game is still on the old patch, right? (NWN:EE is currently uninstalled for me, so I won't know when it goes up).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes.
    Yes.

Will we be getting an ETA soon? I've been waiting for TTFs since last Summer.
    TarotRedhand
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Yes.

Will we be getting an ETA soon? I've been waiting for TTFs since last Summer.

Didn't we get one already though? (Dec 6, 2019)
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @DFDark Can you tell me where you got your time machine? Or did you mean Dec 6 2018 and not Dec 6 2019? :) (I do hope so otherwise it means the rest of us have still got months to wait...)

TR
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    @DFDark Can you tell me where you got your time machine? Or did you mean Dec 6 2018 and not Dec 6 2019? :) (I do hope so otherwise it means the rest of us have still got months to wait...)

TR

Simple, "Dec 6 2019" is declared by BD as date when console version for NWN goes out. Since It has been already asked, console version will contain gr. overhaul. So I'm answering with date it can happen I know of. If it comes out sooner even better, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I have to admit it would be somewhat funny if it took 13 months in total to get a patch out.
    I have to admit it would be somewhat funny if it took 13 months in total to get a patch out.

If it takes until December, that'll be much longer than 13 months since we've been expecting certain changes to come through. Like I said above, I've been waiting about a year now.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It would be 13 months since the November 2018 patch. Though if it's about waiting on specific features then people have been waiting on some things since November 2017.

Also thank you @JuliusBorisov it would be nice to have a ballpark guess when to expect the patch.
    themazingness
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I keep asking about the patch internally. Will share the news when I have it.

Thank you for all your help.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Keyvin_OldKeyvin_Old Member Posts: 5
    Hope Julius is busy play testing and writing patch logs. Either that or having a good vacation before coming back to furiously play test and write patch logs.
    BelgarathMTHleeuxJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Keyvin_Old wrote: »
    Hope Julius is busy play testing and writing patch logs. Either that or having a good vacation before coming back to furiously play test and write patch logs.

I think he takes a month out of every year to completely disconnect, so it'll probably be some weeks before we hear from him again. He's always sorely missed this time of year. :)
    leeuxJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2019
    The last official patch was, far as I can tell, 1.78 and that was in November 2018. It's now August 2019... We are fast approaching a full year with no patch :o
    DerpCityjpsweeney94
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited August 2019
    Hopefully one will come soon.
    Post edited by BelleSorciere on
    DerpCityricoyungPrince_Raymondjpsweeney94
    edited August 2019
    Is it that we're not going to see one until the console port but they didn't want to actually say that so people didn't feel slighted about it for a year? And obviously they had to cancel the stream at the same time because how could you have dozens of those for a year with no further updates coming soon. My god, that would've been brutally awkward for everyone concerned while already coping with the -4 Charisma hit without Phil.

Hopefully at least that allowed a lot more time to build up new assets for the new render engine.

Cut to one guy sweating over ZBrush. "It's coming! It's coming!"
    This is the best way to have a question answered, isn't it?

Nice work and welcome back.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Big news, everyone!

Development Build 8188 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam and (very soon) from the Beamdog Client!

It contains over 50 fixes and features (including achievements!) as we continue to work on the new graphics rendering engine.

Check out the full patch list!
    So, does this make nwn a 64 bit game now?
    Prince_Raymond
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Staran wrote: »
    First feature of the patch notes is that the binaries are 64bit - Is that ambiguous somehow?
    ricoyung
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Staran wrote: »
    First feature of the patch notes is that the binaries are 64bit - Is that ambiguous somehow?
    Yes. Which is why I was asking.

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Yes, NWN EE is now a 64-bit game, at least in the dev branch and eventually going fully live.
    ricoyungdunahan
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    The patch is looking pretty good so far. That keyholing looks very odd to me though, and I do not like it. I'm glad you added to option to disable it through the advanced debug gui. Thanks for the update - can't wait to see what's coming next!
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Is there an eta when development build 8188 will reach the stable branch on Steam?
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    I'm wondering that also, on a side note does this mean 8187 is now the stable build?