Skip to content

If Beamdog would make a new D&D game, where should it be set?

2»

Comments

• PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited July 2019
    Greyhawk, because South park predicted it...

giphy.gif
    tbone1
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2019
    I would love to see a game set in Waterdeep. You see so many references to it that I want to play a game there. Either that, or the deep forests of Tethyr, even if we have already been there. I love forest wilderness areas, and haven't come close to getting enough of that.

Also please do NOT call it Baldur's Gate. Technically speaking BG2 shouldn't have been called that, as you never go near the city.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Maurvir Please Not Waterdeep. It seems that every single adventure WotC puts out recently either takes place there or references it. I am SICK of Waterdeep. I bet the new BG game is going to take you there at some point.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    (Just my own opinion, not aware of any plans in this regard)

I'd like to see something set in Mulhorand. Something with strong Ancient Egypt vibes. That would be pretty cool I think.
    ThacoBellEnialusMeliamnekanisatha
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    elminster wrote: »
    I'd like to see something set in Mulhorand. Something with strong Ancient Egypt vibes. That would be pretty cool I think.

Did you ever play "Ravenloft: The Stone Prophet" by SSI? It's a D&D game set in the land of Har'Akir in Ravenloft, and it has Ancient Egyptian vibes everywhere you look. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2019
    Zaxares wrote: »
    elminster wrote: »

Did you ever play "Ravenloft: The Stone Prophet" by SSI? It's a D&D game set in the land of Har'Akir in Ravenloft, and it has Ancient Egyptian vibes everywhere you look. :)

Alas the only 1995 games I ever remember playing are Hover!, Full Tilt! Pinball, Descent, and Command and Conquer. My younger self was too busy vanquishing the foes of Hugo's House of Horrors and Hugo's Jungle of Doom! to really get into any of the SSI games.
    Ardul
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Ah. Well, it's still worth a look if you want to grab it from GoG sometime (all the SSI games are), in my opinion. :) The combat system will probably feel a bit clunky by modern standards, but the artwork and atmosphere is still solid. (I prefer the first game, Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession, in terms of a proper Ravenloft atmosphere though.)
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    At this point, I would just like to see another new D&D game on my tablet. I find I spend less and less time on my desktop computer, so a new IE game I can carry with me would be awesome. Not sure that will happen after SoD, but I can always dream, can't I?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Start off with Keep on the Borderlands & Secret of Bone Hill and continue on from there!
    Can't start at KotB you'd have to run Temple of Elemental Evil first.
    CrevsDaak
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I have a big soft spot for Cormyr and the Dalelands.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Spelljammer please!

Or Cormyr in the FR
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited August 2019
    I like the Nentir Vale/Dawn War setting featured in 4th Edition Core materials, and mentioned in the 5th Edition <I>Dungeon Master's Guide</I>'s pantheon sections.

or Mystara plzkthx
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    As a fogy, I voted Greyhawk, but part of me would like to see Terry Pratchett's Discworld as a setting.

ZaghoulBalrog99
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    One... more... time... Llankhmar! City of thieves? Fafhrd and The Grey Mouser? C'mon people! Or the predeluvian earth setting from Palladium role system.
    Zaghoul
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe!
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Forgotten Realms not one but couple campaigns for multi cooperation like IWD
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I picked Ebberon because as far I understand it it's kinda sci-fi ish? Otherwise I'd love to see a full blown Sci-Fi RPG like in Farscape setting with large wierd and wonderful galaxy with tech and magic potential.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I've got it. The perfect setting... Detroit!
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Ravenloft or dragonlance should get some love
    Zaghoul