Skip to content

Soundsets and portraits available for all games

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
Would it be possible for Beamdog to make all of the character soundsets and portraits from the various Infinity Engine games available in all of the games in the series? For example, could they provide BG players with the IWD soundsets and portraits (and vice versa) ?

I know they are all available as downloads but I think it would be a nice feature if they were automatically included for people who have bought both games.
sarevok57

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that would be pretty neat actually
    Permidion_Stark
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited July 2019
    I would like to see it because I have run into all kinds of problems trying to get custom portraits to work in BG2. For some reason I can't get them to show up at character creation but if I import a character from a saved game of BG1 the portrait comes with them.

I also think it would be a good idea for 'portraits' and 'sounds' files to be created when you initially download the game so there is no confusion about where to make them. And finally I would love to see the Beamdog forums hosting a custom portrait generator along the lines of this site: http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    now adays custom portraits work a bit differently

instead of manually picking them from the "custom" button they will just be in the list of default portraits to choose from ( if you start clicking to the left at character creation as soon as portraits come up, you will start going into your custom ones )

although with that said, sometimes the "smaller" versions dont work for some of my portraits and other ones it does, which is indeed a head scratcher
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    although with that said, sometimes the "smaller" versions dont work for some of my portraits and other ones it does, which is indeed a head scratcher

In BG1 and SoD all of my custom portraits work fine; in BG2 the only way I can use custom portraits is to import a character from BG1 who then somehow brings their portrait with them.

I dare say I am doing something wrong but it would be nice if Beamdog could find a way to make the whole process idiot-proof.

sarevok57