Skip to content

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Can I borrow your brain, arm, and hand for a day or two?

They are quite lovely. It's like artistry is genetic to Koreans :)
  • hanhwisoohanhwisoo Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2019
    Can I borrow your brain, arm, and hand for a day or two?

They are quite lovely. It's like artistry is genetic to Koreans :)

This is not my work. cartoonist '임복대' painted it. (His job is a cartoonist.) He has loved baldur's gate for a long time.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited August 2019
    Beautiful.

A pity so many Western indie studios still neglect the importance of artistic design and focus purely on mechanics and walls of bland text. Code, art and writing all done by programmers, sigh... Obsidian, InXile, Harebrained, I'm looking at you.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    The art in Deadfire looked pretty good, though.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Ardanis wrote: »
    A pity so many Western indie studios still neglect the importance of artistic design and focus purely on mechanics and walls of bland text.

Yes, those stupid westerners, focusing on the game part of videogames instead of reducing every character to a stupid cutesy underage girl. Then sexualizing her. That's how you make videogames!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Not sure how all that is related to a fan-art. This fan-art is beautiful. However, it has nothing to do with game development.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ardanis wrote: »
    A pity so many Western indie studios still neglect the importance of artistic design and focus purely on mechanics and walls of bland text.

Yes, those stupid westerners, focusing on the game part of videogames instead of reducing every character to a stupid cutesy underage girl. Then sexualizing her. That's how you make videogames!

To be fair, a lot of anime art makes charcters look younger because of the style. I wouldn't assume the depictions here are underage. Only one rellaly looks sexualized to me anyway. Though the implied context of that one photo may be problematic.