Skip to content

NWN:EE on Google Play feedback thread 2

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Now when there's a new patch released, we're opening the second feedback thread.

First thread.

We've made a note for additional fixes (like scaling the map pins) to be done in the next update. That update will need more work as Google is moving to 64bit on Aug. 1 for all apps, so it won't be coming right away (NWN:EE 64bit is in progress).
lolien

Comments

• Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    Great patch. I did not have time for longer play session yet (just updated this morning), but what I saw is great and definitely improves the gameplay on Android significantly.
    I was a bit afraid the game took second place to your console ports and that any patch would come only in distant future with 64 bit support.

I am in no position to play games on PC anymore (time/space constraints), so Beamdog's Android ports of classic D&D games are really important for me. I bought what I could as far as your Android ports are concerned (games, IAPs).

am glad to see I was mistaken about the Beamdog's dedication, the amount of fixes/GUI changes shows that Beamdog cares about the game. So thank you for your work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • llTalionllllTalionll Member Posts: 5
    Honestly not enjoying playing with the new ui because it doesn't have the chatlog/combat log and the menu buttons avalable at the same time. Is there any way to get the menu buttons back where they used to be on the side of the screen?
    From my perspective the movement of the buttons and the possibility to get rid of the chat log is one of the best changes - I had stumbled on (for me) useless chat line far too many times before. The new GUI is clearly superior (I spent yesterday 2 hours playing single player on phone).
    But I guess multiplayer people can see it differently.

The only nuisanse I noticed was perhaps a bit too high sensitivity of toolbar. I had there "turn undead" and had to be careful to press it just shortly otherwise it generated 2 usages after each other. The same for potions. Managable, but I guess it would make sense not to have autorepeat there (or with bigger delay)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    In general I really like the changes, names on the radial menu is awsome. I also agree that the option to hide chatlog is a good change, however my specific problem is that if I choose to play with the chatlog visable it hides the menu buttons and it doubles the ammount of touching I have to do for things like opening my inventory. It also moved those menu buttons away from where my thumb rests. To me it feels like a downgrade to play dispite the improvements to the other ui aspects.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • LadydarkkittenLadydarkkitten Member Posts: 4
    Also not enjoying the new button location, not to mention I can no longer access the chat log box where you usually input the console codes and I can't get them to work in the talk box that now has it's own button. I've beat this game a number of times and sometimes you just want to play in story mode ya know?
    lolien
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    The console codes work in the talk box if you use the ## prefix like before.

There's a button far left to toggle the chat log, too.
    LadydarkkittenJuliusBorisov
  • LadydarkkittenLadydarkkitten Member Posts: 4
    That was helpful thank you... now if I could just get the hak files working...
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    edited August 2019
    If you put haks in the folder Android > Data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user > hak, they work in the usual way.

Downloading to a PC, then using Windows Explorer to move the files to a connected Android device, is probably the easiest method, but you can download direct to Android from the Vault if you install a tool like RAR to handle the archive unpacking.

EDIT - having seen your question in the Technical Support thread, you probably know the above, but have a specific problem with head haks.
    Post edited by Proleric on
    JuliusBorisovdunahan
    5 months later and I see the bad changes to the ui are still there. Having to constantly switch the chat log on and off was just frustrating enough to make me quit playing the game entirely before. Are there any plans to put the ui back the way it was before or let us toggle the old ui?
  • ThanerThaner Member Posts: 2
    To be honest, the android version seems to have been just a quick cash grab, it has been like a month since the pc version was updated and theres still no signs of an android update, right now if you go online in the android version you see only like 1 or 2 servers with 2-3 ppl and thats pretty much it....

Seems we got the short end of the stick and after the quick cash grab from console versions they will most likely follow the same fate.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Thaner wrote: »
    To be honest, the android version seems to have been just a quick cash grab, it has been like a month since the pc version was updated and theres still no signs of an android update, right now if you go online in the android version you see only like 1 or 2 servers with 2-3 ppl and thats pretty much it....

Seems we got the short end of the stick and after the quick cash grab from console versions they will most likely follow the same fate.

Sounds like a long cash grab. They sell it on android for 6$ On sale.When I originally bought nwn when it originally came out it was over 100 dollars.
    I don’t think they are making money off of nwn as they expected to. They released it waaaay too early.
    Originally they said they wouldn’t release the game until it was worthy to release it. And two weeks later they said they would release it. There were no patches between the original statements and the announcement that they were going to release it. And the initial reviews said “um what’s the point of this”

All Beamdog patch cycles are comically long.
    Once per year kinda thing.

• SirLautrecSirLautrec Member Posts: 2
    I'd really just like an update on mobile to play on my servers again..
    themazingness
  • ThanerThaner Member Posts: 2
    Well, thats precisely the point, most likely going to take a long time.... If ever, they already got their money from the android version.... Now moving onto the consoles, which will probably be left outdated as well after a couple months....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're working on the update to the Android version but don't have an ETA for that.
    dunahan
  • ArdxDArdxD Member Posts: 6
    Will the old mobile GUI be reintroduced in the next update though, @JuliusBorisov ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The current mobile GUI is created based on the community feedback, so "reintroducing it" is not an option. There are options for improvements of the current UI, of course.
    dunahan
    edited January 2020
    In the next version of the ui please give us back the ability to see the chatlog and menu buttons at the same time. Also the option to put those menu buttons back on the side of the screen where my thumb can reach them without taking my hand off its natural resting spot.
    JuliusBorisovProlericdunahan
  • DuckOfNormandyDuckOfNormandy Member Posts: 12
    I wish to know, even without an actual ETA, if the adroid version will be updated to the actual 1.80 or to the previous 1.79
    Yes, it will be updated, but at the moment the focus is on releasing the iOS version first.
  • AntonZAntonZ Member Posts: 6
    Hi Julius

Any chance camera pitch/tilt controls are added? Maybe just as arrow buttons onscreen. I really feel the need to tilt up a bit when in 3rd person, field of view is too limited.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DuckOfNormandyDuckOfNormandy Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    I have installed the actual beta version on my android tablet. All works great, i pushed the graphics at its maximum enablng all options and the game works with great fluidity. The only thing is the "enable shiny water" advanced graphics option, that completely kills the graphics fluidity, but i simply disabled that option
    JuliusBorisov
    I installed today the new update on my Pocophone F1 and Matepad Pro (with added Google services), everything looks okay. The Beamdog is usually slow and secretive with updates (refusing to give ETA), but in the end they usually deliver. :-) So thanks for that. And also for the Tyrants premium module.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Herr_OllofHerr_Ollof Member Posts: 2
    Is there still a beta version available? It's just that only the old version is displayed in google play
    There is now Beamdog post on web and facebook, so I guess this is officially released now. Just one issue if somebody has some old 32-bit only device:
    32-bit support will no longer be available for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Android.
    Though seeing almost everything has been 64-bit in recent years, this is probably not a real problem.
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.