Skip to content

Deck of Many things - Star draw for Imoen

How come Imoen gets a Dex increase rather than an Int increase on a Star draw? Unmodded game so she was at Thief 7 / Mage 20

Comments

• RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    Wondering if there is something up with Dual class characters. Just tried Anomen and he got +1 str rather than Wis
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I think it's because it uses their original class instead of their current class for determining the prime stat for the Star card, yeah. Kinda silly, but there you have it. You could always edit your save game with EE Keeper and swap around the stat bonus though!
    Weird. I tried Jaheria and she got +1 Str
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153

Rats, my recollection is not as good as I had hoped then

Not sure my the error is in the Dual class bit (maybe active class, not original class?) or in the "spellcasting favoured" bit

Can anyone else help us out?

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325

Multiclass characters might work different to dual-class characters. The key test would be to try using Aerie for the Star card; I believe that, in EE at least, she's a Cleric/Mage, so if multiclass characters use their first class to determine the stat boost she should get Wisdom.

edited August 2019
    That would make sense, as when Jaheria got Str +1 I had a F/M in position one. Just wish Imoen could get Int +1
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Ridcully wrote: »
    Just wish Imoen could get Int +1
    Eh, not a big deal. Everything you need Int for, aside from minimum class requirements, can be handled with temporary Int. Just drink potions of genius/mind focusing for your spell scribing, and you're good. Another point of Dex for Imoen, in contrast, boosts all of her thief skills by 5 and gets her +1 to hit when attacking with ranged weapons.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Yep the way INT is implemented a mage with a only average value is as good as a 18 INT one. Just a less user friendly as jou have to plan the use if the potions of genius, learning with each potion many spells at once, usually when a fundamental spell scroll is found.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Drinking multiple potions of genius might be kinda fun!

a3yy5ko6twn6.jpg
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Drinking multiple potions of genius might be kinda fun!
    They stack, after all!