Skip to content

Some EE Keeper "Effects" Questions.

00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
edited August 2017 in General Modding
I have been teaching myself a few things mostly successfully however there are a few questions I have if anyone has the answer which I seem to be stuck on. I am trying to do these things with effects/save editing solely and not creating modded items for ease of use.

Question One:
Colour: Change by RGB [8]

its asking for,
The 'RGB Colour' field is handled as follows:
Second byte = Red (0-255)
Third byte = Green (0-255)
Fourth byte = Blue (0-255)

Issue is I cant seem to figure out what values its asking for. Simply inputting RPG values eg: "108236108" for a R108 G236 B108 dosnt work. Likewise if you have a colour that has values less then 100 there is no way to distinguish them as 0 at the start just removes the digit. I Also tried Hexadecimal "6CE26C" however Letters arent an accepted input, and I tried Decimal "7135852" colour codes, however that also seems to produce the wrong colour.

Question Two:
Item: Create Item in Slot [143] &/or Item: Create Magical Weapon [111]

Im creating a non humanoid NPC and was wanting to give them the "magical Weapon" icon similar to there race. EG how wolf has paws or the bear shape change has claw icons. I am able to correctly make it show in game and work correctly. However even know I set it as "Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance", the "magical weapon" icon can be dispelled and the effect is removing itself. I have seen a bug report saying that the icon in general can be removed from things like transformations or shape change. So im guessing this isnt something I cant fix with effects alone and is an unavoidable bug if im just using effects?

Question Three:
Shape change, Appearance or Graphics: Polymorph into Specific [135]

These next two related things im pretty sure I cant do with effects alone but I thought I would ask anyways.

1: Character voices still play even when they are a different creature appearance. I cant figure out a way to make them sound like a wolf or whatever animal. Likewise they keep talking with there voice set when you click/move them around. Im guessing this is impossible to change as its based on there "class/race" being the same as the creature you want them to be? But thought I would ask. I know I can just override and delete there voice sets but I dont want to do something that drastic. And I want to keep them with the stats of the class/race I have chosen.

2: Likewise, Is there a way to make the paperdoll in the inventory look different then the appearance in the game world? EG: Look like a human in the world but a bear in the inventory. Every thing I have read so far says they are linked and cant be changed but thought I would ask anyways.

Question Four:

Usability: Item Usability, Item: Can't Use Item [180], Item: Can Use Any Item [302] and Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181].
I can easily let a player use any item, or specific items. But I cant let them use a class/type of items I choice easily.

So for example currently If I want to let a cleric use spears I need to give them "Use Any Item" then set each weapon type(Sword/Bow/etc) I want to block using "Can't Use Itemtype". However this still allows them to use alignment or misc class restricted items. EG: The cleric can use bard items as they are counted as Misc and I cant just block all Misc, or if there is Armour only for monks I cant block Monk Armour as it will block ALL Armour. Im not sure if there is something easy im missing But I have a feeling I cant with effects alone. I know I can block items on a item by item bases but that could be like 50 effects blocking each item and that is going to be a pain and time consuming.

----
Well these are my questions so far, I have tried searching online and in the forums but unless im just searching for the wrong terms I cant find an answer. Thanks for any help or feedback!

Edit: One other thing I was curious about. Is it possible to add though effects or by changing the animation or appearance using an 'Effect' to force a character to display the wings from the item 'WINGS01' without it taking up the helmet slot? Or for that matter, to apply the effect/enchantments from if you were using an item but without it taking a slot. I know I can manually add resistances and stuff but for the more unique effects it can be difficult to reproduce without taking the item slot.
Post edited by 00zim00 on

Comments

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    I just got a reply to a PM I sent to Troodon80 in regards to the RGB Issue. They plan to update how RGB works in a future EE Keeper update. But for anyone interested who may come across this post in the future, here is how it works now.

If you want to wait for a while, I will actually update EE Keeper so you can just input the RGB values in three individual text boxes. The DAT file containing all the description came from the IESDP and was designed for tools like DLTCEP, which already have that functionality. The current functionality is far from ideal now that I look at it.

The first byte is unused. The second byte, starting at a value of 1, is equal to 256 and increases in multiples. The third byte, assuming there is no value in the second byte, is equal to 65536 and increases in multiples. The fourth byte, assuming no value is used for the second or third byte, starts with 16777216 and increases in multiples. So if you want RGB(18,76,150), a medium blue, you'll want the following value:

18: 256*18 = 4608
    76: 65536*76 = 4980736
    150: 16777216*150 = 2516582400

4608+4980736+2516582400 =

Now the problem here is that the number is larger than a simple signed int value. The number we're actually looking at here is 2521567744.

So what we do now is convert that... which can be a bit of a problem because we're adding or subtracting a couple times.

(2521567744 - 1) - 2147483647 = 374084096
    (374084096 - 1) - 2147483647 = -1773399552

-1773399552 is the actual value you will want to type in.

Easy. :P

I'll get something working on that over the weekend. :-)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @00zim00
    I was disappointed that this question has not been answered.

Question Four:
    "Usability: Item Usability, Item: Can't Use Item [180], Item: Can Use Any Item [302] and Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181].
    I can easily let a player use any item, or specific items. But I cant let them use a class/type of items I choice easily.

So for example currently If I want to let a cleric use spears I need to give them "Use Any Item" then set each weapon type(Sword/Bow/etc) I want to block using "Can't Use Itemtype". However this still allows them to use alignment or misc class restricted items. EG: The cleric can use bard items as they are counted as Misc and I cant just block all Misc, or if there is Armour only for monks I cant block Monk Armour as it will block ALL Armour. Im not sure if there is something easy im missing But I have a feeling I cant with effects alone. I know I can block items on a item by item bases but that could be like 50 effects blocking each item and that is going to be a pain and time consuming."

00zim00 obviously knows more about this that I do. How does he allow the Cleric to "Use any item" ? If that question is answered I may be able to work out how to block the items that I want to block in the same way that he does.
    00zim00
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited August 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald, you should be able to allow 'Use Any Item' by adding this effect to the character using EEKeeper:

irtw8h24frwh.png

Gus
    00zim00Skatan
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    @Wise_Grimwald, what @Gusinda said is correct.

If your modding it just for yourself and take care on what items you allow your character to use. That effect alone should be all you need :)
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the reply:
    I can get this far, but no further:
    How do I get into the parts that are missing?

vwlhokimmonb.jpg

It seems that we have slightly different versions of EE Keeper. Is that pertinant?
    edited August 2019
    00zim00 wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald, what @Gusinda said is correct.

If your modding it just for yourself and take care on what items you allow your character to use. That effect alone should be all you need :)

That's what I thought. It wasn't the Bhaalspawn I was wanting to change but another character whose kit doesn't allow him to use various items because the source of those items was poorly written.

(Items in quite a few old mods have been made incorrectly. :( )

I decided to change the party since I don't know how to select the NPC to restrict it to him. Then I thought: If I select the whole party, all I have to do is be careful which items I give them.

EDIT

Since I couldn't do what I was trtying to do in the Effects part of keeper, I just gave him the Innate spell and cast it in-game. It worked. Now all I have to do is be careful that I don't assign items to him which he shouldn't have. :) I will probably do the same for all party members now.

I presume that the innate spell "Use any item," is permanent.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Gusinda
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I presume that the innate spell "Use any item," is permanent.

To my knowledge yes, but sometimes when I am lazy I ctrl-R away negative effects instead of healing them or waiting for them to wear off (ain't nobody got time for that) and it has happened that the UAI I've added in EEKeeper then disappears from the character and I have to re-apply it.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Wise_Grimwald, for info, I am using EEKeeper 1.0.3.6. Had troubles with 1.0.4.0 so reverted back.

Gus
    Wise_Grimwald
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald, for info, I am using EEKeeper 1.0.3.6. Had troubles with 1.0.4.0 so reverted back.
    Gus

That might be why I couldn't do what you have done. I may do the same as you if I have further problems.
    Gusinda