Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    @Arthas It should be noted that the mod was just updated to 3.9.1, so it looks like someone is supporting it.
  • wukewuke Member Posts: 113
    edited August 2019
    just tried 3.9.1, huge thanks to the maintainer! there are still some bugs remaining:
    30000-60000 money talk ends with that NO VALID REPLY blahblah, I think an
    EXIT

is missing
    stealing gaxx ring talk still doesn't fire,
    HasItem("ring39","Player1")

should be
    HasItem("ring39",Player1)

in Classes.d there are 2 conditions like
    IF ~!Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF) !Class(Player1,MAGE_THIEF) Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF)~

maybe a "!" is missing?

in TOB the second quality time in pocket plane, according to comments in dialogue files, is suggested to be available after either Abazigal or Sendai is dead, but currently it's only available after the Solar Melissan talk (after dealing with Balthazar).(but I guess some quality time before final battle also makes sense tho, no sure this is a bug)

I don't know if this conflicts with the developers' intention, but I also have a small feature request:
    can we get all 3 money talks in one single playthrough if the conditions are met? and can we get class banter for each of the multi-classes? In current version they only fire once and there are some randomness in it. I notice the stronghold talks are controlled by different variables and will fire to each one acquired, if player can get multiple strongholds. Maybe we can do the same to those talks?

Again, thanks to whoever is maintaining the mod!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @amberCoffeeCat There is no ill intent in my post. Just stating some facts. If I didn't like the mod I wouldn't be here. And I'm not criticizing anyone over the support of the mod, I just said that the mod "seemed" unsupported. The new release actually surprised me, but there are no bugs amongst the one I've witnessed in my playthrough (Sadly) fixed.
  • itfojitfoj Member Posts: 3
    Hi, just posting a talk i had with the coder about ongoing support for the mod
    Yes its ok i dont mind.

I will most likely always support the mod in terms of fixing simply because i always play the game with the mod and if anything is wrong or i hear there is a bug i would fix it along the way. And i envision i will play this game still for many years.

Im actually in the middle of a complete playthrough and test of the mod while going through the game since i am playing as a class i never played before, a Monk. I regret this since its pretty boring playing a monk so that isnt helping.

Ill upload one more update now and most likely i will be focused on testing myself and fixing things so i may not upload another version of the mod till i finish my playthrough or at least finish SOA.

Most trivial bugs i usually can fix easily, as in bugs that do not affect the state of the romance.
    Such as banters not firing.

Bugs such as Imoen repeating herself, stuttering, saying the wrong things in my experience is due to other mods conflicting with this one, which i cannot fix since it may be due to other mods. Only a few times did i investigate other mods to identify what the problem was but i dont have time for that nowadays.
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    s/he's da real MVP!
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yes, your ongoing efforts are greatly appreciated. :) While I'm a bit disappointed that clashes with other mods won't be ironed out, it is still workable if you know what to do (and hopefully my posts here will help other players who experience similar issues). I know full well how much work it is to maintain a mod, so whatever you can do to keep the mod available and accessible for future gamers is more than sufficient.
  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    I've just noticed the update to 3.9.2 as a result of watching this thread. Can the latest version be installed over the current one (3.9.0), or will that break existing saves?
    reporting another small bug:
    in SOA Aerie's "normal" party reaction won't fire, because in \scripts\SOA\Love\aerie.baf the script always demands
    Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

edited August 2019
    @wuke

Please check if the following stuff works correctly on your setup

1) The firecamp scene in SoA (right after Underdark)
    2) Sleeping at saradush tavern (ToB)
    Post edited by Arthas on
    They both work just fine
    Ah yes, I can echo that wuke's experience of Aerie's "normal" party reaction to your romance to Imoen won't fire also happened to me. I'm also not sure if it was intentional or not, but Mazzy, Minsc and Edwin all do not have reactions to the romance. I know the EE companions have no reactions (since the mod was written before the EE's came out), but I always thought it strange that those 3 have no reactions whatsoever when the vast majority of the other companions do.
    Also, Haer'Dalis. And it's intentional - I just checked, it's stated in the dialogue files.
    Yeah it's not intentional, the dialogue already exists (she says she feels happy for the couple) we just can't get it. We can only get another one if charname already broke up with her
    @wuke, I meant it's intentional for Mazzy, Minsc, Edwin and Haer'Dalis. For Aerie it's a bug.
    @amberCoffeeCat yeah ur right, actually I was replying to @Zaxares and perhaps hit post after your reply, caused a little misunderstanding here
    any chance you could ask the coder to get in touch with Roxanne?

She offers some insights here: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/comment/5087/#Comment_5087
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited August 2019
    what really needs to be fixed is her friendship variable breaking her final interjection at the end of tob.

edit; nvm checked the read me the newest version fixed that.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
    It is me again...
    in TOB when you ask her about her dreams about Spellhold, which one of the following do you guys get?
    == IMOEN25J IF ~!Global("ImoenSummoned","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~ The time in Suldanessalar helped quite a bit. Got the chance for some quiet reflection an' all that therapy mumbo jumbo. It was nice while it lasted. And y'know what else helped a lot? Watching Irenicus explode into bloody bits. Say whatever you want - revenge *worked* for me.~
    == IMOEN25J IF ~Global("ImoenSummoned","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~The time I spent by myself helped quite a bit. I went back to the Friendly Arm Inn, rented a nice room and tried to sort through my issues. It was nice, while it lasted - not that I'm sad you called or anything. It was also getting a bit boring, hah.~

I guess the we get first one if she is brought into TOB from SOA and second if summoned by Fate Spirit? I searched the variable "ImoenSummoned" it seems to be a vanilla variable, the problem is that it's already set to 2 in map AR4000 (stone heads) if she's in your party, so when this dialogue happens the variable would always be 2 and we can't get the first one. I recall seeing the first one maybe once in game and in later playthroughs I always get the second one as if she was not in Suldanessalar. Can you get the first one correctly?

I remember that too; I got the 2nd one as if Imoen had NOT been in my party from the end of SoA, although at the time I wasn't aware that there was a second conversation and I just assumed Imoen went off and did her own thing for a while for the couple of months between the end of SoA and the start of ToB. I think the problem is that it's referencing the wrong variable that tracks whether or not Imoen was summoned to the Pocket Plane via the Fade Spirit.
    edited August 2019
    yeah I looked the variables again and I think those "SomeoneSummoned"s was used to track dialogue progression *during* the talk after we just summon somebody. "2" simply means the talk has ended or shouldn't have happened, and should not be used to determine *how* they joined the team.
    Post edited by wuke on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2019
    So, where exactly is this version 3.9 is hosted? The only hit I get on a web search is the old website, and it still says the download is version 3.6
    The download should be 3.9.2, it's just webpage not updated. You can check the readme in zip pack
    Thanks!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it says it's 3.9.2 in the read me.
    I've found an, odd, conflict with this mod and Faiths and Powers. THey install fine together, but Imoen Romance paired with some other mod I haven't discovered yet somehow breaks Faiths and Powers. F&P is a kit mod that adds a bunch of divine kits and a sphere system to the game. IR being an npc mod that doesn't add any kits (that I"m aware of) shouldn't really conflict with this. But somehow, this, combined with some other mod, and going by my install order, its another npc mod of somekind, messes up kitlist.2da so that Faiths and Powers won't install. Its honestly the weirdest issue I've ever had trying to mod my game.
    wuke wrote: »
    yeah I looked the variables again and I think those "SomeoneSummoned"s was used to track dialogue progression *during* the talk after we just summon somebody. "2" simply means the talk has ended or shouldn't have happened, and should not be used to determine *how* they joined the team.

actually there is a "IRTJustJoined" variable can be used to track this... tested and it worked properly
  • JarveyJarvey Member Posts: 31
    Found a strange little bug in the Spellhold dungeon while using 3.9.2. If you force-talk to the player character as the player character before encountering Bodhi, it's possible to trigger the post-Bodhi fight talk with Imoen early.

I've tried to reproduce this bug using a save I had at the very beginning of the dungeon, but wasn't able to trigger the bug again in my limited time trying. There may be other triggers within the dungeon that need to be hit before this force-talk bug can happen. I can't completely rule out mod conflicts in this (BGT+FixPack+UnfinishedBusiness+CDTweaks+PPGBanterPack+This). It's a very minor bug all things considered, but amusing to have triggered it in my experimentation.

In my older 3.9 playthrough, I didn't get any of the SoA banters about money, classes, etc that should have triggered. I've seen that the changelogs for 3.9.1 and 3.9.2 have fixes for some of these banters, but I found it odd that none of the possible banters triggered for me in 3.9. I also missed out on a few dialogues with Imoen in ToB (mainly regarding the Pocket Plane challenges) because they failed to trigger in my 3.9 playthrough.
    I'm using the CDTweaks + Unfinished Business + a couple of companion tweak mods. While I didn't get the money banters (and apparently from the convo above, it seems that it's a known bug which should be fixed in the latest version), the class banters did trigger for me. My guess is that it's probably some sort of conflict with the Banter pack you've got installed.
  • JarveyJarvey Member Posts: 31
    Zaxares wrote: »
    I'm using the CDTweaks + Unfinished Business + a couple of companion tweak mods. While I didn't get the money banters (and apparently from the convo above, it seems that it's a known bug which should be fixed in the latest version), the class banters did trigger for me. My guess is that it's probably some sort of conflict with the Banter pack you've got installed.

I should clarify that during my 3.9 playthrough, I did not have the banter pack or CDTweaks installed. I only installed them for my current run.
  • Rieper24Rieper24 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all, please forgive me if this has been asked before but I've been struggling to find an answer. I played this mod originally on BG2 and installed 3.9.2 on BG2: EE recently for another go.

I remember talking to Imoen directly was half the conversations last time but now when I try to initiate dialogue with her I get no response, like I didn't just click to talk with her. Back in BG2 I remember you used to get red text saying "you can't start convos with this person" when talking to vanilla party members but it's the same when I try to start a chat with them now too, no recognition in the log that I've tried to do anything. Am I missing something basic? Or am I just clicking too early? Just made it out of the Underdark and the camp scene.

I have no other mods currently running.