Skip to content

X's Modfile for Android BG2EE v2.5.6.16

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
Hi @Xhobliam, as requested, linked is a modfile containing all of the contents (mods updated, less hacks) of the last modfile that we played with for BG2.

Found a better sharing site with no ads! Should have used it earlier but wasn't aware of the problem with Zippyshare...

Link: BG2EE.2.5.16.6_Modfile_Xhoblaim1.7z

WeiDU.log attached with this post.

If you want to look at what you want to change, we can make a fresh start on the mod. Hopefully all is well with the contents; I can't recall whether we had specific problems with any mod but we shall find out...

Enjoy
Gus

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda Omg! Everything runs really smooth so far ?. I like that file share too, really neat ?. I was makin a new character and quickly remembered that the vampire race was the issue. Apparently once selected as a race, no classes show up to select. Almost like the creator forgot to link the race with classes lol. Is there a way to remedy this? Will do more testing tonight. I also remebered there were some places you go to that crash when doing the quests. Cant recall which tho, been so long lol.

HA! Second issue, go ahead and try making a shadow adept. Its doin that thing where you have to select ur spells and when you do the menu keeps popping back up ?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited August 2019
    @Xhoblaim, I will check out the Vampire race prob (seem to recall something about that) but for the Shadow Adept, you need to make sure that all the spells are selected for each level. I created one and went through selectiing five 1st, four 2nd, three 3rd and two 4th level spells before the prompting stopped. Did you go through that in your creation or did it continue after? Also, If you are on the 1st level spells, make sure there isn't a red cross in the memorised box to get to the 2nd level spells.

Gus

Edit: Checked out the Vampire prob. The mod it is from is Eldritch Magic and you are right, there hasn't been any classes added as yet (have a look in the Change log spoiler in the first post).
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    @Gusinda alrighty, ill give the class another go, tripped me out since the way you learn the spells is different from before ?. When i went thru i was trying to learn spells but the red X was there. I got you now tho ?
    @Gusinda hey bud i have a fav to ask, can you change the vecna robe color? That ugly pale color is stuck on it again. Black would be cool.
    @Xhoblaim, will do. I will upload later in the day.

Gus
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda oooo yeaaa wut about console? Is there an easy one for this like iwdee?

Edit: been having some issues with the shadowmagic mod. The skill menu keeps poppin up if you import a saved character. Plus for some strange reason, all chars i make start at lvl 7 ?. I shall dig deeper
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    @Xhoblaim, attached is a file containing the robe with colours appropriate (I hope). For the console, I had already put that into the mod. It should be in the same spot as the IWDEE but just a different colour. I have also included it here as well just in case. Found another prob with Eldritch Magic so included thar fix.

I think you will find the char level is all to do with the mod. I think there is a script that runs when the character starts the game. What do you mean by Skill menu?

Gus
    @Gusinda after creating a new Shadow adept and saving the char file, if you import it forces you to try and select spells again. This is where the spellbook begins actin funny, try to close it and it keeps comin back, even after selecting all the needed spells ?
    @Xhoblaim, had a look and it is part of the baldur.bcs (script that runs in the background). It will happen for any of the Shadow Magic classes. I don't think you want to turn it off though as it controls a lot of actions within the game.

Gus
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda hmm i been thinkin and have a question, is it possible to make iwdee items available in bg2ee?

Edit: i tried to make a cleric/mage but the shadowmagic version and it didnt work o.o....like at all. Once in game, it give normal spells instead. Ill upload a save so you can see.

I was also gonna request some item editing, avatar changes and maybe item creation if your up to it ?
    edited August 2019
    @Xhoblaim, we can only but try... what weapon were you thinking of?

Shall have a look at the Cleric/Mage and see what's happening.

No probs on the changes. I will do them in my off time, so they wont be there quickly unless there is a rainy day :smile: which is the prediction for tomorrow...

Gus

Edit: I don't think you would be able to multiclass from the Priestess to a Mage for some reason. I EEkeepered the Priestess specialty out and added the Shadow Adept in. See if that is what you are looking for...
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda I was thinkin of making a staff, shield and a hammer. For the cleric made. Originally i made a Nightbringer (Shadow a./cleric) from the start, cuz it worked in iwdee, but i forget they are different games lol. I still gotta flesh out the hammer n shield but the staff is good to go.

Staff: Heavens Glory
    +4 thaco
    +1int
    +2char
    Chance on hit, cast False Dawn, or Sunray If possible. Like 10%.
    Charges: Shield of Archons x2
    Draw upon holy might x3

Hmm too op? Lol ?
    Can you make the staff look like the Staff of Rhynm? But like gold? Then add a glow if ya can ?, prefferably a white pulse glow. The red will throw the look off a bit. Her robes will be all white as well, shes gonna have the mage avatar. Remeber Arie's robes? The char you find in the circus. Her robes have like gold shoulder pads etc. I was thinkin to go with the same look as her robes with the gold shoulders pads etc. and the rest all white.

@Gusinda Maaaaan, i got a question lol. A neat idea jus hit me and im wonderin if theres a way to get the Angel Wings cosmetic head item to work/show on human? ? (Jus explorin ideas)
    Ohyea, prolly gonna need UAI on those clerics cuz i wanna put Winged bracers on her ?
    @Xhoblaim, I had a bit of a play around with the Staff. Attached is the result. Have a look and see if it fits the bill... also added UAI for the Clerics. Haven't touched the robe yet; which robe were you planning on starting with? I put in the Traveller Robe in just to start but.

I tried importing a weapon from IWDEE, so have a look at that as well. It is only a 'plain' weapon that doesn't have any spells associated with it. Thought I would go for the easy option first just to get the feel of it.

I think that the animation for the wings was only created with the Elf in mind, but again, no harm in trying.

You know the drill...

Gus
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda Awesome! The staff is great! Maybe drop the glow tho, doesnt look as nice as i thought it would lol. I also noticed that when it hits and sunray is cast, theres a purple cast animation. Is there any way to make that animation look more holy than arcane?

The robes i was referring to were the the defaulted color robes. The robes you put are right, but i forgot that the colors have been adjusted for the modfile. If you restore them to default, i think you will see what i am goin for....i think lol.

Ill get jumpin on that description asap
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda Heavens Glory: Normally all Archangels are issued a weapon of Glory. This weapon is special in that it is said to be blessed and imbued by the Goddess of Light herself, gifted to Archangel Hera for her bravery during the last Apocalypse.

Ill keep it simple.

Hmm curious, can the glow on the staff be gold also? Maybe that will look better. Plus i dnt think you can make the whole staff glow...can u? Lol ?
    @Xhoblaim, try this. Did a change to the staff colour and added the text. The glow was gold before with a touch of white added in. I have taken the white out and made all the colours of the staff the same gold with the glow brighter.

Gus
    @Gusinda Bruuuuuh!! Thats staff is flawless man ???, tytyty. Now for the robes lol. Oh yea, she has to look like a mage ofc. ?
    @Xhoblaim, good to hear...

This is a starter for the robe. I had to reverse the colours as white with a little gold looked horrid, so I made it gold with a white trimmings. I also had to change the clothing colours on the character in the saved game, but this should be transferable to your current game (just open the character report and go to Customise/Colours, then you can see what I have done there).

I have left the description as the Traveller's Robe and will change to personalise it once you are happy (or as we add features :) ).

Gus
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda ok took some time to stare at the robes to see whats next and i think ots best to just go all white but with a gold trim on the robe cape? So just reverse the colors, maybe that will do. Oh and color any accessories on the robes gold too.
    @Xhoblaim, here is the robe (White with Gold) but as I said, it's looks aren't all that pleasing, well to my eyes anyway.

Gus
    @Gusinda lmaaaao! That white tho ?. Ok ok, so just a lil bit too white lol. Try this, since the avatar is gonna be a mage anyway, change the avatar to mage, then make the robes all white (use that white color thats in the blue area). Heres a save with the an idea of what gettin at, take a peek at Angel ?
    @Gusinda Doin a playthrough and have some drastic changes, primarily due to my shortsightedness. To start, the look i was going for, the male actually has it ?. They have the shoulder guards that can be colored separate, for elf its like a collar thing. Reason i failed to see this is bcuz i was fixed on makin the character female lol. No big deal, gotta reverse some roles etc. But its doable ?. Try the look on a male mage avatar, will be much easier.

Also, the shadow magic mod is still actin up when i import a character, even after learning the spells. The spell book jus keeps poppin up. So ill just do a cleric/mage for now. To make it unique, can you change some of the spell animations? Like maybe make buffs look cooler or somethin or certain attacks look more holy ?? I know you got an arsenal of neat animations over there ??
    @Xhoblaim, that is a shame about the spells books. I could revert it back to the old method of selecting via the dialog box. It still exists in the mod. The GUI method is in Beta. Not sure it will fix the prob though as I am sure it will still run the script.

I will have a look at Angel and see what you are after...

Looked around the room for the sweet animations and couldn't find any :). We can only try!

Gus
    @Gusinda well, lets revert it back n give it a shot i guess. Its already killin me lol. I keep tryin to make a shadow class, forgetting its bugged lmao
    @Xhoblaim, give this one a go... Spell system changed back. Hopefully I got all the modified files (which are now in a dedicated mod).

BG2EE.2.5.16.6_Modfile_Xhoblaim2.7z

Gus
    edited August 2019
    @Gusinda yup! That was the issue, the new spellbook or selection isnt compatible. Old way works perfect. Loaded my SA and no request to fill magic slots that are already filled. ?? Tytyty
    @Xhoblaim, excellent. OK, here now is the Angel 'look alike' Matron... The problem was that when Matron was created, she was a Priestess of Lloth. This put effects that forced her to remain looking like a Cleric (which makes sense I suppose given her class). Matron also was forced to use a particular colour palete. Once I removed those, everything else fell into place!

Gus
    @Gusinda Alrighty heres the next move. If you look at the robes when wprn you wilp notice the shirts gold color is diffrent from the cape trim, lets have both look the same color, cape trims color. Unless you can make the shirt white and the shoulderpads gold?
    If there are any accessories on the armor like jewels etc, color those gold too. I hope the shirt can be colored separate. Also, cant you make the normal cleric/mage have the mage avatar also?
    @Xhoblaim, unfortunately the shirt is part of the shoulder pads but both the same colour now. The male Cleric/Mage is of Mage form.

Gus