Skip to content

Do we have a list of "exclusive" mods for BG1:EE and classical BG1?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
edited May 2019 in BG:EE Mods
Planning to do a playthrough on BG:T and was wondering if there is around a list of mods that were released only for

BG:T and BG:tutu (but add on top of that BG:Classic)

That one should be aware of.

Edit: I know one
> Jarl’s Adventure Pack only for BG:T
Post edited by Arthas on
Isewein

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2019
    Don't know if there is a list of exclusives. But I made Rough World exclusively for BGEE. I'm also working on Eve of War, which is also BGEE exclusive.
    Arthas
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    In this case, a list of mods exclusive for BGT/Tutu would likely be more relevant.

The oBG engine is even harder to mod than oBG2; mods for BG didn't really take off until the content was ported with BGT and Tutu.
    Arthaselminster
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2019
    @CamDawg I had to rewrite my main post because that was what I was actually thinking ahaha

But I got too greedy and mentioned EET :P
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 520
    edited May 2019
    As opposed to having been ported to EE?

Rose NPC
    Mulgore and Xavia NPC
    Secret of Bone Hill
    The Fields of the Dead
    BG1 NPC Project & DSotSC have different versions with some components for oBG/TuTu lacking in their EE counterparts

Those are the only ones which come to mind - quite impressive how the list has been gradually narrowed down!
    StummvonBordwehr
    These mods have next to no content, I'm looking for good stuff that one may miss if playing only BGT or only EET.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    What sort of content did you have in mind? It seems odd to me to describe several of the mods @Isewein mentions as lacking in content, when they add so many additional quests and map areas (though as noted a lot of that can actually be played in the EE).

I can't remember if the Grey Clan has been adapted for the EE yet.
    edited June 2019
    @Grond0 the grey clan was indeed adapted.

I will give you informations on why I said they have no content:

Rose --> if you read this topic (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41550-rose-npc-mod-for-bgt/page-2) you'll see that the mod author tells you it has next to no content in BG2. Only bg1 seems to be complete...

Secret of Bone hill --> mod being a complete mess http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59870-horrible-mod-experience/

The fields of the dead --> mostly rule tweaks and never left beta status http://fotd.echon.dk/

BG1 NPC Project & DSotSC --> The second mod, in current iteration, is bad. The first one has enough content for EE too - I seem to remember that more components is not equal to more content, given that many things were added to BG:EE per se (But I may remember wrong)

Mulgore and Xavia are incomplete too: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/72-mulgore-xavia-npcs-for-bgt-weidututu-tob-5/

I was looking for stuff that was not in beta status, never converted, working, feature complete, mostly. Jarl adventure pack is an example.
    Post edited by Arthas on
    Grond0StummvonBordwehr
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    OK. If you're looking for mods which are complete, highly regarded and bug free - but still not converted for BGEE - I would expect that to be a short list :p. I hope you find some unexpected gems though.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 520
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply I was recommending any of the mods above. I merely listed those which to my knowledge haven't been adapted yet.
    StummvonBordwehrelminster
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2019
    Lava's Rakasha Verr'sza might work for BGT/Tutu. That's because it includes some scripting components for compatability. (Also I used the same ones, so my mods might also work, but I've no idea as I have never tested for it.)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,666
    It's because it was to work on BGT once, but later I addes stuff that would never work on the old engine + some very important story-wise happenings take place in SoD if he's romanced, so BG2 portion of the mod would never make any sense so... yeah, it's EE only.
    elminster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Arthas wrote: »
    @Grond0 the grey clan was indeed adapted.

Do you, perhaps, have a link to the EE version? My google-fu failed me in this regard.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @amberCoffeeCat It's from k4thos, all official with Baronius' permission, and should replace the older version once there are enough player reports (hinthinthint):
    https://github.com/K4thos/TGC1e
    Grond0amberCoffeeCat
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Thanks, jastey.
    On a similar note - I asked in a dedicated thread, but maybe it will be more visible here:
    Is there any version of Bonehill that is EE compatible (and possible to download now that SHS is down)?