Skip to content

Archer Longow Mastery Attacks per Round Cap?

Hi,

New player here although I've read a lot about the mechanics of the game and I feel I have a good understanding. One thing I can not explain though is this:

I'm playing an archer right now with 3 points in Longbow Mastery and my APR is 5/2, which I don't understand why. I would expect it to be 3, since Longbows start with 2 APR, i get an extra 1/2 for the second point so 5/2 and an extra 1/2 from the third so I would expect to have 6/2=3 APR.

What's even worse is that when i level up and take the fourth point the APR still stays at 5/2, instead of going to 7/2. I can see the modifier in damage from the mastery.

I'm using a composite longbow (maybe that's what causing the problem?) Can somebody please explain? Is there a hidden cap or something?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited August 2019
    @bennie905 You only get an extra 1/2 attack per round from the second and fifth points you take in a weapon, not from the third or fourth. In the description of each level of proficiency, it says the total APR bonus you get from having that much proficiency, not the additional bonus you get from that specific proficiency level.
    bennie905SCARY_WIZARD
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    You misunderstand. The description of each proficiency level describes the total benefit. At 3 pips you do not receive another half attack in addition to the one you received from the second pip.

At 2 pips you receive +1 to hit, +2 to damage, and an extra half attack per round.

at 3 pips you receive +3 to hit, +3 to damage, and an extra half attack per round.

that's a difference of 2 hit and 1 damage.
    bennie905
  • bennie905bennie905 Member Posts: 2
    @OlvynChuru @Chronicler Thanks a lot guys!
    OlvynChuru
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    That description confused me for a long time as well.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Does whirlwind attack work with bows?
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Yes.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    The 5th pip also grants an additional half attack per round.
    So if you reach grandmastery your apr should be 1(base)+0,5(lvl 7 warrior)+0,5(lvl 13 warrior)+0,5 (weapon spec)+0,5 (weapon grandmastery).
    Its 3 apr, and if you have a bow you have +1 more with the basic bow apr.
    Note: in iwdee the grandmastery grants +1 apr instead of 0,5.