Skip to content

BG:EE Dorn bug / Kryll quest, stuck in dialogue mode when entering quest area

ArdentArdent Member Posts: 22
So, I have started the Kryll part of Dorn's quest which sends me to the mountain area east of the Nashkel mines. When entering the area you get attacked by some skeletons and Dorn seems to try to initiate dialogue afterwards but doesn't. Instead he is stuck in dialogue mode without actually starting any dialogue.

I have seen this workaround for the problem: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/976294/#Comment_976294
When I do this, Dorn gets out of dialogue mode but the quest doesn't progress – Kryll is not where she is supposed to be and there is no further dialogue with Dorn.

I have searched for the better part of an hour for a solution on the forums with no luck so far. :(
I'm running BG Steam v2.5.17.0 on a Mojave Mac.
Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. :3

Comments

• ArdentArdent Member Posts: 22
    Really no one with an idea what to do? ?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Ardent, would you be able to upload a saved game with the prob (or just before)? Any mods? If so, could you also upload your WeiDU.log?

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @Ardent, would you be able to upload a saved game with the prob (or just before)?

Sure can. This save is right before the party leaves for the eastern mountain area. As soon as they enter and killed the skeletons, Dorn goes buggy.
    Any mods? If so, could you also upload your WeiDU.log?

No Mods whatsoever.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Thanks @Ardent. Had a look at the saved game and it appears that Dorn may have died at some stage. A Global variable was set that had him dead. Anyway, I changed the variable to show that he is still walking around and the game progressed as expected.

Enjoy
    Gus
    ArdentJuliusBorisov
    Thanks @Ardent. Had a look at the saved game and it appears that Dorn may have died at some stage. A Global variable was set that had him dead. Anyway, I changed the variable to show that he is still walking around and the game progressed as expected.

Enjoy
    Gus

He did what now? ? Well he's not very good at it, obvs, because I hadn't noticed.

Thank you so much for having a look and helping me out. ☺️
    GusindaJuliusBorisov