Skip to content

Favorite NPC outside of the Companions.

Which NPC's just really struck a chord with you?

I like that priest of Tymora who wants to revive his son. His views on Tymora's teachings are different from brothers in the clergy, but ultimately Tymora does reward his efforts even as he goes against his brothers.

He's also a very tired dad. There's something profoundly relatable about it when after raising his son from the dead he says something about the exhaustion that comes with the deed and heads off to rest, while his son hands out all the rewards and sees us to the door. This is a dad who works hard to look after his kids, even though he can't always keep them out of trouble.
QuartzDJKajuruStummvonBordwehrThacoBellkansasbarbarianBlackravenDaevelonIseweinAerakarmonicoJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I thought it was a bit much that Brage needed to atone for anything.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove that the sword was controlling his actions there. He's no more accountable for that than if he'd been under the influence of a domination spell.

There's this notion sometimes that if there's some magical hijinks involved, it would be inadmissable in our courts, so it'll be inadmissable in Forgotten Realms courts to, but like they all know about cursed swords and stuff in The Realms, so you'd think legal process would have some understanding of this sort of stuff.
    Balrog99Blackraven
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Chronicler wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit much that Brage needed to atone for anything.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove that the sword was controlling his actions there. He's no more accountable for that than if he'd been under the influence of a domination spell.

There's this notion sometimes that if there's some magical hijinks involved, it would be inadmissable in our courts, so it'll be inadmissable in Forgotten Realms courts to, but like they all know about cursed swords and stuff in The Realms, so you'd think legal process would have some understanding of this sort of stuff.

Brage had already been declared not guilty once they could see that the sword is cursed, it seems, but it doesn't really help the fact that Brage's psychological state is tremendously messed by it. That said, the priest of Helm may be more interested in Brage's spiritual state.

Fair enough. I must have missed that. If he's just doing penance voluntarily then that's different. Can't be easy on the conscience, having killed all those innocents, no matter how little control he had over his own actions at the time.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    In the objective morality world that is D&D, extenuating circumstances like mind controlling magic usually makes the difference between "a fallen paladin who is beyond redemption" and "a fallen paladin who can use an Atonement spell because he/she was not truly responsible for their own actions".
    ChroniclerkansasbarbarianMERLANCEmonico
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited September 2019
    Dharius wrote: »
    The Surgeon is nice because he turns up when I need healing, and I can pickpocket him for some yummy potions afterwards :)

That is a good choice, he is also a fun link to Davaeorn and the potion he gives you is very helping in dealing with him

ChroniclerThacoBellmonico
  • Tenya, has a good story and a pretty big quest for a little girl.
    AngulimalaChroniclerAerakarJuliusBorisov
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    All of the already mentioned npcs are gerat choices and were my first couple pics (ya thieves ;) )

The mirrorshades always stuck out to me as ex-adventurers. The kindly inn owners who are actually some of the highest level npcs in the game. Whose inn also happens to be a dungeon that they cleared out before retiring.

Rumor has it that the barmaids at the friendly arm inn are powerful golems made to look like barmaids through illusion magic.

When the clients get rowdy the barmaids will eject them with seemingly unnatural strength.

Would've been fun if that had been implemented in baldur's gate.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ursa the Cave Bear is great. I wish we had a peaceful resoluition for her. I don't know why, I always thought of Ursa as a "her".
    DaevelonAerakarmonicoJuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Ursa the Cave Bear is great. I wish we had a peaceful resoluition for her. I don't know why, I always thought of Ursa as a "her".

Because Ursa in latin means "female bear". Probably you connected with Ursa Major, the constellation.
    ThacoBellQuartzSkatanAerakar
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    Nimran wrote: »
    Nexlit the Xvart. “Ursa kill you. Ursa nice.” Gets killed by Ursa the Cave Bear.

Bad Luck Nexlit. (I'm not going to make a meme, there's another thread for that).
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    I like Silke. True, I do kill her every time I meet her but I still like her.

It'd be cool if she was recruitable. I bet great banters could be written for her. Eldoth would totally try to two-time Skie with her and get humiliated.
    Permidion_Starktbone1monico
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    For a thespian extraordinaire she is remarkably bad at faking being ambushed though
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99ThacoBell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    ilduderino wrote: »
    For a thespian extraordinaire she is remarkably bad at faking being ambushed though

That's so true. It is a shame we are denied the chance of seeing her on stage with Biff the Understudy.
    ilduderinotbone1