Skip to content

[MOD LIST] Mods by AionZ/Artemius_I

124»

Comments

• coffin_nailercoffin_nailer Member Posts: 16
    Pretty excited to hear more on Ryna. I'm guessing based on her portrait and vampire heavy backstory that she's a dhampir, which would be really cool. The robe having alignment hiding powers has me the most curious though. Makes me wonder if she uses it to mask her presence and motives when hunting vamps or is she herself is evil and trying to hide that fact for some reason. Or maybe it's something else all together :D

Anyway, hope work on your mods continues to go well!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @AionZ
    How fares progress on Aura and Ryna?
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    edited February 2021
    I have a question about the "Expanded Shapeshifting" house rule.

The description states: "This component replaces the mediocre shapeshifting abilities of the vanilla druid with a much more powerful ability. The druid and avenger gain a ‘Wild Shape’ ability which, three times per day, allows them to shapeshift into five different animal forms."

Does this mean that the 'Wild Shape' ability replaces the avenger's shapeshifting abilities (as it does for the vanilla druid), or does the avenger get 'Wild Shape' in addition to the unique avenger forms (sword spider, etc.)?

ETA: I'm pretty sure that it is the latter, but thought I would verify before trying out the house rule.

Thanks!

ETA: It is indeed the latter (in case anyone is curious).
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
    I love most of the house rules but I thought that I would mention a bug with the shapeshifting ability: the spider form gets caught in webs. So the avenger tactic of casting web, transforming into a spider, and taking out the immobilized foes is not viable.
    I really like the reworked bard kits (in the "Bardic Wonders" mod).

But while testing some of them out (for a potential future game) I noticed the following:

The Bard (vanilla) and Blade characters that I created could cast spells while wearing chainmail, while the "armoured casting" component states that only studded leather (and below) should allow this. (I didn't test whether this was the case for any of the other kits.)

The Skald's song caused the character to suffer morale failure and panic (and I assume would cause other party members to panic as well -- I was just testing a single character at the time). This was the case both at first level and at 10th level. (Rather amusing, given that it is the "Battle Song of Valour"!)

Like I said, I am very keen on these revised versions of one of my favourite classes. I hope that these notes help. :)
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2023
    There's a wonky bit with Expanded Racial Bonuses in House Tweaks. That component copies its own ABRACERQ.2DA file (the one that rules the minimum and maximum number of a given stat a race can get at character creation). This isn't a problem in itself, but humans are limited to 16 tops on all stats and I see nothing about it in the documentation. It's easy enough to fix for a user as just opening the file in notepad and turning the human 16s into 18s, but people unfamiliar with modding might get confused.