Skip to content

Any mod conflicts for the experienced eye?

Hello guys,
I was wondering if any of the experts spot any conflicts with the following mod install order:
- BG2 Tweak anthology
- Ascension
- Unofficial Item Pack
- Unfinished Business
- Quest Pack
- Portraits Everywhere
- Banter Pack

So far I have noticed one bug. Aerie will show red outline on level 5+ wizard spells (like she can't learn or has already learned) even though she can learn and memorize them. It's annoying cause I don't know which spells I have so I usually depended on the green/red outline. Furthermore, are there any incompatibilities with the mods I use?
Thank you very much in advance
Best regards,
DC

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Tweak Pack best last in install order.
  • ProtosAngelusProtosAngelus Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much. Everything else is fine? Btw. are there any mods you recommend that work well with the listed ones?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @ProtosAngelus, I haven't used Ascension at all so don't know where it fits but this is the order I used for the others:

- Unfinished Business
    - Quest Pack
    - Banter Pack
    - Unofficial Item Pack
    - Tweaks Anthology (wasn't sure whether you were refering to BG2 Tweaks or Tweaks Anthology so I just made it clear as to which one I used)
    - Portraits Everywhere

Didn't have any problems that I noticed. I did have other mods installed which required 'some' of Tweaks Anthology installed earlier but that shouldn't impacted here; it was mainly to do with spells/classes.

Gus
  • ProtosAngelusProtosAngelus Member Posts: 3
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @ProtosAngelus, I haven't used Ascension at all so don't know where it fits but this is the order I used for the others:

- Unfinished Business
    - Quest Pack
    - Banter Pack
    - Unofficial Item Pack
    - Tweaks Anthology (wasn't sure whether you were refering to BG2 Tweaks or Tweaks Anthology so I just made it clear as to which one I used)
    - Portraits Everywhere

Didn't have any problems that I noticed. I did have other mods installed which required 'some' of Tweaks Anthology installed earlier but that shouldn't impacted here; it was mainly to do with spells/classes.

Gus

https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-cdtweaks.html

A long time player and modder recommended the following order on Steam discussions:

"
    - Unofficial Item Pack
    - Unfinished business
    - Quest Pack
    - Banter Pack
    - Ascension
    - Tweaks anthology
    - Portraits everywhere
    "
    DavidW recommended that Ascension is installed after NPC mods (2.0 version). Furthermore, the <RED> overlay on mage scrolls is gone after the corrected install order (now red is either not usable or already learned). Aerie had all mage scrolls in red, but she could have learned them, it was a matter of convenience. Everything is perfect now except for one item in the unofficial item pack but that is a bug I presume on the mods end and not compatibility. Thanks a lot for help guys