Skip to content

Xzar & Monty vs Khalid & Jaheira

Is there any way in BGEE to encourage these two pairs to fall out and start fighting or is it totally random still?

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    As far as I know, it's random. I'm sure there's a variable code you can put in with the console, but I don't know what it is. *Leaves to be vague and unhelpful elsewhere.*
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    My party shall therefore wander aimlessly around Beregost until they start fighting...

I could just fire Xzar and Monty but it isn't the same.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Dont wander.

Have them stand close to each other. They will start bantering.

From my experience, the banters rarely happen while walking as the characters space themselves out more.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I think that Charname's charisma (or the party leader's charisma) decides whether, or at least when those two pairs clash. Try putting a low Charisma party member in charge, might speed things up for you.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2015
    Yeah... Here is how I think this works:
    When a banter happens a random party member will turn to face their nearest fellow partner and banter. There is a chance that a special banter with a dialog window will happen instead of a simple one.

Unlike in BG2 I cannot simply give a global variable to make them not fight (the games are scripted differently). What I can still do is tell you how to make the fight happen faster... even to force the fight to happen. Have Jaheira or Khalid stand next to Xzar or Montaron and start pressing Ctrl-i to make banters happen. Eventually they will notice each other and start the fight. They apparently need to notice each other twice for the fight to happen.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Thank you, I shall try that from a reload later on.

There had been a couple of incidents where Monty was threatening Jaheira so maybe they weren't far off fighting. Unfortunately I've now reached Nashkell and needed the party slots free for Minsc so I booted Xzar and Monty out then killed them. Well Monty did say that I would likely end up on the end of his blade so he had it coming...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Does the same method work to see Minsc and Edwin fighting over wether Dynaheir should live or not? I took them both to see it happen (if it happens), but I didn't know of the trick they need to be standing still together.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Son_of_Imoen I think that one is different and is not run on the banter mechanism. Never tried it but I am pretty sure Edwin makes you kill her as soon as you talk to her at the stronghold. Haven't looked it up either so I may be wrong (but probably not).
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Resurrecting this thread to ask: If a only one member of one or both of these couples is present, will the fight still happen? I.E. if Xzar is dead, will Montaron still provoke Khalid & Jaheira? Or if Khalid is dead, will Xzar still provoke Jaheira?
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    edited September 2019
    From memory Xzar will get into a fight with either Jaheira or Khalid. Montaron will also provoke Khalid into a fight but not Jaheira. So Monty and Jaheira can co-exist if their "other halves" are dead or kicked in a separate area.

Might be fun to do a widows run where all your party members are survivors of a pair. Monty, Jaheira and Dynaheir would make a nicely balanced group for any protagonist. Add Kivan and Eldoth to round out the theme. One of Eldoth and Skie would need to have an accident though. Probably Eldoth for SoD continuity purpose.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    So Monty and Jaheira can co-exist if their "other halves" are dead or kicked in a separate area.
    That sounds right.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Which is funny as Jaheira and Monty seem to be the more confrontational member of each pairing