Skip to content

Possible bug in Baldur's Gate for switch

Not sure where else to report this, but I'll gladly do so if needed.

I think I've run into a bug on the Switch version of BG. It looks like groups of NPCs are not appropriately going hostile during scripted encounters.

Examples I've noticed so far:

Bassilus goes hostile but none of his undead minions do.

Seniyad in Cloakwood goes hostile but his druid companions don't. In that particular case the quest to defend Aldeth can only be completed by force attacking.

Otherwise, the gameplay is great so far.

Comments

• SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Also, I haven't tried BG2 yet so I'm not sure if the bug is present there or not. Since the games come bundled though, I wonder if that may be the case.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hey! Feel free to report issues you encounter at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    The Aldeth quest is bugged on PC too - I never side with Aldeth but the same thing happens with Aldeth going hostile but his two companions don't.

With Bassilius. I've encountered the odd problem where a skeleton has wandered off from the main group and fails to turn hostile. I've had the whole lot fail to turn hostile once which might have been related to killing Bassilius too quickly.
  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    Bassilus goes hostile but none of his undead minions do.

Seniyad in Cloakwood goes hostile but his druid companions don't. In that particular case the quest to defend Aldeth can only be completed by force attacking.
    I also got those two. Had the same thing with the bandit in Peldvale - only the bandit leader I was talking with turned hostile and all the bandits around did not.

• monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited October 2019
    About Bassilus, maybe you just chose the conversation route leading to him only turning hostile (his undead minions are supposed to drop dead, but they often don't and just stay neutral).

IIRC, the correct choices are 1-3-1-1.
  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    monico wrote: »
    About Bassilus, maybe you just chose the conversation route leading to him only turning hostile (his undead minions are supposed to drop dead, but they often don't and just stay neutral).
    Nope, regardless of what you say they stayed neutral in the Switch version.

Had another encounter of this bug. The monks at the the start of the Cloud Peaks (Rasaads BG quest) also stayed neutral. I made the mistake to ignore them and ran past them. But when I reached Gamaz they turned hostile too. But this also triggered a dialogue loop on Rasaad. It was a bit tedious to solve this as you have to go all the way back and can only move a few steps until the dialogue pops up again.