Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    lefreut wrote: »
    I don't know if this fits this mod or how to do it (or even if it's doable), but what about a Minister of Ao kit?

Ao is... odd. I thought deeply about adding him but didn't come to a conclusion yet.

The link you posted is dead, @lefreut Can you please double-check?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Raduziel wrote: »
    The link you posted is dead, @lefreut Can you please double-check?

This wonderful forum software screw up the link when I post the message... It should work now :)
    edited October 2019
    @lefreut

I just saw the link.

That's the oddity: I don't see the point of creating a kit that pretty much grants or takes nothing. In AD&D it is pretty much the same. In fact, priests can't worship Ao by PnP rules:
    The Church
    CLERGY: Ministers, who may be of any class except those of the
    priest group

So this is best done as a Fighter kit maybe? What goes beyond DoF's scope.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • Installing for Dispenser's SoA/ToB run. Looking forward to playing this kit at higher levels @Raduziel
    Raduziel
    edited October 2019
    Installing for Dispenser's SoA/ToB run. Looking forward to playing this kit at higher levels @Raduziel

@CharlestonianTemplar If you wait until tomorrow (a couple of hours actually) before installing you'll be able to download the newest beta with the Holy Power/Strength of One/Champion's Strength alterings

Post edited by Raduziel on
    CharlestonianTemplar
    @CharlestonianTemplar

Files updated. You can grab them here

If you make a full install one component will fail. It's Corellon and that will happen because some files are not uploaded yet.

From now on, this is a thing:
    Spell altering: Strength of One, Holy Power and Champion's Strength will no longer reduce the target's Strength if it is already higher than what the spell sets.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Thanks, I already installed but I think I can back it out. I've just finished for the night - I added Song & Silence and Rogue Rebalancing after DoF, but I can do those three in any order.
    Raduziel
    edited October 2019
    I've uploaded some fixes for the update above and I also added Cat's Grace from IWDEE to the Sphere System (Level 1, Sphere Animal).

Edit: Flamengo got me a little too excited to sleep, so I ended up doing the spell that I had to do for Corellon. Now, all that is left is the coding per se (the easiest part, as I said before) - the spell that I needed to import was Cat's Grace. I won't do it today because it is kind of late here in Brazil (01:43 am).

That being said, I think that it will be ready by the weekend.

Cheers.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    AO makes no sense. He never answered prayers and ignored his "worshipers" after the Time of Troubles.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    Corellon is uploaded for beta testing. The files may be found here.
    CharlestonianTemplar

Would it be possible to post the spheres and granted abilities as well?
    CharlestonianTemplar
    LupusSolus wrote: »

Would it be possible to post the spheres and granted abilities as well?

I will do so on the first page, just need to get home.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    Thank you very much, pretty excited about this one because Corellon just has so much in his portfolio: war, magic, arts...it will be interesting to be what you did with it. Thanks again!
    CharlestonianTemplar
    edited October 2019
    @LupusSolus It is posted.

---

Edit: I'll now focus on ClearAir.2da and will not touch Moradin until that file is done.
    What exactly is sixth sense?
    And thanks for posting.
    Raduziel
    edited October 2019
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    What exactly is sixth sense?

It is a spell. When a kit gets access to a spell that don't exist in the game I label it as a special ability (this is true for all the kits) and give a brief description of what it does.

The only exception so far is Solonor: its special abilities are techniques and not spells - but when it comes to IE mechanics makes no difference (only to check if it bypasses magic resistance).
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Wow, Corellon gets a triple class kit (FMC)!
    Raduziel
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @lefreut

I just saw the link.

That's the oddity: I don't see the point of creating a kit that pretty much grants or takes nothing. In AD&D it is pretty much the same. In fact, priests can't worship Ao by PnP rules:
    The Church
    CLERGY: Ministers, who may be of any class except those of the
    priest group

So this is best done as a Fighter kit maybe? What goes beyond DoF's scope.

Indeed, it does not fit well with this mod. It's just that I don't think I ever see any kind of mod that have any reference to Ao. But one of the reason is that it may not be very interesting :p
  • @Raduziel Can I use the Paladin kits from F&Ps with DoF? I know they aren't compatible but is that because of the sphere system only or is there a bigger disconnect?
    @Raduziel just installed on BG2EE and found that Corellon is setup for Dwarves and Halflings instead of Elves and Half-Elves in clsrcreq.2da.
    Raduziel
    @Raduziel Can I use the Paladin kits from F&Ps with DoF? I know they aren't compatible but is that because of the sphere system only or is there a bigger disconnect?

Never tested but I don't see why not. They'll get the default spheres though.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    edited October 2019
    Just tried Sixth Sense on Corellon and found that when I look at the character sheet, the entire description shows in the effects window. It seems to work as described, just the mass of text in the effects window.

EDIT: EEKeeper up to 21level and found that all abilities appear. So only the two items (not setup for Elves and Sixth Sense text) that stood out.

EDIT2: Tried Guumsh and found that all abilities appear. Could not see any issues after EEKeeper to 21st level.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Raduziel
    @Necromanx2 Great reports as always. I'll fix both as soon as I get home
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited October 2019
    @Raduziel Can I use the Paladin kits from F&Ps with DoF? I know they aren't compatible but is that because of the sphere system only or is there a bigger disconnect?

Here's a weird one. When I opened BG2EE to take a look at the classes under Cleric, they all show as invalid? What's up there, do you think? (this is with the one you gave me last night)

They worked fine with BGEE.

I'm gonna uninstall/reinstall and see what happens.

Here's a weird one. When I opened BG2EE to take a look at the classes under Cleric, they all show as invalid? What's up there, do you think? (this is with the one you gave me last night)

Need to investigate. Probably some mismatch with FnP.

Need your Weidu.log and DetirsofFaerun-Setup.debug

Thanks
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited October 2019

Need to investigate. Probably some mismatch with FnP.

Need your Weidu.log and DetirsofFaerun-Setup.debug

Thanks

I didn't install DoF yet.

Do you still need the weidu.log and where do I find that?

I just reinstalled and getting the same invalid for the kits. I just reinstalled BG2EE yesterday so it's the latest.

Oops, I just checked, it's not just you. It's ALL kits I've installed. Let me contact Beamdog, I guess.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Just tried Sixth Sense on Corellon and found that when I look at the character sheet, the entire description shows in the effects window. It seems to work as described, just the mass of text in the effects window.

EDIT: EEKeeper up to 21level and found that all abilities appear. So only the two items (not setup for Elves and Sixth Sense text) that stood out.

EDIT2: Tried Guumsh and found that all abilities appear. Could not see any issues after EEKeeper to 21st level.

Both issues fixed on Github.
    I realise that you are intensely busy with many things, irl, fixing bugs, as well as the next kit, etc. but you seemed to have agreed that the Vermin sphere is a bit lacking in spell selection and I was wondering if you had given any thought to some ideas of how you might spice it up? if not totally understandable given have much you already have to do but it is just my curiosity and thank you as always for your hard work.

I have a Bloodstalker of Urdlen save on hold waiting for such a possibility so I have a vested interested, hehe.
    @LupusSolus

Actually, I'm having second thoughts about the Vermin sphere.

It does have less spells when compared to some other spheres but have you checked what spells does it have?

Web, Summon Insects, Insect Plague, Creeping Doom...

Pretty much all spells that owns the game from Candlekeep to Hell.

It also has Spider Spawn that I discovered to be a very undervalued summon - especially when combined with Haste and Strength of One.

I do plan on making Lolth's Spiderwalk available in the Vermin sphere but I think that it will be it - no more changes for that sphere.
    Zaghoul