Skip to content

Complete & up-to-date spell list (priest & wizard)

ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
Does anybody happen to know where I can find a complete list of all spells available in IWD I: EE?

So far I could only find spell lists from the original IWD I but after double-checking, there have been changes to the EE editions.
After an internal search, there is also a list from 2015 here but it seems to be limited to wizard spells.
So, both lists are neither complete nor up-to-date.
Post edited by ATigersClaw on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Check out the game manual (it is in manuals folder inside your main game folder, or online - under the Manuals tab at https://www.icewinddale.com/ ).
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    I was searching desperately and missed one of the most obvious solutions, thank you!
    After thoroughly checking and comparing the available spells in the IWD I: EE manual it seems that some listed there are not in the game:
    • Chaos Shield
    • Improved Chaos Shield
    • Expeditious Retreat (Priest version)
    • Nahal's Reckless Dweomer

I double-checked by leveling-up a sorcerer who can choose from all available spells on level-ups and a priest for the priest spells.
    Do the above-mentioned spells still exist or have they been removed from the game @JuliusBorisov?

PS: On the other hand "Cause Medium Wounds" and "Cure Medium Wounds" are not listed in the manual but are in the game.
  • Warrax01Warrax01 Member Posts: 20
    Chaos shield
    Improved chaos shield
    Nahal's reckless dweomer

Those 3 are only for wild mages, so i doubt a sorcerer would get to pick them?
    Thank you, that resolves part of my question @Warrax01.
    I knew there had to be such a simple solution.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    About priests - make sure you cleric's alignment lets them cast these spells. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/834356/#Comment_834356
    I checked for that but the priest version of Expeditious Retreat as mentioned in the manual on page 258 is nowhere to be found.
    Any official statement whether it has been removed from the game later on @JuliusBorisov?
    This spell (any spell, wizard/priest) was initially planned but was cut prior to the release of the original game (IWD vanilla). We added a version for wizards, but I guess the mention of a cleric spell in the manual is still an oversight.
    Thank you for clearing that up @JuliusBorisov.