Skip to content

Working cheats for BG:EE?

2»

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    What version of the game are you running?
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46

The ini file itself looks perfect.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2016
    OK - for version 2.3 you should be editing a lua file not an INI file.

You will find it in your Documents/Game folder...

You need to check and add this line if it's not already there.
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Then, when in game you can activate the console by pressing ctrl+space and type the commands in.

The commands should all begin C:

So for example, to create a Bag Of Holding you would type:

C:CreateItem('BAG31')
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    Awesome, thank you much! I'll have to update my walkthrough as well. I had it working in the my previous install but that was a few months ago (different laptop).
    Mr2150
  • Cheats in BG EE + SoD by Bemdog downloaded from site do not work? How to change Baldur.lua ? How to open cheats consloe then?
    anastiel
  • lwcool_elwcool_e Member Posts: 1
    I am replaying the pc version and cannot get the file to save after adding the line Cheats=1.
    It keeps saying access denied. Im using an old Sony Vaio so yeah enough said. Can any one help???
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Cheats in BG EE + SoD by Bemdog downloaded from site do not work? How to change Baldur.lua ? How to open cheats consloe then?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later
  • Dragunov615Dragunov615 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    I have beaten the game many times now and I know I missed a lot of weapons or equipment that I forgot to obtain . I wanna know how to cheat baldur's gate I wanna spawn Items but I don't know how in my phone I search some file I saw this baldurs.ini I know I'm not allowed to mess with it but how to enable the cheat on android and how to use it can you guys help me
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Dragunov615, it is a bit different but the best way I have found to add items in the android version is to have access to a PC and setup in accordance with this discussion. Then add EEKeeper and make any changes to the game you want...

Gus
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • VanillaCokeMuleVanillaCokeMule Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    Ah, so, quick question: I'm trying to add a scroll for Spellstrike to my inventory but I get an error every time I try to enter the command. Mind, this is for BG2 EE, though the command console and everything have worked the exact same as BG EE thus far. Here's what I typed exactly:
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL9M")
    CreateItem("SCRL9M")

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, here? Am I missing something unique to BG2 EE?

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer in a different thread.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @VanillaCokeMule Yes, in the EE's "CLUAConsole" has been replaced by "C", so it would be:

C:CreateItem("scrl9m")
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • nmbr1ddynmbr1ddy Member Posts: 1
    Hey I got both ee off of steam and and the programs debug to the other programs in the lua file but when I hit ctrl and space it just pauses the game. Any thoughts?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @nmbr1ddy, just want to make sure that you have the right string (and I am thinking you have BGEE v2.x installed):

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

It could also be the way that you are selecting the keys. Press CTRL, and while still pressing, press the Space Bar.

Gus
    JuliusBorisovlolienanastiel
  • sundog005sundog005 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    Copy/pasted from Steam Forums...credit to Borknagaar there, thanks -
    [GUIDE] Adding Debug Mode for 2.0
    For those who may have had the game uninstalled until recently (owing to the new DLC), the old Baldur.ini file has been changed to Baldur.lua, this post will show you where and how to include the command to enable Debug Mode. It's more or less the same, but format is different.

Anyone who has done this manually before probably would have been able to guess it was this, but this is strictly for those who didn't/were confused by new strings. It's better than the weird SQL database layout EE had initially.

1. Open Baldur.lua (Notepad++, etc will do this)
    2. Add the following line: SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    3. Start Game
    4. CTRL+Space Console hype :D (with convenient inbuilt mechanisms (gold, xp, travel)).
    Post edited by sundog005 on