Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

Comments

• StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
    If I want to install this for OlvynChuru's new spells, does it matter where it is in order?
    OlvynChuru
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2019
    @Stormfin: You should install EEex from the latest master branch, (here), before installing OlvynSpells. As long as it's placed before, the rest of the order doesn't matter. :)
    OlvynChurufearlessStormfinCrevsDaak
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited November 2019
    Does EEex allow for new 2e base classes and multiclass combinations? What about free multiclassing like in 3e but compatible with other mods so far? What about the option to point buy or roll stats for characters? (I know IWDII has much of this natively.)

Does EEex allow characters to have different equippable body slots than normal? More spells known/per day than currently possible in EET? How can/should the UI be adjusted/adjustable to compensate? (I'd like the ability for users to add spells and the engine and UI to be able to keep up.)

Would EEex in its current form or in a near-future form also allow the integration of Planescape: Torment into EET?

Would EEex allow for more than 6 characters in the party simultaneously? What about more than 6 players connected to a game/server for multiplayer? What about a GM/DM mode where the GM can spawn/delete/modify characters/creatures/items in real time, move units, transition areas, etc.?

Would EEex allow for creature stats below 1 and above 25?

Would EEex allow for a true turn-based combat mode? If not, how close is possible/practical in the near-term?

Would EEex allow for summoned creatures, familiars, and other minions with thieving skills to steal from stores?

Would EEex allow for the creation/implementation of different sorts of 'spell' systems like 3.5's incarnum, Binders, Psionics, Shadowcasters, Truenamers, and martial adepts (Tome of Battle characters/Crusader, Swordsage, Warblade, etc.)?

Would EEex allow multiclassing/dual classing between different kits of the same base class like Fighter (Kensai)/Fighter (Berserker)/Fighter (no kit)?

Would EEex allow dual classing more than once per character? Multiclassing to have 4+ classes simultaneously?

Would EEex allow spells/similar abilities to require special conditions to perform, such as only being able to cast a spell between 8 AM and 4 PM, requiring material components/money/EXP/levels, casting a spell if the caster's X stat is exactly/at least/at most Y, and allowing spells/abilities to refresh at a different rate than after finishing a long rest?

Would EEex allow the setting/removal/modification of custom hotkeys to abilities (CONTROL/ALT/SHIFT+_) like in the original BGII?

Would EEex allow users to totally customize their F1-F12 hotbars to be more flexible like in WoW or Divinity: Original Sin II? (The presets are generally OK, but there are certain abilities I simply don't want on that bar and I want others in their place.)

Does EEex have the ability to set a party member's (or another creature's) EXP to a certain value/level and let them relevel from 0/1 like in Knights of the Old Republic or respeccing in Divinity: Original Sin II?

Does EEex allow the easy tagging, categorization, and sorting of items? For example, can potions be tagged as [Potion], [Consumable] with healing potions also tagged as a healing ([Healing]) item? What about items that deal [Fire] or [Cold] or [Magic] damage? What about [Arcane] or [Divine] scrolls or wands? What about [(Not) Equippable] items or items [(Not) Equippable By Current Character] or [Quickslot] items?

Does EEex allow players to enter a text string to find the location of items in inventory, in a container, or at a vendor? (This makes finding something in a large list SO much faster!) Preferably, this would include or be heavy inspiration for a mod that let players search the inventories of every vendor they've already met to quickly find who has what and for what price.

Does EEex allow mod authors to make new EET-compatible campaigns and start points for the current campaigns? I'd like to be able to experience EE engine adventures in Eberrron, Athas/Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Krynn/Dragonlance, and others! (Planar Sphere/Planescape/Spelljammer/Plane Shift/Portals/Gates, away!)

Does EEex allow the execution of arbitrary executable programs on the user's computer? If so, this seems dangerous.
    Post edited by Endarire on
    BubbFlashburn
  • fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
    I think you are putting to much on EEex, its not a magic one stop solution, but a tool that hopefully will expand on some of the features in the game engine.

Most of your questions really are about a specific mod being created by a modder to do the thing you suggested. So its up to modders to implement some of them if possible. Some would take considerable time and effort, and some are probably not feasable.

Some of the questions cannot be achieved by any modding due to engine hard coding or limitations: party members greater than 6 for example.
    Would EEex in its current form or in a near-future form also allow the integration of Planescape: Torment into EET?

Related discussion: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30500-pst-in-eet-feasibility/
    Does EEex allow mod authors to make new EET-compatible campaigns and start points for the current campaigns?

No. The game engine can already be customized to point to different campaigns by modifying the UI.MENU and using. See https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1102538/#Comment_1102538
    I'd like to be able to experience EE engine adventures in Eberrron, Athas/Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Krynn/Dragonlance, and others! (Planar Sphere/Planescape/Spelljammer/Plane Shift/Portals/Gates, away!)

Thats down to modders creating mods or total conversions for those
    Does EEex allow the execution of arbitrary executable programs on the user's computer? If so, this seems dangerous.

Not any more than a weidu mod, a batch file, or any other mod related programs, or mod related setup/install tools you might download and run.
    leeuxswitCrevsDaakBubb
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    swit wrote: »
    Would EEex allow for creature stats below 1 and above 25?
    I think stats above 25 feature has been implemented by @OlvynChuru in his High Power mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60325/mod-high-power-baldurs-gate-v2-2-2#latest

It hasn't. What the mod does do is make it so characters can get damage resistances higher than 127 or lower than -128. It might be possible to do something similar with ability scores, but it would be trickier.
    swit
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Endarire wrote: »
    Would EEex allow spells/similar abilities to require special conditions to perform, such as only being able to cast a spell between 8 AM and 4 PM, requiring material components/money/EXP/levels, casting a spell if the caster's X stat is exactly/at least/at most Y, and allowing spells/abilities to refresh at a different rate than after finishing a long rest?

Would EEex allow the setting/removal/modification of custom hotkeys to abilities (CONTROL/ALT/SHIFT+_) like in the original BGII?

Does EEex have the ability to set a party member's (or another creature's) EXP to a certain value/level and let them relevel from 0/1 like in Knights of the Old Republic or respeccing in Divinity: Original Sin II?
    All this can be done in vanilla EE already, although the first one I hope EEex can improve how it's implemented because currently I think it's more of a dirty thing you can do because of how rich the engine is rather than something that's intended to be done. Second one I'm not so sure if you can remap ctrl/alt/shift but you can map abilities just like in BG2 to otherwise unused keys, just go to the Assign Keys menu under Gameplay Options. SCS implements the third one.

Some of your questions are either really hard or outright impossible to get working, even if the source was available.
    fearlessswitBubb
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    swit wrote: »
    For example in a mod that I'm currently working on whole spellcasting functionality has been rewritten from scratch using EEex functionality, so implementing stuff like Psionic spellcasting with it is indeed very much doable (since it no longer depends on hardcoded functionality).
    I'd love to see Psionic manifesting as a mod since Psionics Unleashed is seemingly abandoned and doesn't work beyond patch 1.3. I'd be even more interested if this new spellcasting system included Metamagic and Metapsionics.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Hello, dear Bubb!
    I installed EEex and your spell menu for IWDEE, but I get an error message on running the game and the menu doesn't appear. This window appears:
    7hi5a9kn8ojx.jpg
    Can I fix this?
    Bubb
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Thanks, Bubb! It now works perfectly!
    lolienBubbCrevsDaak
  • Rickert9019Rickert9019 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    i installed this with the spell menu mod but im having issues now spells like spell turning, spell deflection, and shield of the archons are not protecting form the correct amount of spell lvls allso some spells seem to be protecting from themselves and dropping instantly another thing i just tested spells seem to go strait through spell trap but it will still restore casts
    i also made a fresh install of bg2ee and just put in EEex 0.7 and still had the same problem
    Bubb
    edited December 2019
    @Rickert9019: That was a very nasty bug - surprising you're the first person to catch it.

EEex v0.7.1-alpha is now released to fix spell protections - download here!
    GrammarsaladLudwig_IIFlashburnlolien
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I noticed the spell reflection bug, but I have so many mods its difficult to do any thorough testing. I am also noticing some issues with stoneskin. It seems like it is often auto-refreshing itself. Some SCS wizards are almost unbeatable, stoneskins keep coming back without triggers or sequencers. Can someone look into this? eeex 71 didnt fix.
    Bubb
    edited December 2019
    @seraglio: Are you saying that the spell protections still aren't fixed, even with EEex v0.7.1-alpha installed? Very odd, I can't reproduce either the aforementioned spell-protection burnout, or the stoneskin reapplication. Might be a mod-only conflict between EEex and SCS though, so I'll have to test that out.

In the mean time, could you zip and upload EEex_Opc.lua, found in your override folder? I want to make sure that my previous fix is being applied.
    I didn't retest the spell reflection stuff because I disabled it. As for stoneskin (is that also a "spell protection"?), it just keeps reapplying itself , over and over. Not sure if its the same symptom or not. Might be "olvyn spells" specific. Opcode 218 was changed to allow a spell to fire when the last skin was expired. Could it be defaulting to reapplying the spell the called it in the first place?
    I have another question. I hope its not too general or ignorant.

What does EEEX interact with mod wise?

The reason I ask is because I just noticed .71 alpha reinstalled a bunch of mods. I mod myself, without weidu, thus any mod that reinstalls other mods I cant use, it wipes out my work. I didn't expect EEEX to reinstall simple old mods like Item Upgrades, but it did. Is this a standard weidu thing you can't avoid? Or is it actually necessary to reinstall for the changes EEEX introduces to work?
    edited December 2019
    A perfectly valid question - that's standard WeiDU. When you uninstall a mod it basically unwinds the install list up to the mod you are uninstalling, then reinstalls them after it's done uninstalling. To my knowledge this is to make sure mods installed after the one you are uninstalling reflect the change, in case they relied on / reacted to the mod you're removing.

EEex on its own is completely modular and doesn't directly affect other mods. Most EEex updates can be done manually by copying EEex\copy files to the override folder, and EEex\loader files to the game's base directory. Note that if you do this WeiDU won't "know" about the update, so automatic WeiDU stuff might not work correctly in regards to EEex should you alter your installed mods in the future, (should be OK if your lineup of mods is fairly concrete).

(Edit: Note that overriding EEex files like this has the potential to override any of the edits you made to EEex files. Additionally, m__skill.lua should probably be left alone, as that file is dynamically populated by other mods).
    Awesome, thanks a ton for the explanation. I'll do a manual install of any future updates.
    Getting maybe a little closer to the stoneskin issue.

It happens most frequently when the stoneskin is called through an intermediary, like opcode 146. If I simply cast spwi408.spl, the stoneskin does not constantly reapply. If I modify a potion of stone form to cast spell (146) to spwi408.spl, the stoneskin reapplys infinitely. I think the intermediary is interacting with the new feature, carrying over the name of the calling spell, making it fire when the last stoneskin goes off. in a loop.
    Bubblolien
    @seraglio Oh, right. I think I once encountered this problem with Stoneskin refreshing itself when I was creating some effect for one of my mods.

I think the problem only happens when the resource field in the Stoneskin effect is blank. Setting it to the name of a SPL that doesn't exist (like UGU or something like that) should prevent it from looping.

This is still an issue that needs to be fixed.
    Bubb
    edited December 2019
    @seraglio: The default behavior of the EEex Opcode #218 modification is to apply resref + "B" when all layers are lost. You wouldn't perhaps have "SPWI408B.SPL" in your override, would you?

Could you zip up and upload your SPWI408.SPL, (and SPWI408B.SPL if it exists), and the modified potion which you say causes the bug?
    OlvynChuru
    I have nearinfinity 2.1-20180615

I thought I downloaded the branch for eeex. But I don't see a "resource" field for opcode 218. Do I have the right version and if not can someone provide a link? I find Gith Hubs branches confusing and may have downloaded the wrong one
    edited December 2019
    That is the version my branch is on, (I haven't updated it in a while, but it still works fine). Here's a direct link to the modified jar that supports (some of) EEex: link.

Edit: Also, this is what the field should look like:
    0tpuyndm7wid.png
    @Bubb
    Bubb wrote: »
    The default behavior of the EEex Opcode #218 modification is to apply resref + "B" when all layers are lost. You wouldn't perhaps have "SPWI408B.SPL" in your override, would you?

It might be better to only apply a spell when all layers are lost if a spell is specified in the resource field of the stoneskin effect.