Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

1141516171820»

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Grab it quick, it may disappear.
    ArthasKilivitzleeux
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Is there any particular reason you splitted the skins? Or are skins the singular versions?

Because the UI engine was not made to easily handle multiple skins.
    Arthas
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    lefreut wrote: »
    • here to download the BG2EE skin.
    • here to download the BG1EE skin.
    • here to download the SoD skin.
    • here to download the mod for IWDEE.

Didn't fix the Save screen logo misplacement. Maybe its my setup? Obviously not a big deal lol
    When you talk about skins you are referring to different appearances of the Ui and not to different versions of the mod. Am I wrong ? I always just installed the version bundled within the first post, that's why I m kinda confused
    Arthas wrote: »
    When you talk about skins you are referring to different appearances of the Ui and not to different versions of the mod. Am I wrong ? I always just installed the version bundled within the first post, that's why I m kinda confused

The first three mods are the same in term of content and are for the same games (BG1EE with or without SoD, BG2EE and EET). The only differences is the look. And they are self-contain, you only need to install one, pick the skin you like the most.

The last one is only for IWDEE and with a IWDEE skin.
    ArthasIsewein
    lefreut wrote: »
    • here to download the BG2EE skin.
    • here to download the BG1EE skin.
    • here to download the SoD skin.
    • here to download the mod for IWDEE.

Didn't fix the Save screen logo misplacement. Maybe its my setup? Obviously not a big deal lol

You can check your weidu log to ensure that you have 3.9.1 and not 3.9.

You can also fix it by yourself if you don't want to reinstall, open the UI.menu file and search for:
    text "SAVE_TITLE"

The previous line should be:
    area 162 6 700 50

leeux
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Arthas wrote: »
    Apart from me, did you receive any report about missing text from the people using your UI ?

I may have this exact bug in my current EET game. Essentially, sometimes while you're in a conversation and do some scrolling up and down in the chat window, some conversation lines will disappear. It doesn't happen right away, but the longer you play, the more it seems to accumulate. Reloading will reset it, but seemingly only for awhile. Anyway, if you keep the conversation going, the lost lines will reappear again when they get pushed higher up in the chat box, i.e. the most recent lines are the ones ending up lost, or invisible. This also only happens while in conversations -- when one ends, the chat box will look normal again if you scroll through it, containing all the convo lines.

Though, sadly, with lefreut now apparently banned, I guess this is all more for the sake of posterity.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it will be sad to see him go. lets just hope the mods stay up for those that don't want to use Dragonspear ui++
    edited November 2019
    @Shin damn, I've been reporting this bug for a very long period and you are the first person that actually has it too. Is's a shame Lefreut is not there aynmore :(

Edit: by the way, I think it is an EET centric problem.
    Post edited by Arthas on
    AciferShin
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited November 2019
    @Shin @Arthas I think I know which bug you're referring to, and I think it is the case that it may not be possible to resolve that issue without Beamdog first fixing the engine bug that makes font sizes unpredictable inside UI list elements.
    ArthasleeuxShinIsewein
    Adul thank you for the insightful post. If it turns out to be an engine problem I will be very disappointed..
    Adul
  • SenSayNyuSenSayNyu Member Posts: 20
    Very sad news indeed.
    Thels wrote: »
    Darn... a great contributor to the modding scene has been lost :(

Any idea what happened?

Any idea what happened?

he was not very happy with how the forum was and was planning on leaving. i believe he just requested for his account to be closed it just shows up as banned.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Unfortunately, he was actually banned, apparently over a heated discussion that got deleted since. I wasn't there so I don't know any details.
    HaHaCharademegamike15Ravenslight
    megamike15 wrote: »

Any idea what happened?

he was not very happy with how the forum was and was planning on leaving. i believe he just requested for his account to be closed it just shows up as banned.

I dunno he looked like he had decided to stick around.
    Adul wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he was actually banned, apparently over a heated discussion that got deleted since. I wasn't there so I don't know any details.

That's a shame
    yeah he moved alll of his mods over to g3. so you gotta go there if you want to use his ui mods.
    agris
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 207
    Good UI.

My only issue with it is the reversal of the exit button with the other. The sad part is that you cannot customize it to revert it to "vanilla" placement.
  • onetoomanycatsonetoomanycats Member Posts: 1
    I'm late to the party here but this looks like I'd like to try it, except there's no .exe to run in the archive, as the readme mentions. Is there another method to use?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 480
    I'm late to the party here but this looks like I'd like to try it, except there's no .exe to run in the archive, as the readme mentions. Is there another method to use?
    BG2EE skin : https://github.com/r-e-d/LeUI/releases
    BGEE SoD skin : https://github.com/r-e-d/LeUI-SoD/releases/tag/v4.7
    BGEE skin: https://github.com/r-e-d/LeUI-BG1EE/releases/tag/v4.7

Take the .zip file.
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    edited January 29
    I'm testing out and comparing different UI mod at the moment...

I am not using any NPC portrait mod, (i.e., a mod that adds portraits to NPC that are not companion or quest-related.) When my character talks to those NPC, the dialogue box has a big blank space where the portrait is supposed to be. Is there anyway to eliminate that space for NPC that does not have a portrait?