Skip to content

When will there be a fix for the NVIDIA gpu driver so I can use the latest gpu drivers?

The NVIDIA driver to fix the toolset issue (brought up a while ago) is not a current driver for my gpu. When I install the newest drivers, the toolset breaks again.. Is there a fix in the works to allow the newest NVIDIA drivers to work with the toolset?

My card: GeForce GTX 660

I don't like having to swap drivers out every time I play a game or use the toolset. Please fix !!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I don't believe we are able to do anything about that. Hopefully, NVidia will release drivers where that issue isn't happening. BTW, there is a workaround posted in the Toolset thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1062040/#Comment_1062040
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 182
    Thanks Julius, but I don't know where to find the "Driver Settings" option?
    I have the latest version of Windows 10
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Found it!

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the headache
  • Chokra_BroodslayerChokra_Broodslayer Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2019
    I have the newest Nvidia driver. To get it to work, I just had to right click on the desktop, select Nvidia Control Panel, make sure you're selected under 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings, click on Program Settings tab, select nwtoolset.exe from the list, turn off Threaded Optimization even if it's set to auto instead of on. For me, the low latency mode wasn't even an option I could select.

That allowed the Toolset to run and not crash. It also allowed me to load modules, which I could not do before.

The only problem still is that my NPCs give me .2da errors (just running the base NWN:EE, no add-ons, no special TLK) but yet lots of categories are missing or empty in the Toolset and when you test the module the NPCs do not appear as normal due to the .2da error. I already uninstalled the game from Steam and re-installed it and I get the exact same issue.