Skip to content

Contest: Gotta Scalp 'Em All

Let's have a contest: who can collect the most bandit scalps in a single run.

The only rule is that you can't use cheats to create them - apart from that how you get them is up to you.

Screenshots of the scalps in your inventory or in Officer Vai's possession must be provided.

Good luck and happy scalping everybody!
StummvonBordwehrspacejawsAntarean0475[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovmonicoAciferkansasbarbarianAdul

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Rest Encounters spawn 10 bandits in Larswood and Peldvale, so the only real limit is inventory space. Larswood is better, as it only spawns bandits, while Peldvale can also spawn spiders.
    Antarean0475StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovkansasbarbarian
  • Antarean0475Antarean0475 Member Posts: 14
    10-20 is all I have patience for. I wonder how Officer Vai can tell they are bandit scalps anyway? Does she check their DNA?
    monicolost1Mathsorcererkansasbarbarian
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    The only way this contest makes sense is if you throw away all random encounter loot. Otherwise it's just who can press the rest button the most.
    monicoConjurerDragon
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    aw shoot, in my previous run i handed in more than 100, but this current run i think i'm only around 80 or so
    Permidion_StarkTrauerweidekansasbarbarian
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    aw shoot, in my previous run i handed in more than 100, but this current run i think i'm only around 80 or so

I just got my first. Only another 99 to go and I will catch you.
    6jn9zwq9ttqb.png

sarevok57TrauerweidekansasbarbarianFenrirWolfganger
  • TrauerweideTrauerweide Member Posts: 27
    I am not sure but I had like 50-60 B)
    Tonight I got lucky and got waylaid by bandits:
    jbk8d93jxwcd.png
    And now I am up to thirteen
    c5k7ukhqogs8.png
    sarevok57
  • Antarean0475Antarean0475 Member Posts: 14
    Forget bandit scalps; we need more winter wolf pelts to advance in levels and to get gold pieces for nice items like magic wands.
    sarevok57
    On my latest run I managed to get 94 scalps. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take them to Officer Vai before I flooded the Cloakwood Mine and so by the time I went back to the Jovial Juggler to sell her my haul the roads were open again and she had cleared off to Baldur's Gate. Fortunately, the guy at the Nashkel Store will buy them (though I have no idea why he would want them - I wouldn't have thought they have much resale value).

Anyway, here is my haul:
    ehtvfjqqq69b.png

So 94 is the target. Who is going to beat it?
    hmmm, that is odd, even if you complete the bandit camp and defeat daveron, as long as you have scalps in your inventory vai should still offer to buy them from you

i've sold her bandit scalps in chapter 6/7
    edited November 2019
    hmmm, that is odd, even if you complete the bandit camp and defeat daveron, as long as you have scalps in your inventory vai should still offer to buy them from you

Maybe I should go back to the Jovial Juggler and see if I missed her? The thing is on this run I totally forgot to go and speak to her after clearing the Nashkel Mine so I have a feeling that because I didn't speak to her before clearing Cloakwood she doesn't spawn at all.

I will go back later and have a look for her. Mind you I kind of hope she is not there because now I don't have a single scalp for her and she will think I am totally useless.

EDIT: I did go back and she's definitely not there. So it seems you do need to talk to her before opening the roads to Baldur's Gate or she will just pack up and go home.
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    sarevok57Balrog99
    okay, just started a new bg run ( from good ol' restartitis ) and here is my haul in from finishing the nashkiel mines;
    o0hanyngqv66.jpg

lets see how many we get this time round, and since they will be a gold piece run, im going to guess around 100 or so
    Permidion_Stark
    and here are some more...
    af96aydzrfh5.jpg
    o4cwts235o0g.jpg

Permidion_Stark
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I'm up to 54 sold to Vai plus quite a few more sold down in Nashkel. Already been to Cloakwood and cleared out most of the wilderness. Going to need that 10 bandit ambush soon if I'm going to hit the magic 100 target.
    sarevok57
    okay, just finished peldvale and larswood, and here is my new total;
    84 and counting... and i didn't even rest spawn those in either

l9uuu2q4mm4a.jpg

and now it is off to the bandit camp to collect some more :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Maybe I should go back to the Jovial Juggler and see if I missed her? The thing is on this run I totally forgot to go and speak to her after clearing the Nashkel Mine so I have a feeling that because I didn't speak to her before clearing Cloakwood she doesn't spawn at all.

Correct. After you've talked to her once she will remain unless and until you speak with her after the Bandit Camp without any scalps to sell. However, you need to speak with her after the Nashkel Mine and before the Bandit Camp or she will disappear for good.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Just as an aside, never talk to her when you have no scalps if you have an evil party - it gets you nothing but +1 rep that you probably don't want.
    Grond0ZaghoulStummvonBordwehrkansasbarbarian
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    On this run I turned in 102. My Dwarven barbarian is a real headhunter.
    sarevok57
    okay, just cleaned out the bandit camp, and brought my new haul in;
    apgb7npr7n48.jpg

and then i went up north a bit to hunt some ankhegs and visit durlag's and i found a bit more...
    yoxqlbm53dw6.jpg

and now it is off to the cloakwood forest to flesh out some more bandit baddies

just finished the cloakwood, and now it's off to BG the city
    zr710rkvbgfg.jpg
    Permidion_StarkStummvonBordwehr
    @sarevok57

Wow! That is some impressive scalping. I've picked up a couple more that I am planning to carry down to Nashkel and I think I may be able to edge up to about 100 but I don't think there is any way I am going to be able to catch you.
    I think I'm on 72 and I've got another 16 in my inventory. In Baldur's Gate now though so running out of opportunities to find more.
    Incidentally, does anyone in BG city buy the scalps? Not like the gold matters anymore, they are just taking up inventory slots so I'm prepared to offload them at a low price.
    @Pingwin the wizard dude at sorcerus sundries might buy them ( he is my go to guy for selling stuff in bg the city and im pretty sure he buys anything that is worth money even wyvern heads )

@PermidionStark yup, and then i got A.D.D. and started a bg2 play through, i think at this point in the game there is only.... 2 more scalps i can pick up unless i get waylaid by the 10 bandit group baddies when i either finish durlag's tower or come out of the candlekeep dungeon
    Permidion_Stark
    I've reached 98. I was surprised to stumble across a couple of bandits in Baldur's Gate itself so they pushed my total just a bit higher.
    w3wizyzof6sr.png
    sarevok57
    Bandits in BG itself? Never seen that before. Where did it happen?
    Pingwin wrote: »
    Bandits in BG itself? Never seen that before. Where did it happen?

I can't remember. I meant to make a note of it at the time but I forgot to take a screenshot. I think it was some fairly inconsequential encounter where a couple of the bad guys just happened to be bandits.
    Is it mod related? I'm sure I must have been in every building in the city and never seen a bandit.
    Pingwin wrote: »
    Is it mod related? I'm sure I must have been in every building in the city and never seen a bandit.

I guess it could be. I'll let you know if it ever happens again. It might be a while before I get another character all the way to Baldur's Gate though. I always play no reloads and I generally manage to get myself killed before I reach the city.