Skip to content

Player Resource Consortium is BACK!

The PRC is the largest ever custom content release for Neverwinter Nights, with over 220 classes, 1500 feats, 1500 spells, 130 races, Psionics, the Tome of Battle, Truenaming, Invocations, Templates, Epic Spellcasting, Crafting and so much more, all taken directly from official Dungeons and Dragons material published by Wizards of the Coast. 

This time around we're very proud to bring you PnP Grappling, Charging, Bull Rushing, Overrunning, and Tripping! All with prestige classes, feats, maneuvers, and other content to support.

In addition we've got our usual array of bonus content, with 3 races, 1 base class, 16 prestige classes, 75 feats, and more added in this release! The full change list can be found at http://www.stillevande.com/prc/bugtracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=13

Grab it on NWVault:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortium-v36
Or on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647391559

The PRC is compatible with NWN EE

Come support us (and choose what content we build!):
https://www.patreon.com/nwnprc

We love to chat with you:
https://discord.gg/aQ4CZpg

Report Issues Here:
http://www.stillevande.com/prc/bugtracker/index.php?do=tasklist&project=1

JuliusBorisovFlashburnKamigoroshiIllustairstargazerb

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    @Stratovarius - Thank you

Quick question - How do we go about customizing what is in and what is out of the PRC for a single player campaign ?

There's simply too much in the PRC for my taste, including stuff that is wayy out of sync with everything else that's in the OC.

It kinda dilutes my NWN experience with endless prestige/base classes & feats/skills.

Otherwise, it's great.
  • StratovariusStratovarius Member Posts: 30
    If classes are your primary concern, extract classes.2da from prc_2das.hak, find the classes you don't like, and change PlayerClass to 0 instead of 1.

In Feat.2da, AllClassesCanUse does more or less the same thing.

In Spells.2da, there's a series of columns called Bard/Cleric/Wiz+Sorc, etc. Change the numbers in those columns to ****

There's also a script based way of disabling content, but that's more intended for persistent worlds and the like.
    DerpCitydunahan
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Thanks ! :)
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Stratovarius First of all, it's good to see you release this latest version of the PRC for NWN:EE. Question: Is the PRC compatible with Shadooow's Community Patch 1.72? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    We're not. We overwrite almost everything player-facing in the game (visuals excepted), and have a truly extensive list of changes to bring NWN closer to the PnP experience (most of which are switches that can be configured for those who want to).

In PRC News:
    We have released PRC 3.6.1, and the big news this time out is...

The Module Updater is BACK! You'll find this wonderful tool in your /Hak folder, along with PRC.hif, which is its best companion. Double click on it, navigate to your NWN install, and you can automatically install the PRC into almost any module you like with the click of a button.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647391559
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortium-v361
    Prince_RaymondKamigoroshi
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    @Stratovarius First of all, it's good to see you release this latest version of the PRC for NWN:EE. Question: Is the PRC compatible with Shadooow's Community Patch 1.72? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

I will answer that for you. Basically none of the big packages like CEP Q or PRC supports CPP. They are not including any of the fixes CPP provided.

Nevertheless, CPP is compatible with everything including PRC. But because PRC does not support CPP, you won't get all fixes and features. But that is all good, that is how CPP is designed - to not break anything, so you can use PRC with CPP just fine (but you see old bugs again).
    JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • StabbyJoe962StabbyJoe962 Member Posts: 1
    Will the prc be updated to use these new nwnplayer.ini options

[ServerOptions]
    AttackBonusLimit=20
    DamageBonusLimit=100
    SavingThrowBonusLimit=20
    AbilityBonusLimit=12
    AbilityPenaltyLimit=30
    SkillBonusLimit=50
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The Module Updater is BACK! You'll find this wonderful tool in your /Hak folder, along with PRC.hif, which is its best companion. Double click on it, navigate to your NWN install, and you can automatically install the PRC into almost any module you like with the click of a button.

@Stratovarius Any chances of seeing the Module Updater getting a Mac or Linux release as welldown the line? Could really help those who do not play natively on Windows OS or Wine.
    @Stabby - Those are set by the player. PRC will happily take advantage of them if they're set.

@Kamigoroshi - At the moment, it's unlikely.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    If classes are your primary concern, extract classes.2da from prc_2das.hak, find the classes you don't like, and change PlayerClass to 0 instead of 1.

In Spells.2da, there's a series of columns called Bard/Cleric/Wiz+Sorc, etc. Change the numbers in those columns to ****

There's also a script based way of disabling content, but that's more intended for persistent worlds and the like.

Thanks for this. Having way too much and a lot of not-lore-context-friendly stuff in there was also my primary concern. One day i'll spend the time to have a good, customized PRC. :)
    @Stabby - Those are set by the player. PRC will happily take advantage of them if they're set.

@Stratovarius Please forgive this off-topic post. I cannot seem to locate these options in nwnplayer.ini. I have checked from the top line just under [ServerOptions] to the bottom line just above [Banned Ips]. 2 questions:

1. Does the player need to add these options to nwnplayer.ini in order to use them?
    2. What would happen if the values to all these options were set to zero? For example:

[Server Options]
    AttackBonusLimit=0
    DamageBonusLimit=0
    SavingThrowBonusLimit=0
    AbilityBonusLimit=0
    AbilityPenaltyLimit=0
    SkillBonusLimit=0

Since these are in fact limits, would the game interpret them as being unlimited with the above settings? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Such wonderful news!
    You'll need to add them to the .ini yourself.
    And it would be added under [Server Options]
    [Server Options]
    AttackBonusLimit=20
    DamageBonusLimit=100
    SavingThrowBonusLimit=20
    AbilityBonusLimit=12
    AbilityPenaltyLimit=30
    SkillBonusLimit=50
    And it's only good on server side.
    Prince_Raymonddunahan
    edited April 2019
    @Stratovarius Could they at least be set in the single player campaigns (Wailing Death, SoU, HotU)? Just wanted to clarify. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    If you set them yourself they're set for every game you host.
    Prince_Raymond
  • Zane_WolfeZane_Wolfe Member Posts: 6
    True to my previous statement on this very forum, I bought NVN:EE just after reading this. My only regret is that I didn't find out that PRC is back until now. Good to see you again Stratovarious.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    In order to use this I have to make a userpatch.ini file and point to in that file to all the .hak files?
  • dargdarg Member Posts: 4
    Latest update broke the PRC, at least for local modules. Can't load saves and when trying to use a premade character for a new game it says "Invalid character - player login refused. Invalid character class." Reinstalling didn't fix this issue. Tried disabling enforce legal characters and the same issue arises.