Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Installing Mods on OSX

12346»

Comments

• thebeaglebeaglethebeaglebeagle Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    I solved my own problem! In current editions of WeiDU, the application is inside bin/amd64.

(I wrote up the full experience for future Mac Users who may get lost here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77940/how-to-install-mods-portraits-and-sound-sets-for-macos-bgee-purchased-from-app-store/)

Thanks for this awesome thread!

• bananamaxbananamax Member Posts: 3

Step 4: Install the mods!

@subtledoctor has created a nice tool for this, called the Easy Mod Installer for OS X.

Hi every one.
    Im a total noob with modding...
    I tried this guide to install the thalantyr item upgrade for BGEE (v2.5.17.0 in French) on MacOs 10.11.6.
    I have done the 3 first steps, but the link for the Easy Mod Installer is dead...
    Is it possible to install the mod only with the console?

Another question: I can buy katanas from shops in the game, and I found one in Kahrk's body.
    Is there magic katanas in BGEE?

Thanks for everything!

edit:
    I managed to find Mac weidu launcher, thanks to @thebeaglebeagle!!

this is what I have after running the software and choosing Thalantyr:

"Last login: Fri Nov 13 09:23:34 on console
    Air-de-Susu:~ bonbontang2010$ /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app/Contents/Resources/mwl.command ; exit;
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.
    Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Opération terminée]

"

Do you think it worked?

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 1,205
    bananamax wrote: »
    Another question: I can buy katanas from shops in the game, and I found one in Kahrk's body.
    Is there magic katanas in BGEE?

Unless you have a mod that adds items, there is exactly one magical katana in BGEE: a plain +1 katana found in chapter 4.

The "eastern" sword types (katana, wakizashi, ninjato) do have the advantage of not being breakable; presumably, they were made elsewhere and imported to the region, so they aren't affected by the iron crisis. If you wield a nonmagical katana, you don't have to worry about breaking it and needing a replacement.

Thx!
    I get it yesterday in Davaeorn's mines level 3, once again in an ogre-mage.

To get back to my trial of modding the Thalanthyr item upgrade: I have the requirements to create the sword of rage, but nothing happens.
    It seems that it didn't install properly...
    Do you have any ideas (see the log 2 posts ago)