Skip to content

[Mod] Ascalon's Questpack (Kerzenburgforum)

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I picked up the ones in the house and I think that I got all of them in the sewers plus the ones in the Iron Throne. I suppose it is possible that I missed one of the skins in the sewers. If I have they would probably have disappeared by now.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited June 2019
    The code for the gibberling's skin is ACQ18001.ITM and it should be a max of 18.

There should be
    -6 in the West Sewers WSewers [521.2196]
    -8 in the CentralSewers [521.2196] (yes that's the same coordinates as above)
    -4 in the Iron Throne Cellar BaldursGateDocks_IronThrone_Cellar [641.451]

Erm, did anyone actually solve this? Because I see 18 pelts, 18 instances of IncrementGlobal if they are handed over, but a trigger that distinguishes between lower than 20 and 20 skins to finish the quest.

So, if 18 don't finish the quest, you need to cheat in another 2 and talk to him again. I'd appreciate players' feedback on this, as I might have overlooked something, but this is how it looks from scanning the code.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited June 2019
    I haven't finished the quest, but am now in Candlekeep with no savegame to check this. I will see if I can finish the quest upon returning to BG. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

I have finished the quest in my previous set-up. There are also the skins that you get from the house. I don't know at what point the counting starts though, before or after giving him the skins from the house.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Wise_Grimwald If there are more skins then that would explain a lot, but the checking variable is not used anywhere else - at least not in dialogue or script.
    Next time that I play I will carefully note where the skins are. Too late for this game, and let's face it, it doesn't really matter whether or not this quest is finished.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @jastey , firstly, thanks for the mod and the method used (it made fault finding easy) for coding.

I recently installed the Ascelon's Questpack and struck a problem. Unless others are having the same problem, I don't think it needs a fix. From the looks of the discussion here, I don't think other are having the problem...

I will just outline what problem I had and the work around just in case.

Platform/Environment: Generic Gaming Notebook running Windows 10 (1903)
    Game version: BGEE v2.5.17.0 (English)

Symptoms: After installing Ascelon's Questpack v2.05, I tried to start the game and it appeared to stall. No start screen was showing and one of the processors was running at a high percentage The game could only be force closed via Task Manager. This happened on a couple of clean installs.

Some fault finding later, I found that the accent used with fiancée (quest = 'A failed Picnic') was causing the problem. Finding the entry in dialog.tlk showed that it was either corrupt or an unknown character (or indeed the way that the game handles accented characters) and the game was having difficulties when trying to build the quest table. Remarking out the 'createEntry' for this specifc dialog in BGEE.lua allowed the game to start but it wont fix the problem.

After renaming to fiancee in the .tra and reinstalling, the game started without issues.

If any others are having the problem, try this:

Open the file:
    ..\AC_QUEST\tra\english\setup-AC_QUEST.tra

and find the statement:
    --
    @10008 = ~Mrs. Brunnstein in Nashkel misses her Son

I agreed to look for Aaron Brunnstein. The boy went for a mountain trip with his fiancée and was never seen again. Perhaps the ranger Barin in the temple in Nashkel can help us.~
    --

Edit the statement so that it looks like:
    --
    @10008 = ~Mrs. Brunnstein in Nashkel misses her Son

I agreed to look for Aaron Brunnstein. The boy went for a mountain trip with his fiancee and was never seen again. Perhaps the ranger Barin in the temple in Nashkel can help us.~
    --

Reinstall the mod.

Thanks again for the work done in maintaining the mod.
    Gus
    StummvonBordwehrAcifer
    @Gusinda It's curious problem, but nothing related to this mod per se. The conversion to utf-8 using iconv.exe is current mod standard and works fine, the setup.tra is reloaded. If you have such problems on your system then you'll have the same problem with any non-English language version (with non-latin letters) and all English versions which use non-latin letters.
    GusindaBrecherAcifer
    I recently tried to play the game with a character whose name was written in Devengari Script. The game didn't recogise the script at all even though this website does.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @jastey, I thought it is likely to be a local problem (since no-one else has mentioned it). I will just keep it in the back of my mind if I have similar problems with other mods.

Thanks
    Gus
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Gusinda Definitely. I hope my reply didn't sound as if I thought your post unnecessary, that's not the case. The EE engine does have great problems with text format (the old engine didn't crash upon an unknown sysmbol), so drawing attention to this being the cause for all sorts of problems is a good thing.

To the situation: best practice for mods would be to make two different text files separating the mere install lines from the ingame setup lines. This mod has them in one and although this makes no problem ingame (and normally no problem in general), it was what lead to your experiences, which might not have arisen if the setup.tra would contain install lines without symbols, only.
    Wise_GrimwaldGusindaAcifer
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the bg 1 part of the mod seems to work fine but the one quest for bg 2 seems bugged. i do the unseeing eye quest the way i'm supposed to do it to get the boy out of there . and then he gets stuck at the exit and repeats the dialogue where you get him away from the cult.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    the bg 1 part of the mod seems to work fine but the one quest for bg 2 seems bugged. i do the unseeing eye quest the way i'm supposed to do it to get the boy out of there . and then he gets stuck at the exit and repeats the dialogue where you get him away from the cult.

If the (presumed) bug above warrants a new release, please give it a thought about splitting the serpent quest :P
    Wise_Grimwald
    @megamike15 Thanks, noted.
  • lightbringer32lightbringer32 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Jastey,
    Fun quests. I especially enjoyed Flopsy. I'm glad I could help poor Ugh find a new friend.

I'm having an issue with Of Wolves and Men. I've experienced this same issue across 2 playthroughs, one from last year. I have version 2.05.

I'm in the cabin, Tonder awakes after the cutscene and says "Aiwell! I must find her." and disappears. At this point, the quest disappears from my journal. No "finished", no updates, no experience, just gone. Furthermore, Aiwell simply asks if we've helped her husband, with my only available replies being "Not yet" and "It's not to our taste." Her responses are "Please help us." Thalantyr has nothing more to say. I've certainly never seen any sword.

I've poked through the dlg files and don't see any obvious missed triggers or anything, but I'm far from an expert. Any ideas?
    edited October 2019
    Tonder should have appeared at [2881,2677] on the High Hedge map, probably next to Aiwell. But for some reason, the EscapeAreaMove() didn't work, so now Aiwell doesn't see her husband and doesn't trigger the final thank you dialogue. A possible reason - not trying to put the blame here, only trying to understand why it fails - could be that you exited the house while the "EscapeAreaMove()" command was still executing. I'll replace this with something quicker for the next version.
    For your problem: cheat Tonder near Aiwell before talking to her by the command:
    C:CreateCreature("ACQ16003")
    and talk to her again, this should give you the reward dialogue.
    Thank you for reporting, and playing the mod!
    Wise_GrimwaldArthasAcifer
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Please Jastey, for the next version, if possible, you should also split the "serpents of abattoir quest" from all the others.
    @jastey Thanks for posting that. I had just used the same workaround and was going to post it here for others with the same problem.
  • lightbringer32lightbringer32 Member Posts: 19
    Fantastic! I'm going to try that. Thanks Jastey!
    I don't think it was me leaving the house too early. He blipped out without walking. I took the time to go over to the chest and loot it of its aquamarine gem. (don't judge, they won't miss it :P)
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited October 2019
    @lightbringer32 Oh, good to know. (Not "good" actually, because then I have no idea, but hey). (EDIT: Or yes, that explains it. It helps if the installer knows what area code %HighHedge% is supposed to mean. Will be fixed!)
    This will be changed to a different way of moving him, so it should work in the next version. Thanks again or reporting!
    Wise_GrimwaldAcifer
  • WhitefoxWhitefox Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2019
    loving this mod, but i have a small inconsequential question. In a feast for gnolls, when i get to the gnoll fortress to find aaron hes already dead. I just find his ring atop a body. Now i cant complete the ghost at druid falls cause theres no option to give her the ring. Ideas? I just put her to rest.....and by put her to rest i mean my pally and cleric cleaved her intwain lol
    Post edited by Whitefox on
    I'm surprised that the ring is on his body, but not that he's dead. If you killed her for good, he could have committed suicide. You are not supposed to have killed her. You are supposed to have spoken to a woman in Nashkel, then a man in the temple there. This would have led to a slightly happier outcome. [ I won't spoil it for you] However, since you were evil enough to have killed her, there has been a different outcome to the one intended. A perfectly reasonable outcome. The ring should really have been on the body of a gnoll IMO.
    Mantis37
    @Whitefox There is no script in the mod that lets Aaron be dead / kill himself. If he is dead for you when you enter the area then he was either killed by Gnolls (which would also not be the mod's intention) or an area spell in one of your fights got him, too.
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited January 2020
    @Wise_Grimwald it wasnt on his body like he was a container, it was just laying atop a body which i assumed was Aarons. And i did speak to a women in nashkell, but she left when i told her Aaron was dead, and i cant find her anywhere so im assuming shes left the game. I killed the ghost cause i tried many times to just give her the ring. including just putting it in the waterfall, but could do nothing, so i just put her to rest. Better than spending eternity waiting for something that wasnt gonna happen lol
    edited January 2020
    @jastey I suppose he could have been killed in a firefight, but i doudt it as i rarely use area attack spells. I use mainly melee'rs and dont want then in the line a fire. But its a possibility i didnt consider and something ill watch out for next time i do a play-through.
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited January 2020
    I would just make sure that you do NOT kill his fiancee's ghost unless you are a follower of Kelemvor.
    edited January 2020
    @Wise_Grimwald I think @Whitefox meant that there was no other quest end available after Aaron was dead than to kill the ghost. Not the other way round. As I said, there is no script for Aaron to kill himself afaik.
    In the long run, this would be an oversight in quest design, but since Aaron only dies (officially) if killed by the player then assuming the player would go and kill the ghost, too, doesn't seem too far off.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Wise_Grimwald exactly...not like my first i,pulse was to kill the ghost. Did it more out of frustration than anything lol
    Misaunderstanding then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.