Skip to content

Beamdog Support is moving to Service Desk

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Hello, everyone!

For several years, we’ve been using Zendesk and Redmine to track reports and provide customer support for our D&D games:
  • Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

After a thorough evaluation, we’ve made the decision to move our support and issue tracking into one place: Service Desk. This will help us keep track of all your feedback and reports.

Don’t worry: we'll copy over your existing issues from Zendesk & Redmine. Thanks for all your feedback & reports over the years. Looking forward to hearing from you at the new site:

Beamdog Service Desk
Details

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Sorry to have missed this memo. I suppose I can have my PW community cease spamming Redmine with bug reports. The Service Desk seems more intuitive and user friendly. Thank you.
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Quick question on this new Service Desk area: Do I have to make a new account? I tried to log in with my Redmine user and password, tried with my e-mail address and same password, but it wouldn't take either.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, a new account is required.
    Hmmm... ok, then that brings up the question: How is my account info (ie. old tickets) gonna be copied over???
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    grom56 wrote: »
    Hmmm... ok, then that brings up the question: How is my account info (ie. old tickets) gonna be copied over???

What we meant there is that we copied all the existing reports (to the internal base), nothing was lost.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.
  • StylishJediStylishJedi Member Posts: 1
    I doubt this developer cares about your old tickets or any tickets. This was a quick buck, on to the next game to "recompile" make money then abandon.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I doubt this developer cares about your old tickets or any tickets. This was a quick buck, on to the next game to "recompile" make money then abandon.

Umm... it's pretty much the opposite of that. They've been working on stuff for NWN:EE continuously since the beginning giving it improvements. The reason it doesn't appear as "enhanced" as you might hope is most of the work has been done on the creation side rather than the visual side. NWN's main purpose is the creating or playing what others have created, not for the campaigns to be visually stunning. As for not caring, I doubt that too. I just think they've bitten off more than they can chew, so to us players it feels like things aren't taken care of when in fact they are, just not at an ideal pace for us. Not that I don't have my things I criticize. I'm just saying this hasn't been a "quick buck" for Beamdog by any means.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @StylishJedi I would think today's release of yet another dev patch for NwN EE disproves that. From your tone you almost sound like one of the "I hate BeamDog" brigade from over on the GOG forums. Try to be a bit more patient please.

TR
  • I doubt this developer cares about your old tickets or any tickets. This was a quick buck, on to the next game to "recompile" make money then abandon.

I smell a TROLL...quick get the torches!
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    What is the current platform for submitting things that are broken?
  • FozzforusFozzforus Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2022
    I had to change the render. There's a switch buried in game options that changes it from opengl to directx. Directx worked better.
    Post edited by Fozzforus on
This discussion has been closed.