Skip to content

Help with EET install order

2»

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    No idea why, but my SCS suddenly stoped installing. I wanted to translate one .tra file, which wasn't in lang/polish folder - difficulty.tra. After translation i keep getting this bug in PI:

#[weidu_external/lang/stratagems/POLISH/difficulty.tra] PARSE ERROR at line 254 column 1-21
    #Near Text: choose
    # syntax error
    #[weidu_external/lang/stratagems/POLISH/difficulty.tra] ERROR at line 254 column 1-21
    #Near Text: choose
    # Parsing.Parse_error
    #ERROR: parsing [weidu_external/lang/stratagems/POLISH/difficulty.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
    #Stopping installation because of error.
    #ERROR Installing [Inicjalizacja komponentow SI (wymagane dla wszystkich komponentow taktycznych i SI)], rolling back to previous state
    #Will uninstall 2936 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
    #Uninstalled 2936 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
    #ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    #Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    #Automatically Skipping [Inicjalizacja komponentow SI (wymagane dla wszystkich komponentow taktycznych i SI)] because of error.
    #Using Language [Polski (Yarpen)]
    #NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Inicjalizacja komponentow SI (wymagane dla wszystkich komponentow taktycznych i SI)
    #
    #WARNING: stratagems : 5900 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    #INSTALLATION FINISHED.

I thought maybe i deleted during translation some sign like ~ or ", but i couldn't find any mistake, so i reinstalled this mod and this bug still appears. I don't even have difficulty.tra in lang/polish anymore. Even after reverting translation i still get bug in POLISH/difficulty.tra] ERROR at line 254 column 1-21. I will leave my translated file here, maybe somone could tell how to install SCS again: https://filebin.net/v53rbek4qpdq81wm
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    The tra files seem to be copied to a folder called weidu_external/ in your game. Maybe it is still inside there, even though you deleted it in the scs language folder.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited November 2019
    @Etamin Tra entries 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1126, 1127, 1133, 1134, 1135, and 1136 are not closed with a double-quote: ", but instead with the double-right quote: ” .
    Weidu only accepts the double-quote " , tilde ~ , 5x tilde ~~~~~, and percentage % characters as string delimiters.
    Post edited by kjeron on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    jastey wrote: »
    The tra files seem to be copied to a folder called weidu_external/ in your game. Maybe it is still inside there, even though you deleted it in the scs language folder.

Didn't know. That explains why i still got this bug after reinstalling the mod.
    kjeron wrote: »
    @Etamin Tra entries 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1126, 1127, 1133, 1134, 1135, and 1136 are not closed with a double-quote: ", but instead with the double-right quote: ” .
    Weidu only accepts the double-quote " , tilde ~ , 5x tilde ~~~~~, and percentage % characters as string delimiters.

Thanks, that was the problem. I didn't notice it, since i didn't know there are differences between those two quotes.

Don’t use fancy word processors to edit these things. Use a good, but plain, text editor. I like BBEdit/TextWrangler on the Mac, and CONText on Windows. (All of which are free as in beer.)

Since i started translating baldur mods, i use Notepad++, which i highly recommend.
  • KnuckelsKnuckels Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2019
    Etamin wrote: »
    This time problem with Acension component:

#ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset -1 of 782-byte file player1.dlg
    #ERROR: [player1.dlg] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("player1.dlg: read out of bounds"))
    #ERROR Installing [Ulepszona przemiana w Zabójcę], rolling back to previous state
    #Will uninstall 6 files for [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] component 50.
    #Uninstalled 6 files for [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] component 50.
    #ERROR: Failure("player1.dlg: read out of bounds")
    #Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-ASCENSION.DEBUG and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/207-ascension/
    #Automatically Skipping [Ulepszona przemiana w Zabójcę] because of error.
    #Using Language [Polski jezyk (Przetlumaczony przez Damian Staniszewski)]
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk] created, 303360 string entries
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk] created, 303360 string entries
    #NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Ulepszona przemiana w Zabójcę
    #
    #WARNING: Ascension : 50 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    #WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.

I unpaused it and installion is still going. I will edit this post if more errors will occur.

Hi there,

I got exactly the same problem last night, and according to this thread, this problem should be fixed three years ago.

The EET's fix simply move "PLAYER1.DLG" from BGEE:SoD to "PLAYER1_.DLG". Quite easy.
    But, in the present case, if you check into your override directory right after installed EET core component, i guess you'll not find any "PLAYER1_.DLG".
    //Compatibility with BG1NPC Required Modifications
    ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~) AND (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.TP2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN
    	EXTEND_TOP ~REDDEATH.BCS~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/compat/bg1npc/baf/X#BRDWI.BAF~ EVALUATE_BUFFER //Interjection scripting changes, BG1 NPCs
    	//conflict with BG2:EE resources
    	ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY remapped_dlg BEGIN
    		"PLAYER1" => "PLAYER1_"
    	END
    	COPY + ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~ ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1_.DLG~
    	DELETE + ~%patch_dir%/dlg/PLAYER1.DLG~
    END

Here the problem:

EET check the WeiDU-BGEE.log content to check if BG1 NPC Project is installed or not and apply its fix in consequence.
    But, if you manage to install your mods in "all-in-one-and-go" by using "EET-SoD" group in Project Infinity and BGEE2 in left corner, your WeiDU-BGEE.log should look like something like that:
    ~DLCMERGER/SETUP-DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30

Instead of:
    ~DLCMERGER/SETUP-DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #3 // Merge DLC into game -> All available DLCs: 1.2
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v24.0
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v24.0
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0

So the regex used by EET doesn't match anymore because of the space in the end of regex.

Two solutions for the moment:
    1. Perform a two step installation - First BGEE, then BGEE2. Don't forget to select correct game in left corner in Project Infinity.
    2. Apply a little fix to EET by editing "EET/compat/bg1npc/include.tph" and remove the trailing space in regex.

Current code:
    ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~) AND (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.TP2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN

Fixed code:
    ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~) AND (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.TP2. #[0-9]+ #0~) BEGIN

Two solutions for the future:
    @K4thos: Regex fix? I don't known if there can be side effect due to remove trailing space.
    @ALIEN: Don't known if it's from Project Infinity or WeiDU, but WeiDU.log's comments seem to be striped for BGEE when you use the "all-in-one-and-go" installation method.

Also, sorry i didn't have/want a GitHub account for a pull request. :|

Hope it'll help.

For information, tested with:
    Edit: After some check, its appear that all EET's regexes who check WeiDU-BGEE.log have a trailing space. So, perform a two step installation.
    Post edited by Knuckels on
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Knuckels Thanks, I will check this.
  • RaphaBERaphaBE Member Posts: 4
    FYI I experienced the same issue and I completely agree with Knuckels' assessment. I've also reported the issue to the EET developers because, while investigating this issue, I found a potential problem with the handling of BG1NPC in EET.

Also, I think the space at the end of the Regex expression is required. If you remove it, then "#1" would also match strings such as "#10" which is incorrect, hence the space to ensure a strict match. Hopefully the PI and/or EET developers can resolve it, but meanwhile I agree that a two-steps installation is the best solution.
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2020
    RaphaBE wrote: »
    I think the space at the end of the Regex expression is required. If you remove it, then "#1" would also match strings such as "#10" which is incorrect, hence the space to ensure a strict match.
    This should be fixable using
    BG1NPC\.TP2. #[0-9]+ #0\b

in the regex. This would find #0 but not #01 (if 01 existed).
    However, it may be more reasonable to fix the output from PI?
    Post edited by Henanigan on
  • RaphaBERaphaBE Member Posts: 4
    I have modified the EET scripts to use \b for the mods I'm importing (BGQE, BG1NPC, BG1UB) and I can confirm that it resolved the issue i.e. both one-step and two-steps installations work fine.

I agree that it should be fixed in Project Infinity though - assuming it's indeed a PI issue. I just don't understand why comments are stripped from the weidu.log file, given that the weidu.log file should simply be copied from the BG1 folder to the BG2 folder. I guess there are some intricacies.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I believe I identified a bug with BG1NPC+EET unrelated to Project Infinity. It's easy to fix too. See here for more information:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30948-potential-bug-when-importing-bg1npc-into-eet/
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited January 2020
    @Henanigan @RaphaBE @Knuckels PI will no longer use --quick-log. Even if this option is valid, it requires modders to be aware of it and adjust the code.

I've investigated recent error reports, it turns out that there is yet another bug with the EET code:
    FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.TP2. ... ~

This condition is also true when the mods has been recently uninstalled so the BGSoD weidu.log contains this:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v24.0

and EET thinks that it needs to account for BG1NPC changes. This leads to empty 'player1.dlg' file and causes bugs with other mods like Ascension "Improved Slayer Transformation". I've tested it and I could reproduce it manually.

I will report this to the EET board. Thanks for the detailed error reports.
    Post edited by ALIEN on