Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Thank you so much for your compliment @Wise_Grimwald that’s really very sweet of you.
    CrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 Sad that you got all of the way to the ducal palace and then died. :(
    Grond0CrevsDaak
    What do you guys think is the easiest solo class for this run?

I’m having a lot of trouble deciding what to try next.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    I would say a fighter multiclass such as: fighter/mage, fighter/cleric, ranger/cleric. It makes you a little less squishy but gives you the opportunity to buff, use wands etc.
    StummvonBordwehrKloroxCrevsDaakCharlestonianTemplar
    I’m thinking a berserker 9/mage might be a good idea.

Berserker is a great base because they’re immune to basically everything with rage, and 3 of them are enough.

I know I can get through BGI without reloading (as long as I’m smart/careful about it). Mage is great for most of BGII, which will be the majority of my playing time.

I will have to think about what weapon I should max out with my 9 fighter levels.
    Grond0CrevsDaak
    Journal of Rhiainfelt
    Defeated the mines at Cloakwood without TOO much difficulty picked up Jet'Laya at the FAI and went to try to save her sister who used wail of the banshee. My silence spell wasn't quick enough and Rhiainfelt died immediately. :( End of the Tiefling run.
    :(. Sorry @Wise_Grimwald

CharlestonianTemplar
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Your install has a hostile character that casts level 9 save-or-dies? That’s absolutely ludicrous, frankly. xD
    CrevsDaak
  • jessejmcjessejmc Member Posts: 141
    Klorox wrote: »

Dwarf Fighter/Cleric is quite forgiving.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaakCharlestonianTemplarmonico
    edited January 2020
    jessejmc wrote: »

That's what I thought but Grond0 doesn't agree. I suppose that it all depends upon your style of play. I am currently playing a berserker who will be dualled into a cleric of some sort. Not a dwarf and not multiclass either. However, I'm not intending to play solo which changes things.

I like to play human or elf for the romances even though it's harder. I think that for half-elves the cleric/ranger is quite a good option. That is a good option for me since mods have introduced moonblades that are useable by non-evil elves and half-elves.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    jessejmc wrote: »

That's what I thought but Grond0 doesn't agree. I suppose that it all depends upon your style of play. I am currently playing a berserker who will be dualled into a cleric of some sort. Not a dwarf and not multiclass either. However, I'm not intending to play solo which changes things.

I agree that a dwarf fighter/cleric is pretty forgiving. It has good armor and saving throws will be only slightly lower than a single class shorty character. It's the mage multi-classes where lack of precision is a lot more likely to prove costly in a solo run.
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @Grond0 , I can't see some of your pictures (roughly the second half of them), I don't know if that's just me or if there's something wrong.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Arvia wrote: »
    @Grond0 , I can't see some of your pictures (roughly the second half of them), I don't know if that's just me or if there's something wrong.

@Arvia they look OK to me. Sometimes display problems are associated with a particular browser - you could perhaps try using a different one?
    ArviaWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »

@Arvia they look OK to me. Sometimes display problems are associated with a particular browser - you could perhaps try using a different one?

Now they're fine. On the same device and browser. Maybe my wifi was weak and didn't load them all. Sorry for the confusion.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0CharlestonianTemplar