Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Remind me, what was the name of the mod that lets you visit Icewind Dale in BG?
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @Wise_Grimwald, Phossey gives you the barrel just west of the coalition camp exit. However I'm not sure she'll still be there because she's supposed to be talking to de Lancie, who should currently be at the parley already. There is another way into Dragonspear Castle, using a catapult if I'm not mistaken, but I've never tried that.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited December 2019
    Blackraven wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald, Phossey gives you the barrel just west of the coalition camp exit. However I'm not sure she'll still be there because she's supposed to be talking to de Lancie, who should currently be at the parley already. There is another way into Dragonspear Castle, using a catapult if I'm not mistaken, but I've never tried that.
    Blackraven wrote: »

I had the barrel with me, placed it and everything ended well except for poor Tamoko and Caelar.

dub7y8ho7bsp.jpg

I suppose that in future I could save her by letting her go earlier. Other NPCs would be more useful. However, I'm glad that she was in the party this time. The only successful run I have had in BG1 with an evil party, but that is probably because I rarely play evil parties.

I now have a problem. It is clearly a bug. Dorn is in the party at the end, but I cannot select him. So as I attempt to leave the game says "You must gather your party..." However I cannot bump him out of the party either. :(

The only way out of it that I can see is to:

1} Reload and see if the bug disappears second time around.

2} Reload earlier and dump Dorn and not go into BG2 with him in the party. I am playing EET.

I am hoping that option 1 is available just so that I can see how EET works. I don't want to carry on into BG2 with this party as I have discovered that playing evil is not my thing. I'm glad that I have done it once. Once was enough.

If anyone has the answer to the Dorn problem, that would be great. I would quite like to have him in the party occasionally in future. The interaction between him and CHARNAME is quite good.
    CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehrAduljessejmc
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I have started again from when I end up in jail. If I ask Dorn to stay, the bug remains. However, if I ask him to leave, there is no problem. It doesn't matter on this occasion, but it could for future games.

The only solution that I can see is to use EE Keeper to make him exportable, change his script and name and see if that solves the bug.

I can change the script and name back later if this works. However, it is now time for bed as Zebedee wisely said in the Magic Roundabout.
    CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehr
  • Perturbed to get this far into the game and have my PCs HLAs not working. Too far in to go back. :#